Map corrections. Some help from you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Corvid

Knight
So far D'Sparil has been helping me greatly correcting places where parties get "stuck" on the world map but more would be fantastic.
I love the mod but I'm not able to play the game always and keeping it running to see where everything goes and comes.  :grin:

If you happen to find a stuck party somewhere it would be a great help if you posted where in this thread (preferably with a screenshot=) with a description of where they are stuck, where they were heading and where the came from.

At the brdige leading from L'Renouille towards the Laurian territories, on the side of the river that L'Renouille is NOT on. Seen from taht end of the bridge, looking out on the river, on the bridge's LEFT corner.

I once couldn't find any swadian caravans to start a war with because every last one of them was stuck right there.

A bit to the east of Ellis, the ground goes up in a weird way, so that a party can't get past it. Luckily, it doesn't seem to obstruct any NPC parties. Screen shot soon.

Shrugging Khan said:
At the brdige leading from L'Renouille towards the Laurian territories, on the side of the river that L'Renouille is NOT on. Seen from taht end of the bridge, looking out on the river, on the bridge's LEFT corner.
I once couldn't find any swadian caravans to start a war with because every last one of them was stuck right there.
This one we found quite quick. =)
I had some 2000 Swadians trying to invade IS lands but got lost at the bridge. hopefully fixed.

Toffey said:
A bit to the east of Ellis, the ground goes up in a weird way, so that a party can't get past it. Luckily, it doesn't seem to obstruct any NPC parties. Screen shot soon.
The ground goes up in a wierd way?
apart from the mountains the ground should be rather smooth.
A screenshot would be very nice to see where things have gone wrong.

Okay, I found it. It's literally a space the size of a single party icon. I found it by accident the first time, so I must have really bad luck.

Toffey said:

Okay, I found it. It's literally a space the size of a single party icon. I found it by accident the first time, so I must have really bad luck.
Damn well spotted!
Some vertices and tiles had gotten ontop of each other and was nigh impossible to spot even in the editor if you didn't know what you were looking for.

Ibdeles Castle is completely surrounded by impassable terrain, the villages of Steier and (maybe) Veidar are unreachable.

Right next to the village of Uppala, Caravans are getting stuck.

Shrugging Khan said:
Ibdeles Castle is completely surrounded by impassable terrain, the villages of Steier and (maybe) Veidar are unreachable.

Right next to the village of Uppala, Caravans are getting stuck.

Are you playing with the latest version? Because Ibdeles got moved to a reachable location.

mb52.jpg

Another one.

Toffey: Hmmm, once again I'm baffled...
The tiles and the vertices are "correct" there and there is nothing that should hinder the movement of parties except...

D'Sparil. I've noticed something strange at some of the locations where things are stuck. So far at three places where I couldn't explain what made things stuck, there has been a spawnpoint for local parties. I would suggest moving them away slightly where there is less chance of passing people just to be sure.

I can't for the life of me understand how it could hinder parties movement but I'm looking at three separate occasions and there "must" be something about them that does it. I have been smoothing out several vertices along the way to Nibelheim just to be sure but I doubt that they were the cause.
I could be very wrong ofcourse... Has happened before...

Corvid said:
D'Sparil. I've noticed something strange at some of the locations where things are stuck. So far at three places where I couldn't explain what made things stuck, there has been a spawnpoint for local parties. I would suggest moving them away slightly where there is less chance of passing people just to be sure.
Alright, I'll try that.

I can't for the life of me understand how it could hinder parties movement but I'm looking at three separate occasions and there "must" be something about them that does it. I have been smoothing out several vertices along the way to Nibelheim just to be sure but I doubt that they were the cause.
I could be very wrong ofcourse... Has happened before...
What baffles me is the fact that if you talk to the parties, they star moving normally. At least I can say that for once a bizarre and totally unespected bug is not the result of beer.

D'Sparil said:
What baffles me is the fact that if you talk to the parties, they star moving normally. At least I can say that for once a bizarre and totally unespected bug is not the result of beer.
I'd agree there. I have a guess that the AI is dumber than a lobotomized jellyfish that drops their pathing when within a certain range of the spawnpoints but recalculates the pathing after dialogue.

I would suggest moving all friendly spawnpoints to where the cities are located and "bandit" ones nearer to mountains and in forests where less "parties with a destination" might accidentally go.

Articulo34 said:
I have found a bug on the new 0.3d map.

Still if you talk with the stuck partys they move again. And i can get myself over it with CTRL+click so not big deal.
Gah!

Back
Top Bottom