The Great Book of Heroic Deeds

Users who are viewing this thread

Helped some random British/Swadian Lord with another lord versus the Tsar and 2 other Russian/Rhodok lords.

We were outnumbered by about 50-100 men, but due to the absolute refusal of the AI to help me, my 61 Brunswickers and I were stuck 40 feet infront of the main British line and the Tsar threw everything at us. My companions dismounted and acted as line inf. I got bored after using up most of my pistol ammo so I rode up to a British lord and shot him in the head. I then got 3 horses shot under me. (I got my companions' horses and the horse of the unconscious British lord.)

We formed a makeshift square after taking loads of casualties (I didn't do anything: the troops just bunched together).  Then FINALLY the rest of the British army charged. The Russians lost most of their people, my allies around 10-20 dead, and I had around 35 killed and 21 wounded. We won but the Tsar and the rest of the Russian lords ran away.

Polcherrr said:
i took a city... with 6 recruits.... :roll: after i lost 129 men on Moscow.....they only have 14 men left so im like hurry go to a random village so i can attack!

you're not talking about Tirh are you? (cant remember what its called in this mod)  it is the easiest city to capture; in native, all the mods ive played, and especially in this one.

all you need is high archery and a good bow (native/most other mods) or a flintlock rifle and high firearms skill (Age of Blackpowder).  i usually join whoever is at war with the nords, or whatever the name of the faction that currently controls tihr.  i order all of my troops to hold position at the foot of the outer wall, out of the line of sight of enemy archers/riflemen, then i stand on the ladder that goes to the top of the outer wall, and with my head just showing enough to see the enemies on the inner wall, i take out my bow/rifle, and pick them off one by one, starting with riflemen/crossbowmen, then musketmen/archers, throwing infantry, and finally when anyone capable of hurting me from a distance is dead, i can go up the ladder, to the inner wall, and stand 10 feet away and shoot them in the head! 

when sniping, you also want to be aware, that the hand rail on the catwalk in the outer wall will stop most incoming enemy arrows/bolts/bullets, but it will also stop yours!  so be attentive to the position of the handrail to your own angle of fire.  also, make sure you have as much head armour as you can afford, since almost all of the damage you take will be to your head.  a helmet with high armour, and armour that also provides head armour are a good idea.  you should also exchange your melee weapon for extra ammo, since you wont be fighting hand to hand.

they are really good are they... I spent hours of showing them to all of my friends :grin:

and about the austrians. You should think like this.. 3 Austrians = 1-2 Normal Soldiers.
Cause they are not as tough but they are easier recuited.

Alright, Epic Heroic event... I had 63 British Militia and I actually ran towards an oncoming group of deserting Finish marksmen. There were only 24 of them. So we went in and fought. As usual I tell my men to charge in till in range and shoot. At this point I take my Horse and go to the Flanks of the enemy, dismount, and fire my Carbine off at their flanks from behind my horse. Alright so about 6 minutes go by, and I managed to kill three out of the 13 shots I shot. At this point I noticed two of the enemy started to face me and fire. Then three, then four, then my horse died so I ran behind a tree. It was at this point the entire army Started shooting at me, looking at my lines... Or at least where my line should be, I saw a collection of dead bodies instead of Smoke clouds from the Blackpowder like I expected...

I died... and what 9 Finish marksmen that were left definitely did something very heroic... I think... Up to this point I always thought the quality of musket didn't matter so long as there were more firing than the enemies... I was wrong...

Ebin said:
Alright, Epic Heroic event... I had 63 British Militia and I actually ran towards an oncoming group of deserting Finish marksmen. There were only 24 of them. So we went in and fought. As usual I tell my men to charge in till in range and shoot. At this point I take my Horse and go to the Flanks of the enemy, dismount, and fire my Carbine off at their flanks from behind my horse. Alright so about 6 minutes go by, and I managed to kill three out of the 13 shots I shot. At this point I noticed two of the enemy started to face me and fire. Then three, then four, then my horse died so I ran behind a tree. It was at this point the entire army Started shooting at me, looking at my lines... Or at least where my line should be, I saw a collection of dead bodies instead of Smoke clouds from the Blackpowder like I expected...

I died... and what 9 Finish marksmen that were left definitely did something very heroic... I think... Up to this point I always thought the quality of musket didn't matter so long as there were more firing than the enemies... I was wrong...

lol militia dont always deal out one shot kills, and the high firearms skill of finnish marksmen allow them to hit your troops from farther away, hit them and kill them with every shot, and to hit them faster by reloading quickly.

Yeah, but the Militia is all I could afford in mass. I thought if i just had a wall of potshots, it's work better than a few well placed hits... I guess a few really well placed hits beats a wall of potshots, the tactic aboved worked on the deserter armies of British regulars... Damn you finns!

Was just testing my mod earlier, and with a group of 50 Russian Opolenchies, and allied army vs 2 French armies, managed to kill most of them. The French Dragoons were melee cavalry and so got speared to death, but most of our casualties came from the Grenadiers. Then came the Cuirassiers, and they tore a gap through our "lines" until I dismounted one with a dropped pike then shot him in the head. They didn't have a lot, so taking down 1 is quite an achievement, especially as they're armed with possibly the best melee weapon that's usable from a horse that is couched and wear steel cuirasses. They're also good cavalrymen and swordsmen too. The DoW troops weren't much of a problem when our Russian Cuirassiers and Strelsy came along, but the lancers were rather pesky.

On my 83 day, im a mercenary captain for the british, i saw 600+ Russians Siegieng Haringoth Castle, i waited there to have the chance of a defence, i had 43 troops, and my ally lord had 130, we had a good chance..., king Harlaus appeared and faced them in open field, my ally lord went help im, i runn away in chance of gathering a running away russian party, i was catch by another lord with only 60 cossacks, i was slaughtered..., all my man died, and i was taken prisioner, luckly they were defeated by the french, and i managed to get away...

myself and 40 Swedish infantry (mostly militia, plus 5 Grenadiers and 7 Regulars) vs. 200 rebelling peasants.

i wont write a book about it, but suffice it to say, we killed almost all of them in hand to hand combat, and in the very last wave it was me and 3 surviving Swedish Regulars (almost everybody else survived too but they were incapacitated by this point) vs. 80 rebelling peasents, and we killed them all in a suicidal uphill bayonet charge. 4 of us.

I had an army of 73 regulars and about 5 officers facing against a french army of about 130 when battle commenced i ordered my troops to hold their fire and to hold a hill we took several casualties from random musket fire i waited until the french lancers were in effective range and i ordered my troops to open fire in 1 volley the enemy had about 15 casualtys when my men had fired 2 more volleys i ordered them to hold fire and advance 20 paces and fire another 3 volleys we took heavy casualtys while advancing but i still had enough men to break the french infantry with a bayonet charge BODY COUNT British 46 dead and 5 wounded French 117 dead and 13 wounded  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i had 50 swedish troops, mostly made of infantry. I fought with some farmers and i won!

Is that the most heroic thing ever or what?

knuckleguy said:
i had 50 swedish troops, mostly made of infantry. I fought with some farmers and i won!

Is that the most heroic thing ever or what?
You're kidding, right? :smile:

JDeNef13

Back
Top Bottom