Age of Blackpowder: 1716 (dead)

Users who are viewing this thread

SovietSoldier said:
Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
SovietSoldier said:
Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Ah, that would be interesting. A picture of a Pandur, was it?
Yep. ^_^

That Musket is from 1760 though, but Bjorne says this Mod is not historical. This mod is not historical, but this Expansion is sure as hell historical, so I don't know If I should make the Musket.

Oh do it, it's fine. Besides, if I remember correctly, my phrase is 'historical units'. No need for accuracy there. But anyways, history aside, lets just make this mod fun. I mean, we should try and avoid major historical inaccuracies, but little things like that? Should be fine.

I am also making up Austrian Names. Antifiriz can do the Turkish ones.

Well, try not to make them up. I mean, if you are running out of units to base off of, thats fine, but lets not let our imagination go too wild. So anachronistic weaponry? Okay. Minor transgressions on Lords? Fine with me. But in regards to troops, basic factions details, and the map, we should try to keep it fairly accurate.

Wow guys. You are really dedicated on this aren't. you. If you find anything you with to get help with from me just mension it.

Like on this picture SovietSoldier posted.
Austrian_pandur_from_1760.png

I can make the hat for you if you want or something simular.

hmm. i think ottoman king in 1716 is Sultan III.Ahmed.
More information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_III

SovietSoldier said:
To make that hat, all you really have to do is add stuff to the current Ushanka. You can do it if you want to. It won't be that hard, I guess.
Eehm. I tried. It was hard. But I guess that you should try. you have more experience than me

Bjorne, I need you to tell me by what day you want this to be done by.

Tiberius, research some battles in this war.

Antifiriz and Venitius, I need you two to research stuff about Ottoman Cavalry.

I will be making that Musket, and maybe some other things, after I find out stuff about Ottoman Cavalry from Venitius and Antifiriz.

dont forget officers.
File:Janicaru.jpg
left to right: janissary-janissary officer-janissary

we need lot of headcloths

edit they must equiped with rifles and sabres. they used axes in the siege of vienna too.

Antifiriz said:
dont forget officers.
File:Janicaru.jpg
left to right: janissary-janissary officer-janissary

we need lot of headcloths

edit they must equiped with rifles and sabres. they used axes in the siege of vienna too.

Good Info. So, we can use Axes from Native I guess.

I am also planning to make a Turkish Musket.

I think Bjorne was working on a Turkish Sabre.

Sovietsoldier @ well is the deal. Some of the stuff can I not release in a mod before others mods are done. So. If you are going to use the Cuirasser uniforms you will have to wait before the Wedding Dance mod is done. Aswell. I am going to ask. How do you plan this. who will code? Do you want me to do that or will you or someone else in your team do that?

Antifiriz @I know that this is mostly SovietSoldiers work. But since I am still the head-boss around here I am going to say: Archers?  you mean like with bows? Naah.. I donno. Were there really bowmen in the 1700s?

bjorne. said:
Sovietsoldier @ well is the deal. Some of the stuff can I not release in a mod before others mods are done. So. If you are going to use the Cuirasser uniforms you will have to wait before the Wedding Dance mod is done. Aswell. I am going to ask. How do you plan this. who will code? Do you want me to do that or will you or someone else in your team do that?

Antifiriz @I know that this is mostly SovietSoldiers work. But since I am still the head-boss around here I am going to say: Archers?  you mean like with bows? Naah.. I donno. Were there really bowmen in the 1700s?

I'll stick around to wait for someone to join this expansion, who can code.

And I disagree with the Idea of Bowmen as well.

but you could make it so that it takes almost 4 arrows to kill someone. Since you don't have shields anyway.

SovietSoldier said:
I can still try to mass 8 shots with a bow when an enemy is reloading his Musket.
That is very true. But we can aswell make them so that they actually don't shoot that far. So the muskets get time to fire of like 2 or 3 volleys before the archers are in range. And then it takes alot of shots to actually kill someone. And if I am not wrong. There were some melee infantry troops in the ottoman team where they had swords and bucklers of some kind. So they can protect themselves against arrows abit more. So still will the musket be alot more effective. I mean. The arrows will be almost a waste against cuirassers and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom