Custom Settlements 0.675 Bug Report Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

wickedshot

Sergeant Knight
Use this thread for all your 0.675 bug related posts.

Though for any errors specifically related to a particular settlements scenes, use the settlement scene issues thread:
Settlement Scenes Bug & Feedback Thread by Liquidninja

Possible Issues:
Some people seem to have an issue with some of the items added in the 1.20 OSP Add-on when used with the Graphical Enhancement mod.  The issue causes the game to crash when you talk to merchants or use the character screen.
If you have this problem, you need to either start a new install without Graphical Enhancement mod, or you can do the following and it may fix the problem:
-Download the Source Code (includes module system and text files) and use the updated text files (by copying them and pasting them over the main installs files).
That should make the offending item a non-issue.  I personally don't have this issue so am having a hard time pinning it down.  You should make sure you have a clean install when you do this, and you must start a new game afterwards.

Ok, I want to trade with a weaponsmith, and it crashes when I shall buy.
it is this version, and no error messages.

for me, it crashes when i click the character window.
and i never had crashes in custom settlements!  :cry:

edit: it also crashes when i encounter any party on the overland map

Rize, did you get my messages?  If the OSP 1.20 is the problem I may have a solution for those who have that problem.

It worked. If anyone has the same errors, just:

1. Download the source files from the main thread
2. delete Resources and Texture folders
3. download and install OSP Add-on v1.11
4. put the text files from "OSP Alternate Text Files" into the custom settlements folder and let them overwrite

I have Vista & I haven't had any problems yet (played for about an hour, raided, fought, recruited, bribed etc).

i have winxp and havent had any problems myself

the best guess so far is one of the items added in OSP 1.20, going to see about isolating which item(s) some people have problems with

My, weapon trader error, is fixed by downloading a it again and adding the new files in the original folder.
But, the weapons I sell at my own settlements is at custow as well.

Rize said:

4. put the text files from "OSP Alternate Text Files" into the custom settlements folder and let them overwrite

I get missing textures when I do this. Is the problem that this isn't backward compatible in the save?

I think I will revert to the original and play on and see if once the vendor refreshes I can see the inventory again. Or when my own weapons vendor comes in, maybe that one will work.

I love the mod so far. Aside from poking my nose into an EMPxxx camp, haven't seen any significant issues.

Ya, you'd prolly need to start a new game.

Best way to check right off is to go to Custow and check all the merchants there to see if it crashes.

wickedshot said:
Ya, you'd prolly need to start a new game.

Best way to check right off is to go to Custow and check all the merchants there to see if it crashes.

I created a new mod directory, put a fresh install of 0.675 in there, patched as directed (OSP 1.11 and text files from source rar) and started a new game. Went straight to Custow, hit weapons vendor and it crashed saying it couldn't find some mesh. (glaive was the first)

Trying one more time with a fresh download of the main file.

This time it the horse merchant and same result. "RGL Warning: unable to find mesh rampant_lion_red1" A whole bunch more follow. When done Xing them off, takes me to mechant display with mostly missing horses. The stock ones are there. Game goes on after that, apparently fine.
Running XP.

If I run stock 0.675 I just get a black screen followed by a crash.

Rydmer said:
My, weapon trader error, is fixed by downloading a it again and adding the new files in the original folder.
But, the weapons I sell at my own settlements is at custow as well.
In the current version there is only one trader of each type. The weapons trader in your settlement is the same as the one in Custow. This will change in the future.

vonsch said:
I created a new mod directory, put a fresh install of 0.675 in there, patched as directed (OSP 1.11 and text files from source rar) and started a new game. Went straight to Custow, hit weapons vendor and it crashed saying it couldn't find some mesh. (glaive was the first)

Trying one more time with a fresh download of the main file.

This time it the horse merchant and same result. "RGL Warning: unable to find mesh rampant_lion_red1" A whole bunch more follow. When done Xing them off, takes me to mechant display with mostly missing horses. The stock ones are there. Game goes on after that, apparently fine.
Running XP.

If I run stock 0.675 I just get a black screen followed by a crash.
I haven't started the mod myself yet so some general things you can check.
Does the modules.ini file include a line (last line) load_mod_resource = CustomSettlements
Does your Resource folder include the CustomSettlements.brf?
Does your Textures folder include a rampant_lion_red1.dds?
With a full install these should all be included but it's the only thing I can think of for now.

I haven't started the mod myself yet so some general things you can check.
Does the modules.ini file include a line (last line) load_mod_resource = CustomSettlements
Yep

Does your Resource folder include the CustomSettlements.brf?
Yep

Does your Textures folder include a rampant_lion_red1.dds?
Nope

With a full install these should all be included but it's the only thing I can think of for now.

So it looks like I have the wrong textures folder despite pulling it from the OSP 1.11 archive? I checked that in the archive and it doesn't have it either.

vonsch said:
So it looks like I have the wrong textures folder despite pulling it from the OSP 1.11 archive? I checked that in the archive and it doesn't have it either.
These files should be in the 0.675 download for the full mod.

Berpol said:
vonsch said:
These files should be in the 0.675 download for the full mod.

Yes, they are. But the instructions for fixing the bug say to delete that folder and let the install of OSP 1.11 replace them.

I'll give it a try with the 0.675 though. Just had the black merchant screen in my new 0.675 game again. Going to try to wait it out and see if an inventory refresh clears it.

Thanks for the help.  :wink:

Ok, new datum. When I let the 0.675 game run after the weaponsmith CTD (avoid the weaponsmith a week) the problem cleared up. This suggests to me that it's one (or more) bad items that are moved into inventory and then rotated out.

So game should be playable if you leave saves on, save before shopping, and restore and wait a while to try again if you CTD.

Still haven't found a combination of 0.675 and OSP 1.11 that I can make work right with the new items though.

Thanks a lot for this nice mod :smile:
But there is bug in the Custow weapon merchant, game is crashed after attempt to see store.
Messages after crash:
---------------------------
RGL WARNING
Unable to find mesh rrr_halberd1
OK 

RGL WARNING
Unable to find mesh rrr_halberd3
OK 

RGL WARNING
Unable to find mesh rrr_glaive2
OK 
RGL WARNING
Unable to find mesh rrr_halberd5
OK 
RGL WARNING
Unable to find mesh dueldagger
OK 

It happens after steps with Textures/Res magic from this advice:

Quote from: Rize on June 26, 2009, 05:48:14 pm

Without these steps game is simply crashed.

The same thing with armorer:

RGL WARNING
Unable to find mesh dmail_mitten_L
OK 
RGL WARNING
Unable to find mesh dmail_mitten_L