Messed up a settlement

Users who are viewing this thread

Kirsch27

Recruit
Hey, i conquered Bovium, and i recruited a new lord to my kingdom, and gave him the province, but i didn't wait until he came to my nation, and i fought a battle with the Pendragons, and now it's permanently neutral. can i fix it?
I've done the same thing before and nothing bad happened, like I conquered The White Fort and I gave it to Lord Euscarl, before i got the message that he switched from Neutral to Kingdom of Londinium, but i think this happened because i fought a battle before I got the message. Any way to fix it? My closest save is 100 days away from this -.-

Yeah, i messed up and forgot to save a whole night, was playing a non-stop run thru of baldur's gate II with no save+reload before i decided to play m&b so i kinda got out of the habit of saving that night. but i did try and wait for about 2 days or so of game time and it didnt fix. Is there some way i can actually mess with a save file to fix that? Even if i give it to another kingdom and i just take it back. But there has to be some way to mess with a save to change a lord's allegiance, it should just be a simple sort of tag attached to the entry for that lord, wouldn't you think? I have no clue how M&B saves look, haven't really tried, but i've never seen a game where it's impossible to change something by either cheats/debug mode or a simple/not so simple edit to the save file.

Man, I don't think that there is a fix for that. I've had it happen to me before, and I can't think of anything to fix it.

How unfortunate. Well, if that is the case, will the Neutral lord ever patrol outside his castle? I could make myself at war with "Neutral" by attacking him in the field, couldn't I? I know I can't siege his castle, but is it possible to attack a neutral lord? And even if so, would he bother to leave his castle since he is an independent lord with no enemies and only the one castle to defend?

if he's outside talk to him and say "I'M HERE TO DELIVER MY DEMANDS" (sorry i always imagine it shouted :razz:) and you should be able to attack him... not sure though

Kirsch27 said:
How unfortunate. Well, if that is the case, will the Neutral lord ever patrol outside his castle? I could make myself at war with "Neutral" by attacking him in the field, couldn't I? I know I can't siege his castle, but is it possible to attack a neutral lord? And even if so, would he bother to leave his castle since he is an independent lord with no enemies and only the one castle to defend?

No idea, I'm very sorry.

Back
Top Bottom