[SUGGESTION] Campaign Game

Users who are viewing this thread

King Edward

Recruit
1.I think that the fighting in Mount&Blade is already perfect, what I would like to see is more Diplomatic, Economic and Industrial options for example more Buildings that you could build, that you coud also see when you walk trough the Villag and that would have efacts, for exampal on the troops, if you become a lord of the Vaegirs Kingdom you get a Vilage, in that vilage you can recruit Vaegir Recruits, but if you order to bild for exampel a trainigfield you could alrady recruit Vaegir Footman and so on. The better buildings you have the better troops you can recruit. Only Knights would have to be traind on the Battelfield or in a Knighthood order wich you can`t build but get granted by the King. Also it would be cool to have the posebility to recruit character not to your party but to your vilag, for exampel a trainer that increases the quantety of troops you can recruit evry week, or a tax colecter that improves the incom of a town.

2.Rancking system:Non Royal: Squire
                                            Sir
                                            Knight
                                            Barones-has the right to hold a Vilag for example if your character is called Alex you becom Sir Alex Barones of Tshibtin(Tshibtin is a village)
                                  Royal: Baron-has the right to hold a Vilag and Castle
                                            Earl-has the right to hold a Town
                                            Duke-has the right to hold a County- has the right to becom a Marshal through elections
                                            King-if you are king and you defit all the other factions you becom Emperor (Kaiser,Zar)

Exampel: When you go to King Harlaus and ofer him to becom a vassal he sends you to one of his Barons to becom a Squire. After you have done some servise for that baron he raises yor some ranks and only when you becom a Barones you get granted the right to hold Vilage. If your relations with your Baron are good he makes a proposel to the King to acsept you to the Royal ranks and make you a Baron. This is done trough election by all the royal lords, with out election if you have good relations with King Harlaus or trough Marrieg to one of the royal ladys. After you becom a Baron only the king can rase your rank. When you become a Duke, for exampel Duke of Uxkhal county you know own Amere, Tshibtin, Lyindah and Tevarin Castel. You don`t take away the lands from the lords that posesd it but they serv you now and have to share their incomes with you and you can give them orders, for exampel what to build next in their Citys. Now you can becom king trough consperecy, persuad most of the other Dukes to suport you or one day the king says he is to old and he wonts all his royal lords to select a new king from the Dukes.

3. win holdings in tournoment. for example you bet with lord Mirchaud that you will beat him in tournament. if you win you get Dhirim if you lose he gets Uxkhal.

pleas forgive my bad Englisch

There have been a few threads on this, and I agree that M&B multiplayer should have some form of persistence. Could be something as simple as a turn-based campaign map in which a turn is basically a battle fought out on a (random) map, with multiple battles happening simultaneously. Capturing land would mean gaining control over resources your faction could use to wage war. Also there should be some kind of RPG element to your character, so that fighting is a little less meaningless.

1. Sounds reasonable. Needs more details though.

2. I definitely agree that there needs to be some sort of way to move up in a kingdom, instead of just being a vassal. However, the king can simply take away fiefs and award them to you, instead of forcing you to share them. A lord would be just as angry as having to split his income, rather than being moved away from his fief to a more lowly one, which is appropriate as you have just surpassed him in standing with the king.

win holdings in tournament. for example you bet with lord Mirchaud that you will beat him in tournament. if you win you get Dhirim if you lose he gets Uxkhal.

No one in their right mind would bet a MAJOR city of their country in a simple tournament joust. Thats like a king of England betting London against a French lord who bets away Rheims. NOT going to happen. Even if it was implemented, the lords are so weak it would just be abuse-able, as the player could snatch up all the land through this method.

Tyrant said:
1. Sounds reasonable. Needs more details though.

2. I definitely agree that there needs to be some sort of way to move up in a kingdom, instead of just being a vassal. However, the king can simply take away fiefs and award them to you, instead of forcing you to share them. A lord would be just as angry as having to split his income, rather than being moved away from his fief to a more lowly one, which is appropriate as you have just surpassed him in standing with the king.

win holdings in tournament. for example you bet with lord Mirchaud that you will beat him in tournament. if you win you get Dhirim if you lose he gets Uxkhal.

No one in their right mind would bet a MAJOR city of their country in a simple tournament joust. Thats like a king of England betting London against a French lord who bets away Rheims. NOT going to happen. Even if it was implemented, the lords are so weak it would just be abuse-able, as the player could snatch up all the land through this method.

(quot)No one in their right mind would bet a MAJOR city of their country in a simple tournament joust. Thats like a king of England betting London against a French lord who bets away Rheims. NOT going to happen. Even if it was implemented, the lords are so weak it would just be abuse-able, as the player could snatch up all the land through this method.

stuff like that hapend in England and in France. you can google about William Marshal and the tournaments of Lagny-sur-Marne in Champagne

Well technically getting to squire takes up most of your childhood, and only nobles could do that, so how about:

NPC:
Standard Bearer: Carries the flag of the Character, denoting rank etc.

Military:
Knight (Banner is a pennant (i.e. smaller flag on battlefield), assigned to other lord (who commands the character, and drags him along on campaigns etc. Small company.)
Knight Bachelor (Banner is pennant (ordinary flag), but is assigned to another lord. Small company.)
Knight Banneret (Has own banner, commands self. Leads Bachelors and Knights into battle. Medium company.) 1x Knight/Knight Bachelor
Baronet 2x Knight/Knight Bachelor + own troops
Baron 3x Knight/Knight Bachelor + own troops
Viscount 4x Knight/Knight Bachelor + own troops
Count/Earl 5x Knight/Knight Bachelor + own troops etc.
Marquess
Duke
King.

So basically, from Knight Banneret, the character in question with that rank has (1 + the rank below it) of the Knights/Knight Bachelors (due to feudal duty and all that.). The "small companies" would be around 5-20 troops, which would fit the Battles of medieval combat (like in the "Form Ranks" script, for example)

So in theory the King can drag along around 80 men from the Knights and Knight Bachelors in his service along with troops he can hire with his own money.

The promotions and troops allowed would be based on relation with King, renown, victories, how much your faction likes you etc. This is probably in no way near real life, but I think it works. This is probably really hard to code.

stuff like that hapend in England and in France. you can google about William Marshal and the tournaments of Lagny-sur-Marne in Champagne

Yeah, no, I'm going to go out and say that it still didn't happen. For one, towns like Uxhal and Dhirim represent MAJOR cities, equivalent to that of Orleans, York, London, Campagne, PARIS, I could keep going. There is no way a lord would bet away such a major city. I also hope you mean that this happens within factions and not between other factions, because a king would never allow land in his own kingdom to be betted away to a foreign country. I'm going to assume you didn't mean this because everything you mentioned was all swadian. If they were gambling small fiefs away, I could see it happening, but even villages represent bigger towns then that.

For the record, I googled all of those and found nothing. I don't doubt your word, but you'll have to quote me the part where Paris was lost in a bet.

Back
Top Bottom