[RoN]: Rise of Nationalism (v1.1, updated 13 Sept. 09).

Users who are viewing this thread

For some reason I'm getting a bug.
It first happened when I shot my musket...the game froze and CTD.So I tried it out again thinking that Vista was just being it's usual Retarded self,this time I was watching my Bosnian troops fire a volley into a group of bandits.I got the same result...a freeze and then CTD.
It's a good mod though,I just wish I could play it without it crashing.

Captain Proof said:
It first happened when I shot my musket...the game froze and CTD.So I tried it out again thinking that Vista was just being it's usual Retarded self,this time I was watching my Bosnian troops fire a volley into a group of bandits.I got the same result...a freeze and then CTD.
Did you have this problem before with Age of Blackpowder, maybe it's the smoke that causes the problem? Check out this link for a smoke patch: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,71505.0.html . It reduces the lag that the current smoke causes...

JDeNef13

JDeNef13 said:
Captain Proof said:
Did you have this problem before with Age of Blackpowder, maybe it's the smoke that causes the problem? Check out this link for a smoke patch: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,71505.0.html . It reduces the lag that the current smoke causes...

JDeNef13

Actually it's the only mod that features rifles that crashes.I've got China Battlefield,Eagle and the Radiant Cross,and Age of Blackpowder installed and none of them crash.

A very nice mod,but because it crashes in every battle its totally unplayable for me as well,actually its the only gun mod that does it for me too:smile:

NikeBG-

Hajduks are defiantly associated with brigandage but among Balkan Christians they are more often thought of as freedom fighters ala Robbin Hood.  The two uprisings in Serbia were primarily lead and organized by Hajduks.  But the types of people who were called Hajduks varied greatly.

Thanks for the map corrections, when I make enough changes to the mod I will post a new version.

Captain Proof and Jano76-

The only thing I can think of in regards to your problem would be the particle system or sound, both of which were imported directly from Realm of Revolution.  So I don't know what to say.  Without a specific error or more information I cannot offer a solution.

Uzzui-

I plan to add a Montenegrin cap and a Serbian bell shaped shako for a future release, but my skill with meshes is very limited, so it might take a while.

Captain Proof said:
Are we the only two having troubles?

Nope.  I'm having it too.  Running under Vitsa32 with an 8800GT and Soundblaster cards.  Shame, because I love the idea of firearms in this game but I didn't like China Battlefield for several reasons.  I'll have to try this Eagle and the Radiant Cross, if it has guns too.

Thufir said:
NikeBG-

Hajduks are defiantly associated with brigandage but among Balkan Christians they are more often thought of as freedom fighters ala Robbin Hood.  The two uprisings in Serbia were primarily lead and organized by Hajduks.  But the types of people who were called Hajduks varied greatly.
I know well enough who the haiduks are. :wink: Here (the panel to the left) I've even uploaded a recent series of comic-books about 10 Bulgarian voevodas (leaders of a haiduk cheta), though I haven't translated them to English as the previous series about the medieval tsars (I didn't really like the quality of the haiduk series). Hmm, I guess you could still use them for an inspiration about the clothes though...
Btw, since I've started linking and suggesting (I hope I'm not getting too annoying), here's also a map of activity of the Bulgarian haiduks from a somewhat earlier time. Here's another one from the mod's time, but on Bulgarian (the green flags are different chetas). I guess those maps can be used for spawning points, if you decide to include them as "bandits". Though, come to think of it, I don't know if it's possible to make one group of "bandits" (i.e. the haiduks) be hostile specifically not only against a faction (the Ottomans), but also to other bandits (and especially to the kircalii and the bashibozuk). That might be a problem indeed, but how else are you thinking to implement them? Specific troop-tier for Indzhe, if it's possible?

The Haiduks could be made into a patrol unit for the Bulgarian's.But then they would only be hostile towards the Turks if the two factions where warring with each other.I'm sure that there's a way to do it though.

NikeBG-

Thanks for your info! Don't worry, you are not getting annoying. :wink:

I looked into editing bandit/faction relations before I released this and I am pretty sure it is possible to make "friendly bandits".  It is going to take me some time to figure it out though.  I would like to make it so Hajduks attack only the Truks and Bosnians and the Bashibazouks friendly with the Turks.

But functionally Captain Proof's idea of making them patrol units (with specific troops) seems like a better option. 

To everyone having issues with musket fire causing a crash to desktop-

From what is being described it seems like there might be a problem with the weapons triggers.  Could someone tell me if muskets AND pistols are causing a crash or just muskets? (the trigger used for the pistol is in native and shouldn't cause any problems)

Another option would be putting the mod into an actual installer.  Does anyone with experience solving Vista problems have an opinion on that?

Thanks,

-Thufir

I am using Vista, and pistols cause crash to desktop.  Haven't even gotten a musket yet.  It's AWESOME, though, really good mod!!!

I don't think the haiduks should be hostile to the Bosnians - they were fighting not Muslims in general, but the tyrany of the Ottomans (and, of course, the attacks of the bashibozuks and kircaliis against the Christian villages).

hey i made this montenegro hat 
mb1h.png
, i will upload mesh, texture anditemkind later

Hi, I couldn't find anyone else asking this, and its kind of a noob question, so sorry if its been answered already: Does the Horse Archery skill affect your firearms from horseback? Poked around, and can't find the answer anywhere I know where to look.

Back
Top Bottom