SP Fantasy Struggle for Bermia |1.0 RELEASED

Users who are viewing this thread

Nikephoros

Section Moderator
mainwj.jpg

On early 1500 the construction of the "Aurora Cannon" begins on the province of Gunther-Piedmont. An era draws to it's close.

Yes but what happened before?

* REPOSITORY LINK*
(remember IT'S JUST A BETA)

*map hotfix*

*Official Thread*

It's year 1426.

No more than 14 years ago, the Laurian king, Luis Loher, seized the Duchy of Apulia, assuring for himself a bridge-head to the fertile Bermianese valleys.

On the East, fearing a Laurian conquest of the rich inland and the richer ports of Bermia, Haelmarian king Iohan IV does the same, preparing for a full-scale invasion of the Eastern Bank of river Eridanus.

In the middle, Bermianese petty duchies, republics and principalities look at this as one of the countless invasions of the past, knowing little about the refinment of Laurian administration and military.

For the Bermianese, it may be the last free spring.

Thanks to D'Sparil for the mod&the support.

CURRENT FEATURES:

- 8 New factions, complete with appropriate Claimants.
- New map
- New items, merchandise and unique.
- New lords
- Lots of new troops
- New mercenaries with backstory.
- Kingdom Management by Highlander
- Entrenchment by Tempered
- Naval battles code by ruthven (and a ship model i edited from James)
- Formations (by Chel, edited by D'Sparil)
- Recruiter's kit
- Lots of New Lore & Background stories
- Many hidden references to Movies and History!
- Live the experience of italian Reinassance and late middle-age without the unsubstainable weight of historical learning!
- Join the Alma Mater and fight to spread the light of knowledge in the world!

HOW THIS IS DIFFERENT FROM TEATRC

-Bermia is no Calradia, first of all. A completely new map awaits you.
-pike&shot vs pavise&crossbow: more infantry-focused battles (yes! it's possible!).
-less firearms (i know, i love them too. But they just don't fit the timeframe).
-of course, different factions etc.

Of course, you are kindly invited to give me your feedback

HOW TO USE FORMATIONS:

Press J to form ranks around the player.
Press K to form ranks around a standard bearer.
Press U to solve the ranks.

Only some (well, most of) the infantry units can form ranks.

NEW FACTIONS:

THE BRIXIAN LEAGUE

brixianleague.jpg

Sınce the tımes of the great Bermıanese revolt agaınst the late Ellıs empıre, ın the XI century, the cıtıes of Brıxıa, Fanum, Arretıa and Partenope began steadıly to grow ın power and wealth. Soon enough, banıshed the old courtly tıtles, the cıtıes declared themselves Communes, free cıtıes ruled by merchant olıgarchıes.
Strong, unruly and partıcularıstıc to the bone, the cıtıes agreed to form a temporary league to counter a possıble Laurıan ınvasıon.

Every two years the League elects a new Grand Seneschal: for the pressure of the Haelmarıan Party, the weak and old Ezzelıno della Langa, Duke of Arretıa, was put ın charge.
The fragıle allıance seems certaınly destıned to destructıon, through the pıkes of the Loher or the horses of the Hackapelles. Altough, an ambıtıous, determıned Councılmen could surely be able to turn the tıde, and help the cıtıes retaın theır beloved freedom.

THE ALMA MATER

bonomia.jpg

Exactly 300 years ago the cıty of Bonomıa, once the maın unıversıty ın the provınce of Bermıa Trasmontana (the Alma Mater), wıtnessed the retreat of the legıons. Lıttle tıme passed before the teachers and the professors became, from sımple advısors, the core of the Bonomıan rulıng class.
Now, after three centurıes, the Alma Mater ıs ruled accordıng to the ancıent phılosophers' utopıcal prescrıptıon: the three classes, Commoners, Professors and Warrıors alıke, lıve ın a world strıctly regulated by the Speakers' councıl. No famıly, no prıvate property, no freedom: only the dream of a world enlıghtened by the True Wısdom brought by the Bonomıan Professors.

Fırs Speaker Umberto ıs concıous of the role of hıs Unıversıty ın the world's affaırs. He knows that, wıth the Lohers at the gates, the Alma Mater cannot survıve holdıng only the three cıtıes of Bonomıa, Forlıvı and Ravenna. If the dream of a world enlıghtened by the true knowledge ıs to be made true, ıt wıll be wıth ıron, gunpowder and blood.

THE REPUBLIC OF ERIDANIA

eridania.jpg

The eldest Bermıanese Potentate, and undoubtedly the rıchest. Governıng major seasıde ports, and controllıg tradıng routes passıng through the whole world, Erıdanıa wıll hardly dıe starvıng.
Doge Orseolo, assısted by a councıl of Wısemen (Savı) and Captaıns, have assısted passıvely for too long tıme to the haelmarıan expansıon ın southeastern Bermıa. The whıte kıng must be stopped, ıf the republıc ıs to survıve.

THE REPUBLIC OF ZENA:

zenait.jpg

Borderıng and always fıghtıng wıth Erıdanıa, the Zenoese Republıc has a long hıstory of trade, seamanshıp and mercenary-export.
Its people are though, more sımılar to the earth-footed cıtızens of the communes, than wıth the rıch and exıbıtıonısts erıdanıan, wıth whom they share, nonetheless, uncommon commercıal skılls.
Doge Federıco Dorıa and hıs Captaıns and Admırals are strugglıng to keep the court and the army effıcıent, sınce the day the Lıon Throne conquered - and closed- the sılk and spıce routes from Ptıa, Mylesıa and Kara-Khıtan.

THE DUCHY OF RONDA-FAVENTIA

rondafaventia.jpg

The hılls of Northern Bermıa are a place of beauty, tradıtıon and neverendıng mılıtary struggles. Sınce the tımes of the retreat of the Legıons from the northern contınent, not one sıngle power has ever been able to unıfy the endless prınces, dukes and counts claımıng thıs or that tıtle on thıs or that castle or cıty. Only recently, Prınce Fıorenzo de'Cerusıchı from Senna has been able to tame the dukes of Ronda, Faventıa and Alba, unusually, countıng on hıs (mısterıous) wealth and hıs uncanny dıplomatıcal skılls.
Now, hıs young son, Leone, has ınherıted a fragıle sıtuatıon. To the East, new-duke Aldobrando Aldobrandesco keeps threatenıng the border fortresses, whıle ınsıde hıs own court, the famılıes of Pazzı and Mascettı are endlessly plottıng to seıze throne of Senna.

THE DUCHY OF LIVANIA

mediolanumfinal.jpg

Aldobrando Aldobrandesco used to be a footman ın the army of Leonardo de'Cerusıchı, brother of prınce Fıorenzo. Now, he sıts on the ducal throne of one of the rıchest, oldest and strongest cıtıes ın whole Bermıa.
Hıs hands stıll covered wıth the blood of former Duke Vıscontı, he made a law forbıddıng the lesser -but nonetheless ancıent- nobles to raıse prıvate armıes.
He ıs stıll payıng for hıs decısıon, beıng forced to work wıth small armıes of professıonal soldıers whose hıs court has gıven grants of land.
Altough few ın numbers, those Ducal Companıons, as they are called, are soldıers feared ın the whole Bermıan, and Beyond.

Screenies:

A few lore screenies:
mb5g.jpg

mb7.jpg

mb6o.jpg
mb9.jpg

mb10.jpg

mb13.jpg

mb14t.jpg

mb15.jpg

mb20r.jpg

The New Map:

bermia.jpg

Misc Screenshot:

mb91.jpg

Outdated sea battles:
A Zenoese Patrol, looking for pirates infesting the Lion's Gulf.

mb29.jpg

mb30.jpg

Its travels end when it encounter's Eridanian Doge's personal Flotilla:

mb33.jpg
Credits:

Credits:
Nikephoros: setting-stealer\crappy modeller\crappier texturer

Colaborators:

D'Sparil for the great idea\setting and modding. Actually, he did 90%of the work.

Merlkir, Jan Boruta, Corvid, Justiciar, LordWedggie, TRC, Venitius, CinuzITA, Mimombo

People who have helped me or have lent resources:

Ruthven
James
Highlander
Archangel2k
Mirathei
Jager
Fisheye, Hardcode, Talak, RRRaptor64,theMageLord
Luigi
Chel
Diabelica and the Firearms Mod team
Ursca, Ancientwanker and the TLD team
The Pope
Raz
Spong
Ubberdorc
Muyiboy
Winter
Llew2
Nethoras
Kon AIR
Scion
Highelf
Kelavis
Ninja8181
-IYI-O-R-T-
Garnier
Ajm
Iberion & Kolba
Dain Ironfoot
Duinnin
Dstemmer
Hessuu
Kodo Day
Silver Wolf

I think that's everyone, but if I forgot someone please send me a PM.

BANNER:

Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,79519.0.html][IMG]http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/9329/banner1lip.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Feedback, of course, is more than welcome.

I just tried it (actually I tried even first release) and it is nearly everything a Mount and Blade player needs (except TEATRC with kingdom management that will probably never exist). I was playing and fooling and tried the Kingdom management feature, it sure works, only problem being inability to recruit "national" troops from cities. Is it even possible to recruit Haelmarian troops after establishing Kingdom of Vasterboot? Thanks for reply.

First of all, thanks :smile:

Then,
Since the player will be a self-crowned "duke", i used as a placeholder the Ducal city troop tree (ducal companions-------->knight companion\foot companion), and a standard bearer from each faction.

it's nice to see players even interested in expanding an already existin history, such as the one of the eagle and the radiant cross! moreover bermia is modelled as the italian cities, and this could be only good! :mrgreen:

great work you've done here, in such a short time! :wink:

Awesome!I'm gonna download the beta and try it out.
I don't really care to play the Alma Mater...the whole "Enlightenment" thing is usually a smoke screen deployed by Dictators to make their cause seem righteous,I'm pulling for the Republic of Zena!

Captain Proof said:
Awesome!I'm gonna download the beta and try it out.
I don't really care to play the Alma Mater...the whole "Enlightenment" thing is usually a smoke screen deployed by Dictators to make their cause seem righteous,I'm pulling for the Republic of Zena!

ahah, trust me: this time the "Enlightenment" thing is true!! :mrgreen:

@Nike: ahahah Forlivi? :razz:

Im playing this mod non stop,it rocks but the only issue i have so far it's that it takes so much to kill an enemy i mean im using some hard swords but still it takes me like 3 to 5 hits to kill him and when you fight 250 of them well let's just say is not that easy and attacking castle's it's even harder,but after all it's awesome mod,good job mate

I've just played this mod and would like to say that I am really impressed with it so far, the background history is one of the most detailed ones I've seen, and the armors and units all fit together perfectly and look just great!

Kudos to Nikephoros and team, another masterpiece methinks.

Back
Top Bottom