Post delicious meals you made!

Users who are viewing this thread

Delora Filth said:
jaglS.jpg

Homemade lamb and pork sausages with fennel, garlic and thyme. Shredded cabbage, jerusalem artichokes and red onions sautéed in lemon juice, butter and brown sugar with smoked garlic, black pepper and fresh parsley. And green peas steamed in apple cider vinegar and butter. Served with sweet mustard.
bromdenpost: this is absolutely gorgeous. I have a Jerusalem artichoke soup recipe which i am desperate to try, but unfortunately is hampered by my inability to acquire Jerusalem artichokes on the British black market.

Well things I cooked weren't that good lately  :sad:

So I made this chestnut cake today:
48077748_364189801007450_1309942034320064512_n.jpg
With this recipe:
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/8020/chestnut-truffle-cake
I put half the sugar and 20% more the chestnuts than the recipe amount and find it still pretty heavy and chocolatey tbh. I wanted to get more of chestnut taste. But it's a pretty good and easy cake.
Also there are some comments about the firmness, I found it firm enough even without chilling.
47572308_325524188042109_3264670685401710592_n.jpg
And I also made some red lentil kofte(turkish stuff), couldn't find fine bulgur so not as good as I wished it to be.
48195686_2129718847095670_6864162250807050240_n.jpg

Edit: I offered this cake to two other people today. They absolutely loved it and didn't believe I made it.

Made rice for the first time. It's considered as the ultimate test for being a bride in turkey, so I'm happy that I didn't **** up
48385731_225211535036864_4267110623449448448_n.jpg
A small onion, a glass of rice, 125 gr chestnuts, one tbsp butter, one tbsp olive oil, one tbsp pine nuts, 2 tsp of allspice, 2 tsp of cinnamon, 2 tsp of sugar, 1 tsp black pepper, salt.

Rosemary: compulsory for lamb? You can put some on your omelette.
Thyme: French onion soup
Sage: I don't use it.
Bay leaves: good in a lot of soups, especially with beans.

Adorno said:
A nice bread
65xWm.jpg
/spoiler]

Damnit Adorno, this thread isn't supposed to make me horny. Bread looks good though.

That is the whitest Indian meal I have seen in a long time. The chickpea curry's colour almost looks... too non-spicy. Must be the coconut milk... I imagine it must have made it taste gooood but I'm just a bit more used to eating bland, harshly-spiced curries.

All in all, it looks tasty, but it does look... something like what we'd charge foreigners several pounds too many for. Good effort though!

Did you keep the dish spicy though? As in, how spicy. And why can I see sugar grains on the naan? I consider that sacrilege.  :mad:

Pachinko said:
That is the whitest Indian meal I have seen in a long time.
:lol:

Teach me, master! You're right, it's not very authentic. I have no idea what I'm doing. I use curry and garam masala of some kind.
How do you get yours so dark - is it just the spices?

Also, do you happen to have a recipe for those vadas?

Pachinko said:
And why can I see sugar grains on the naan? I consider that sacrilege.  :mad:
Sugar? That's premium sea salt from Sicily!

Hahaha, don't get me wrong, its prolly really good- anything you put your heart into is. But maybe I'm just personally biased against whatever appears to have come out of an overpriced boutique restaurant. (take that as a compliment, if you will :razz:)

I can't actually teach you much about Indian culinary arts, though, sorry about that. The best I can do are good instant noodles and pentagonal parathas. I guess the darkness could be brought about by adding tomato in some form though. Consider adding asafoetida to your food, Indians use it often for adding flavour to their food.

I imagine the garam masala used by you must offer a variegated enough blend of spices for normal use. I'll try asking mum in the morning, she likely knows infinitely more about Indian cooking than I would.

Hope this recipe from the interwebz helps- https://food.ndtv.com/recipe-medhu-vada-463917- or this one just for a second opinion- https://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/medu-vada-recipe-medu-vada/. Essentially it involves soaking husked black gram in water and grinding it to a paste, then frying the paste with stuff added to it.

Premium sea salt from Sicily... hmm, white people and their first-world spices. :razz:

Back
Top Bottom