Ideas & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Hulagu Khan

Sergeant at Arms
This thread is for ideas and suggestions, all ideas are welcomed - all good ideas will be added to the list. All the ideas in this list will eventually be implimented in Mongol: Rise of Genghis Khan.

Ideas so far:

• Add new weapons and armor from year 1200 Mongolia
  • Add new weapons and armor from the year 1200 China
  • Add new textures for armor to fit the Mongol theme
  • Add new textures for armor to fit the Chinese theme
  • Add new textures for desert, grass, and steppe to fit the Mongol map
  • Replace regular Village buildings with Gers/Yurts
  • Replace Arena scene; Soldiers surrounding you and your enemy, cheering, etc, possibly fist-fighting to mimmic wrestling
  • Replace native music with Asian/Mongolian music
  • Redo Asian face configurements; distinguish Mongols from Chinese / Facial hair reduction
  • Add a new sound pack for in-game battles (if there's one we would like)
  • Add new horse textures / remove chainmail & add new lamellar textures
  • Advanced battle tactics / formations
  • Hunting mod
  • No health bar - as it was in the original mongol mod
  • More blood
  • New flags
  • Replace "old paper" in menu with chinese-themed bamboo strips; code links to be vertical rather than horizontal.
  • Completely "asianize" all hair/facial hair styles
  • Retexture white faces to look more asian; gives more variety
  • Flatten battlefields out more - less hills & cliffs, and a lot less trees to add historical accuracy.
  • Force to enter villages, cities, or castles when selecting them on the map; no menu
  • Replace "Tutorial" on main menu with "Historical battles" (if possible)
  • No more gambling automatic battle results; If you die, the battle continues until 1 side is victorious.
  • Completely modify all diolog.
  • Completely modify all (necessary) scenes.
  • Disable campanion rivalry.

more to come, just post......

Perhaps we should look into some advanced battle tactic options. Genghis was a master tactician after all and considering when controlling a Mongol army pretty much all the troops are going to be cavalry. Its going to make the normal Mount&Blade tactics of 'where to place the archers' and 'where to place the infantry' kind of obsolete.

would it be possible to  make the mounted archers respond on the "archer" command, that would open up some cool tactics.

Marcus Brutus said:
would it be possible to  make the mounted archers respond on the "archer" command, that would open up some cool tactics.

I second that.

Also, might I recommend hunting to be added? You know, like Yak, Saiga, etc. Just to spruce it up from the usual 'Boar' and 'Deer'.

Is it possible that a Khan carries a unique weapon..?? And he alone carries it...And if you want that weapon you should defeat him in battle or on a duel...

Hey Add The Sword of gengis Khan It It It Will Be Cool.Add His Armour From That Film "Mongol" Will Be Cool. :mrgreen:

Albar said:
Hey Add The Sword of gengis Khan It It It Will Be Cool.Add His Armour From That Film "Mongol" Will Be Cool. :mrgreen:

OH YAH AND AD THE USA CUS' THEY AR TEH MOST POWRFUL NATION EVAR!

But that aside, I am fairly certain you can add specific weapons and armor to NPCs. It would be a fairly low chance to get it if you wen't into battle against him, but it would be there. Also, forgive me if I am wrong, but I don't recall Genghis Khan's sword actually being anything special.

I didnt know he had a special sword to begin with  :roll:

But I will take note of assigning some interesting armor/weapons to individule characters.... maybe we could impliment "wife-stealing" with this idea..

Genghis-khan-sword.jpg

Ghengis Sword

Ahhmmm Nice ... How About Some More.

Tipu Sultan's Sword.
Tipu_Sultan_Collection_Sword.jpg

Random Knife
CS60ST.jpg

Hazrat Ali's Sword Also known As 4th Khalifa Of Islam.
Artiz%20Sword%20Imam%20Ali.JPG

In Cover Hazrat Ali's Sword Also known As 4th Khalifa Of Islam.
13FR01-189-lg.jpg

Random Schramater
JP-Scimitar-tiles.jpg

I Would Be More Greatful If You Add Them  :mrgreen:

Kongol Khan said:
not very many images of it though, but i guess a modeler could come up with something :grin:

mini-sword-genghis.jpg

Genghis_Khan_Biography_Sword.jpg

Its handy how Genghis's actual sword had his name on it. In English.

Yah I'm pretty sure it's just some sort of adaption from the movie.

Back
Top Bottom