Poll

Do you think this thread should be stickie?

Yes
525 (94.1%)
No
33 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 529

Author Topic: The Guide Of Useful Scripts  (Read 113527 times)

tansvanio

• Sergeant Knight at Arms
  • When you hold the hammer, you are the weapon.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: CoR_Tansvanio
  • NWM&BWBWF&S
Re: The Guide Of Useful Scripts
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2009, 01:49:35 PM »
Thanks

Super Kitty Trollslayer

• Recruit
  • Permanently Banned
  • Destroyer of Trolls and Flamer of Doom
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2009, 12:20:53 AM »
New Kingdom Management

Ok The Kingdom Management code is complete.  I will gradually add to it over time.  It currently lacks any kind of diplomacy.  I imagine I will try to tailor it like the new Warband singleplayer.  Essentially as your empire grows larger in Warband kingdoms will slowly begin dealing with you diplomatically.  But in the beginning they don't talk to you at all.  But on topic all the code works and should serve as a good base for me to improve it.
Certain things would be better served as options in menus.
Off the top of my head
Kingdom Colour.
Kingdom Culture if you want the player to choose from the five native kingdoms.  I think NE had your companion army culture depend on who was leading it.
NE also has something where you can bribe an existing Lord with a castle to join your kingdom.  Which is an interesting idea too.
Note:If you don't have as many factions as me you will have to change every instance of fac_kingdom_8 and fac_kingdom_9 to an existing faction.
And also every instance of fac_culture_8 and fac_culture_9
Remove any line that looks like this (eq, "$character_gender",tf_gutts), or (neq,"$character_gender",tf_gutts),

Module_Constants [Search for kingdom_heroes_begin]
(click to show/hide)
Module_Dialogues
(click to show/hide)
Module_Scripts [Search for the Scripts in question then edit them]
(click to show/hide)
Module_Triggers New Triggers go at the bottom before the last ]
And make sure you put a comma at the end of the previous trigger if there isn't one already.
It should look like ]), this not ])
(click to show/hide)
Module_Simple_Triggers Edit the first trigger the next two are new.  Again make sure you add a comma to the previous trigger at the end of the file if their isn't one currently.
(click to show/hide)
O yeah, it's longest post on that forum... Let's make that guy our Administrator...
@topic. Mat, can you tell us some news? And... your forum is ekhem...

You're awfully cynical for someone who loves a deceased child molester.

NaglFaar

• Baron
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: NaglFaar
  • WBM&BNW
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2009, 07:09:31 AM »
Seems like there are troops in that code that doesn't exist. These lines can be found in Modules_Dialogues

(eq,"$character_gender",tf_gutts),###This all specifically sets the troop types for your kingdom.
         (faction_set_slot, "fac_player_supporters_faction",  slot_faction_tier_1_troop, "trp_young_blood"),
         (faction_set_slot, "fac_player_supporters_faction",  slot_faction_tier_2_troop, "trp_geselle"),
         (faction_set_slot, "fac_player_supporters_faction",  slot_faction_tier_3_troop, "trp_hardtmann"),
         (faction_set_slot, "fac_player_supporters_faction",  slot_faction_tier_4_troop, "trp_schwertmeister"),
         (faction_set_slot, "fac_player_supporters_faction",  slot_faction_tier_5_troop, "trp_drachemeister"),
         (party_set_slot, ":cur_village", slot_center_culture,  "fac_culture_8"),#Sets troop types for your villages.
         (party_set_slot, ":cur_village", slot_center_original_faction,  "fac_kingdom_8"),
         (party_set_slot, ":cur_village", slot_center_ex_faction,  "fac_kingdom_8"),
        (else_try),
         (faction_set_slot, "fac_player_supporters_faction",  slot_faction_tier_1_troop, "trp_rebel_recruit"),
         (faction_set_slot, "fac_player_supporters_faction",  slot_faction_tier_2_troop, "trp_rebel_footman"),
         (faction_set_slot, "fac_player_supporters_faction",  slot_faction_tier_3_troop, "trp_rebel_javelineer"),
         (faction_set_slot, "fac_player_supporters_faction",  slot_faction_tier_4_troop, "trp_rebel_cavalry"),
         (faction_set_slot, "fac_player_supporters_faction",  slot_faction_tier_5_troop, "trp_rebel_clansman"),
         (party_set_slot, ":cur_village", slot_center_culture,  "fac_culture_9"),
         (party_set_slot, ":cur_village", slot_center_original_faction,  "fac_kingdom_9"),
         (party_set_slot, ":cur_village", slot_center_ex_faction,  "fac_kingdom_9"),

Mæli þarft eða þegi

the thread is in Alpha stages and when all the ideas have been put together and implemented the taleworlds post shall be completed.

Berserker Pride

• Grandmaster Knight
  • Fearless Scripter of the Berserk Mod
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: CoR_Berserker
  • WB
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2009, 07:30:30 AM »
This would be if you wanted the player faction to have a unique troop tree.  If not set culture and faction to an existing kingdom and troops to match native troops. Probably shouldn't add this script to the list just yet.

NaglFaar

• Baron
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: NaglFaar
  • WBM&BNW
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2009, 07:55:51 AM »
Yes ofcourse, but you still need to add them and they're not included in the code :D

Probably shouldn't add this script to the list just yet.

Agreed. Not just yet.
Let him refine it a bit more first. Clean it up etc.
Mæli þarft eða þegi

the thread is in Alpha stages and when all the ideas have been put together and implemented the taleworlds post shall be completed.

Berserker Pride

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2009, 09:03:23 AM »
That is a good idea naglfaar. Maybe I'll include a few lines of a player kingdom tree for module_troops in the code. I will have to ensure that they all use native weapons.

Gniewomir

« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2009, 10:52:19 AM »
"tf_gutts" are not defined in native , what files i need to modyfy in module system to add this(gutts) .

Berserker Pride

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2009, 05:01:15 PM »
Just delete it as I mentioned in the thread.  But I would wait on this. Phoenix got the code working but he probably had to modify it a bit.  I need to make the code entirely native compatible.

CinuzIta

• View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2009, 05:23:47 PM »
Just delete it as I mentioned in the thread.  But I would wait on this. Phoenix got the code working but he probably had to modify it a bit. I need to make the code entirely native compatible.

this would be great... :)

(click to show/hide)

Gniewomir

« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2009, 09:23:18 PM »
Just delete it as I mentioned in the thread.
i was trying to delete them first but im doing something wrong

Berserker Pride

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2009, 09:25:37 PM »
Might want to wait on it. I need to edit this code some more.

tansvanio

• View Profile
  • NWM&BWBWF&S
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2009, 05:57:53 PM »
new kindom manengemnt script is added :D

Arnior

• Recruit
  • Long is he waiting for Polished Landscapes...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2009, 09:19:23 PM »
It is actually stupid you can only give your troops max agi_30, str_30 and so on. These variables are defined in header_troops.py.

I changed that file, so now everyone can give there troops a max of _255 (no higher value is possible with only changing header_troops.py, because we can only use 2 places: eg: str_243 = bignum | 0x000000f3) and a min of _1 :D.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
So what to do:
Just change this (in header_troop.py!):

(click to show/hide)

into this:
(click to show/hide)

tansvanio

• View Profile
  • NWM&BWBWF&S
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2009, 09:54:07 PM »
plz post entire scripts and not pieces or stuff like that, u should post that on the thread of the script, this is a script list thread, not a script thread ;)

Berserker Pride

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2009, 10:00:19 PM »
The defined attribute values are a useful thing transvanio.  They essentially allow you to increase any soldiers health to a max of 305 hp.  This is great for making super tough units. And maxed agility is great for making super fast units.