Mercenary Guild Guide Last Updated 12-29-09 - BANNER SCREENS

Users who are viewing this thread

Sure thing, that'll work just fine. I'll see what I can throw together. :smile:

also I think da mercs are supergreat. my favorite part is when you gives them the moneys and they bashes your foes into boneshards and giblets. :cool:

'conquistador' and 'tercio' terms and 16th century helmets appearing in the game rather breaks the middle age feeling.

Sibilance said:
Here's Machiavelli's take on the matter, in a nutshell:

According to Machiavelli, mercenaries are disunited and without discipline; bold among friends, yet cowardly among enemies; they have no fear of God, and keep no faith with men. In a word, they are unreliable. If a nation, against his advice, relies on mercenaries for its protection, it keeps its ruin at bay only so long as it can postpone an attack.

The basic problem of mercenaries is that they are loyal to the wage and not the prince, and a wage is insufficient motivation for a man to sacrifice his life. This problem is even more stark when one contemplates the mercenary captain. If he is a capable man, he may aspire to prince-hood and take the prince's own nation by force. If he is not capable, then he will bring about that nation's ruin through his own incompetence.

quite.

even so that at a point in renaissance warfare in italy became a charade, played in between mercenary companies which were taking care not to hurt each other, so all could live to get paid.

i also want to drop a note that machiavelli was one prominent, pioneering egalitarian and democrat, despite how published works during his lifetime portrays him. the real deal went unpublished during his life, stuff regarding republics, because had it been published it would jeopardize him.

Take into account that also:

Who would like to pay for soldiers who can easly run when things starts to go bad? Who would trust them and take them into any uncertain battle? I'm sure I wouldn't.

Mercs, to be paid more than once should be very, very carefull when to run, cause ruined reputation means looking for some honest work quickly.

Btw. there should be two kinds of mercs, those real ones, that fights like real soldiers, and those bunches of accident, that can be easly broken when things starts to go bad. Diffrence in price is a obviousness, right :wink: ?

no clue, maybe you can find it here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,205.0.html

SoD, warband. It's got its own forum, how great is that? More seriously, always consider that warband questions are much more likely to be answered correctly and swiftly when asked in a warband forum.

Oh really? Thanks for redirecting me! I just figured since this guy made a post on a guide to the guilds, he might know, but how stupid of me... Since the other forum has no walk through for the guilds. How great is that?

More Seriously, I checked through all of the forum, there was not a guide, nor a mention of the guild halls. There is however, those kind of mercs in the tavern.. Either way, I looked around in the cities, and found out there is no guild halls in the warband one.

Back
Top Bottom