SP Native Custom Mod -1.0 Download -Updated Dec. 25th 2009- New Poll -

What Next? (3 votes)

• More customizable troops

Votes: 37 51.4%
  • More OSP Items

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • Expanded Factions (seperate downloads for each)

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Expanded Factions (one download total)

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • Expanded Bandits

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • Manhunter Revamp

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Increase Bandit party size (along with incresing manhunter size)

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • All of the above

Votes: 28 38.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

kavien

Banned
This is a 'Mod' that isn't really a mod, per say.
this is a template, a skeleton for your own mod of M&B, just re-work whatever you like using the editors included
but, What I am trying to accomplish here is for inexperienced would-be modders to have some sort of basis for their mod.
it includes tactics, shield bashing and morale.
it also utilizes Cloaks OSP by Dain Ironfoot and the Dukes and Mercanaries items by Luigi.
so, new hopefuls are welcome to download and start creating custom mods for personnal or public use.

Just as a note:
there is two opinions on this; one is that it's not worth downloading, you should decide this for yourself, not take some other guy's opinion; the second is that it's very useful, again decide for yourself whether it is or not.

Download Link:
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=1&id=1405

Add-on #1
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1495

Custom Music
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1611

One of the greatest tools ever made for beginners
I never even thinked of making a mod before, now in a matter of days i made something which is turning into an total modification.

many thanks !

Alexandru
(AlexandrucelMare)

it's a template, I'll put up Notes on here how to do edit things and such. I'll also upload packets onto the repository for use.

I had a basic idea for something like this too. What I would do is include all the OSP items there are (as well as any free-3d model packs) and include the module system source code, a readme file on how to edit what, and even a troop (that I would've named "Ruthven") that will explain everything through dialogues so the player can ask questions and get proper answers. Wouldn't be hard, either. Just cover adding items, adding troops, and explain what everything else does.

amade said:
Ruthven said:
I had a basic idea for something like this too. What I would do is include all the OSP items there are (as well as any free-3d model packs) and include the module system source code, a readme file on how to edit what, and even a troop (that I would've named "Ruthven") that will explain everything through dialogues so the player can ask questions and get proper answers. Wouldn't be hard, either. Just cover adding items, adding troops, and explain what everything else does.

I don't think it should contain too many OPS items, I reckon it's best if the mod kit is kept light with some of the more used OPS items for folks to try their hand on and then provide a link to other useful OSPs.
I mean they should all be there in the Resource folder and in the module.ini (as well as all the textures) so that the new ones can add the items they want.

ok, thanks for the suggestions.
there's not that many OSP items, and I'll post a note on how to get rid of them.
I also included the Item and Troop Editors, along with the Tactics compilation that has hunting and battle actions.

go to the module file, then the custom mod file, there's a folder within the module folder that contains folders which in turn lead to the tools.

kavien said:
go to the module file, then the custom mod file, there's a folder within the module folder that contains folders which in turn lead to the tools.
:shock: omg, so many folders...

i dont really understand what this is :???:
a mod whith some open source things in it?

if you can already do this, please tell me how!, but what i would really like to see  is the ability to make new units, or/and heroes and place their parties on the map so that you can make mega bosses and stuff to test your might.... also something to change your guy too, so you could stand a chance against the bosses
Edit: also, equip em with some nice items, sorry again if you already can, please tell me how to prove it :grin:

Alexandros said:
if you can already do this, please tell me how!, but what i would really like to see  is the ability to make new units, or/and heroes and place their parties on the map so that you can make mega bosses and stuff to test your might.... also something to change your guy too, so you could stand a chance against the bosses
Edit: also, equip em with some nice items, sorry again if you already can, please tell me how to prove it :grin:
I think you are looking for the troop editor

How many attempts are you going to do before you get a clue Kavien?

Sure, anything to help new modders is great. But this won't really help.

(For those of you new to the forums, or just didn't see this coming, it's a long story)

I don't give a **** what people say.
**** y'all if you don't think I can do it.
I am inches away from releasing a Beta Blades of Valiance.
all you pricks can just cock off because you can't take a joke.
all of my friends thought the whole norse mythology proffesor thing was hilarious.

I have given up trying to convince people like you, and frankly I never cared. no matter what you say, what you do or how many times you flame me I will keep going. I never stop, I never quit when I am passionate about something. maybe you should have realized that by now.
    I don't know why, but you and your kind keep trying to bring me down. maybe it's because you can't take a joke, or are embarrassed because you did believe I was a professor of Norse Mythology?
but there always seems to be a group that wants to bring me down, to tear me down. everywhere I go people try to demolish what I do, and everytime they are proved wrong or are stopped because I never quit.
    There is only one thing I have given up on; trying to convince you people.
    So, if you want to continue wasting your time by flaming me, go ahead. but know this; nothing you do will stop me, even if I stop using the forums or never release anything else on the repository, I will continue to make them for myself.
    Some of your kind say that I bring an unpleasant air to the forums, but who wants to see constant flaming of people who just want questions answered or help with something or who just pushing in the right way to make mods?
    so, why don't you just give up?

kavien said:
Sheriff-murder said:
kavien said:
I never cared.

Yeah, i can see that.

I never cared about what you said.

Is this going to become a quote pyramid? :???:

P.S. I thought you said you were basically a professor of Norse mythology. Forgive my pointy ears, but to me that sounded more like an angry retort than you trying to pull one on us. :/

Back
Top Bottom