The Lord of the Rings games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord_killzor

Talk about The Lord of the Rings games here! I talk littlebit also :smile:

For PC there are games The Lord of the Rings - The Battle for Middle earth  1 , 2 , Rise of The Witch King , Lord of the Rings - Conquest and one Lord of the rings game more.

The battle for middle earth games are strategy. You can build farms , barrackses and so. At The Battle for Middle Earth 1 you start in a fortress. And there are building plot or something like this. You can build on them only.

On The Battle for Middle Earth 2 you can free-build. There are Builders , with who you can build and move around. You can't attack with them. Also you can do naval battles!

In The Battle for Middle Earth 2 - Rise of The Witch King you can do everything same. But there is Angmar faction. Where you can recruit The Witch King on horse. In other Battle for Middle-Earths you can recruit Witch King on a fellbeast.

Lord of the Rings - Conquest is a 3rd person game. You can choose class. And when you must fight with someone strong , there is a option ''Would You like to play as a hero?''
With this option you can choose like Gandalf , Aragorn , Nazgul and so.. Normally you can't play with heroes.

All those games are produced by Electronic Arts.

I really like those games. My personally favourite is The Lord of the Rings - The Battle for Middle-Earth 2 Rise of The Witch King.

For that game , i downloaded a mod named ''RJ-ROTWK''. That's a great mod. Many new structures , heroes and a lot of new troops. Also abilities.

My favourite thing in ''RJ ROTWK'' is  9 RECRUITABLE NAZGÛLS OF COURSE!

Now it's your time to talk about Lord of the Rings games. Thank you!

~Killzor

Well he seems to be a Lord of the Rings *cough*film*cough* fan....

Lord_Killzor, try reading the books, and no excuses of: Books are for losers or somesuch.

I really don't like to read the books :grin:. Reading a book makes my head ache :grin:. But forget about it. This topic is about LOTR games not books :smile:. Talk about LOTR games here

Hey guys what's your favorite part of the books? I've always loved the journey through Shelob's Lair.

I have read all the books 2-5 times but i have noticed that Lotr games that are actually good are also rare.

Lotr: conquest sucks. It's a B-class game that just lacks too much and isn't fun.

Fellowship of the ring, two towers and the return of the king movie-based games were horrible license crap. I also watched a vid of Lotr: third age and got bored to death even by watching it.

Lord of the Rings online is a WoW clone and a discrace, perhaps the most pathetic attempt in using a Lotr license.

The last days seems pretty good but i'm annoyed of the fact that they don't use the armor from the movies because they were awesome in design and that's what people expect from a Lotr mod.

Third age total war is great imo, the units look perfect and the game is good.

Aragorn's quest is for kids and probably also not so good, no interest in that.

Lotr: war in the north is currently unknown, it could be the spiritual successor of Lotr: white council, and an Oblivion-like open world rpg. I will laugh my ass out if it's anything else, an open world rpg is the only thing that Lotr hasn't been made into.

Bfme games are probably good, one of the few good lotr games. I have never tried them though.

It's pretty sad that half of the good Lotr games are mods but maybe the license cost and the greed of the bigger companies does that.

Do you guys like Nazgul? I can't make the thing above u , sry :grin:. Idk why. It won't appear.

:lol:

Yeah nazguls are cool...

Anyone played an old game called War of the ring, it was a strategy game based on the books. It was actually pretty good, but with only 2 sides, good and evil.

Most of the LOTR games are made by EA. And EA really seems to suck, It can make great sport games, but action-based games are usually utter crap. "LOTR: Return of the king" was playble, though.

If i'd need to name a good LOTR game, i couldt think of any which would full the requirements for "Good".
On another hand, I would pick a mod, not a game. "Third age Total war"-mod for Medieval II: kingdoms is fantastic, and a lot better than any of the LOTR games on the market. And it's free too.  :wink:
And ofcourse TLD, whenever it'll come out.

I quite liked the game "Hobbit". I played it through 5 times.

I like EA's games very very :smile:. Btw , can you be Nazgul in Return of the king game? I haven't played that game : o.

Btw , i have a Nazgul clothes in real life :grin:. I bought from internet. Also i have witch king helmet. So , i have Nazgul armor , sword , greaves and gauntlets. And if i put on the witch king helmet , i have witch king costume :grin:.

Yes I have played a majority of them and probably around half sucked,with RoTK being kinda fun and LoTRO catching me due to the community who were lore nuts like I was when I played it.Other then that,the games don't look interesting enough to try out(Definitely not trying BFME2!).Anyway,what is your infatuation with corrupted Numenoreans?Do you know anything about Earnur,Anarion, or the last King of the Numenoreans who made Sauron piss his pants,the significance of Isildur(who brought the tree from Numenor),or even Elros.You really need to stop having fan love for a fictional ass kissers and admire the Men of Middle Earth.

Everyone from good side are cool in LOTR :grin:. But still , my favourites are Nazguls. And i know all 9 Nazgul names :smile:. Uvatha the Horseman, Morgomir ( I don't remember what was at his name end) ,Akhorahil the Blind,Ren the Unclean ,Dwar, Dog Lord of Waw, Hoarmurath of Dir, Khamûl the Black Easterling and The Witch-King of Angmar.

I know all of the Nazguls :smile:. 1 name i chcked from google (Khamul the black easterling  . I forgot it. it is hard name :grin:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3c8sXPM6ps <-- A cool video about Nazgul , Witch-King

If i were in Lord of the rings world , i'd want to be Nazgul at the Good side :grin:. Nazgul living in the shire :grin:.

Back
Top Bottom