Italy at War.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do you like the idea of a new mod set in italy.

This is an idea I have been thinking about for a long time now.

5 factions planned, Kingdom of Milan, Kingdom of Sicily, Kingdom of Venice, The Papal State, The Holy Roman Empire.

Ofcourse faction names can be discussed.

The mod will take place in 1380.A.D.

Im really motivated to work on this instead of keeping Britain at War up to date.  :roll:

Please come here and discuss, and maybe I decide to make this mod and recruit a team instead of me doing all the work as in Britain at War.

If you think this will be good and you have any kind of modding skill please dont hesitate to post.  :wink:

A list of what people that would be needed.

* 2 modelers.
* 2 texturers.
* 1 or 2 coders.
* Map maker.
* A scener, maybe 2.

If you can think of anymore people that is needed please mention it.

Signatures.

iaw.png

Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,113.0.html][IMG]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/1955/iaw.png[/IMG][/url]

IoW1.jpg

Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,113.0.html][IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/Athox/IoW1.jpg[/IMG][/url]

IoW2.jpg

Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,113.0.html][IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/Athox/IoW2.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Nice..

I want to help out.. But i don't have any skill.. If it will be release,ask to me the italian names of the cities, or the various names... And i shall try to translate that..

When is the mod ambientated?

wouldn't be interested in it myself :shock:, personally i think britian at war is very good and you should continue to improve on it :cool:, just my opinion though

I would like a mod about the struggle for italy. I can remember a project called death of renaissance or sth. Fighting in Italy with different factions is really interesting. But i suggest that you first complete the work on britain at war, it looks nice, but i feel it is far from being a polished mod. Starting screen and companions dialoge should be reworked and i am still missing the feature for kingdom management.

Lizard_man said:
ah i see, but why would you have to start over, new mod or not, that's alot of work

I have used the troops editor and item editor to make this mod, also with tweaking the txt files.

And if I want codes in now, I have a major problem, editor + coding is not good, now I know the basics of coding.

Then I have to do all troops and add items again.

But the coding will might be fixed if kt0 can reverse the troops.txt to a python file, but if that does not work, I have a problem.

So BaW will never reach the same levels as other mods with kingdom management and all that stuff.

But this is why I started this thread so we can discuss this.  :wink:

Aphelian said:
I would like a mod about the struggle for italy. I can remember a project called death of renaissance or sth. Fighting in Italy with different factions is really interesting. But i suggest that you first complete the work on britain at war, it looks nice, but i feel it is far from being a polished mod. Starting screen and companions dialoge should be reworked and i am still missing the feature for kingdom management.

Britain at war is finished. Now italy at war will be gorgeous

Expect my support,for traduction ecc..

Pratolli said:
Aphelian said:

Britain at War is v 1.0 but it is really far from finished, thats where the problem kicks in, because I have to do coding to fix dialougs and all those things.

And its to late for Britain at War to start using codes.  :roll:

yeah i'd say continue with britian at war, would you be able to make a europe at war with many factions or is that way too much work, that would be impressive, you should make a poll and let the people who play your mod vote, but then again, it's your mod so do whatever you like :cool:, i'm sure people will be happy with the end results either way

Lizard_man said:
yeah i'd say continue with britian at war, would you be able to make a europe at war with many factions or is that way too much work, that would be impressive, you should make a poll and let the people who play your mod vote, but then again, it's your mod so do whatever you like :cool:, i'm sure people will be happy with the end results either way

The only thing about a earope mod is that it will have alot of factions, it will laso be little item space for this, you can only have 915 items in mount and blade with the native items.

For my taste I like to take a particular region like the british isles, italy, spain ... etc...

The idea of a mod set in Italy was also because there are none, well, there is on battle of sicily, but I dont know much about the mod.

Rath0s said:
Pratolli said:
Aphelian said:

Britain at War is v 1.0 but it is really far from finished, thats where the problem kicks in, because I have to do coding to fix dialougs and all those things.

And its to late for Britain at War to start using codes.  :roll:
Then i would suggest that you really start with a new mod or to merge with another mod-team you like and leave BAW as it is. Don't missunderstand me, BAW is not bad at all but i think you could have done much better. Also i think a europe at war mod is absolete with europe 1200 hanging around and europe 1300 in the making. An Italy at war would be sth. different if you take it right from the start and include sth unique in it. I don't know if it is possible but i would suggest orders from the pope to a crusade (troops leaving and coming back after a time, improved) or an order to despand most of your troops in order to keep up the peace etc...

Edit: Your right, with only 915 items per mod it would really be better to concentrate on a specific region, so you're able to work out items more properly and have a nice range for faction-specific-things. With a lot of factions this would leave them only a few items...i don't like that for sure.

also i was just thinking, is it even worth starting a new mod from scratch with warband around the corner, if you start a new mod, you should wait for warband

Lizard_man said:
also i was just thinking, is it even worth starting a new mod from scratch with warband around the corner, if you start a new mod, you should wait for warband

Was thinking the same there too, it depends tho, if I will have time then.

Will it be out after december, does anybody know?

Back
Top Bottom