New Ranking System in place (Gone down a rank? Look here to find out why)

Users who are viewing this thread

It seems that the only people who really go to the discussion about the forum itself are basically only the off-topic folk, and since this question has been asked a few times already (even a thread made about it) I thought that it'd be best to post this here before more simpletons look at their rank, see that they downgraded (spammy bastards :razz:) and make topics about how the most shocking and unheard of event happened to them and them alone, and it's obviously some bug that singled them out.

So basically, seeing as there are some people who will spam for post counts in order to advance in rank, Janus (bless him) now changed it so that your rank is measured by time spent online. For more on that (time required for ranks etc), go here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,66657.msg1756300.html#msg1756300

The basis of this being that generally people who are online more are more likely to be knowledgeable about the game, as opposed to people who just post lots of nonsense. The idea is that now when you see somebody is a GMK you can probably trust what they're saying they'll hopefully try and help out and they'll know about the game enough to provide accurate results. I could make a list of what GMKs not to trust, but that's almost 50 people.  :razz:

So, in short:
Recruit (0)
pitchfork2_3d.gif

Regular (1 day)
mace2_3d.gif

Veteran (2 days)
mace3_3d.gif

Sergeant (3 days)
handaxe2_3d.gif

Sergeant at Arms (5 days)   
sword1_3d.gif

Squire (7 days)
sword3_3d.gif

Knight (10 days)
spear2_3d.gif

Knight at Arms (15 days)
spear3_3d.gif

Sergeant Knight (20 days)
poleaxe_3d.gif

Sergeant Knight at Arms (26 days)   
poleaxe2_3d.gif

Master Knight (33 days)
lance1_3d.gif

Grandmaster Knight (50 days)
lance2_3d.gif

That's why some people have downgraded in ranks, or in the case of some people from OT gone up a few.

I don't feel this thread was unnecessary, I know it would be the work of moments for somebody to search and come up with everything Ive just said, but most people don't search and a topic in the Town Square will be more effective at (hopefully) stopping even more topics from being made.

Oh well, if you think this is spam, at least you know I'm not doing it for postcounts.  :razz: (But yeah, delete if unnecessary)

Just a question. What if people leave themselves logged in all day? Is there an inactivity sensor that will turn off their online time counter?

VinDogg said:
Just a question. What if people leave themselves logged in all day? Is there an inactivity sensor that will turn off their online time counter?
15 minutes of inactivity.

Janus, when you say "inactivity", what does that imply?  No posts in 15 minutes?  Because that would be a tad ridiculous.

I think each time you click on a new thread page to view the time starts over again.  I think he meant 15 min of being completely inactive.

SPQR said:
I think each time you click on a new thread page to view the time starts over again.  I think he meant 15 min of being completely inactive.
Precisely. Inactivity refers no movement, no posting, no refreshing, nothing... in essence, no activity (thus "inactivity") on the forums.

Kudos for the timely thread ruthven.  Actually, i didn't notice until I read threads with people complaing.  My rank hasn't changed

Well! This saved me lots of time and keyboard durability.

I was thinking about suggesting this since there are a bit much spamming going around, but now I don't have to because its already been done!

So, great work Janus!

Janus said:
SPQR said:
Precisely. Inactivity refers no movement, no posting, no refreshing, nothing... in essence, no activity (thus "inactivity") on the forums.
Great.

Yeah we were just having this talk in the Hegemony sub-forum. I went up like 4 ranks, because I've been online for just more than 33 days. Its a good system, and now we know who's been here the most without having to check their profile. And the inactivity will help out with those who try might try to leave a browser up while they try to nap to increase forum time. All in all, I think the system will work out quite well.

killer-blead said:
Lord Burgess1 said:
Ruthven you yourself called people spammy bastards

yet you have gone from a gmk to a SKA

Whats a gmk and what is a SKA?

SKA sounds a bit nazi ish.

GMK = grandmaster knight
not sure about ska, but ruthven was a regular when this was implemented

I believe GMK is short for Grandmaster knight, and SKA for Sergeant knight at arms.

And I believe Lord Burgess1 is on deep water now. Just what the hell are you trying to achieve with these dumbnut posts?!

NordMann 2 said:
I believe GMK is short for Grandmaster knight, and SKA for Sergeant knight at arms.

And I believe Lord Burgess1 is on deep water now. Just what the hell are you trying to achieve with these dumbnut posts?!
I think he's trying to say that Ruthven talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk.

Back
Top Bottom