No Gun Smoke

Users who are viewing this thread

mark259

This mod is really nice, but his there a way to have no gun smoke because it makes my computer lag so much I cant really enjoy the fight has much

well it is basicly just that... buut right know is the medium and the low one they same for some reason.

but did it turn out better for you?

If it is some talking about gun smoke I think smoke should be whiter here and not so grey. And sound of rifles and pistols is really weak and i unrealistic too. You probably inspired by scenes from various films where is usually shooted with blank shells without bullets and for that reason shooting sounds so poorly and weakly.  :???:

I have a bunch of really cool sounds.. if you look in the sounds folder.. search for gun_shot or something like that. The only problem is that since my module_system is lost. I cannot edit the weapon triggers. Allthough. I make tweaks so the sounds will be played anyway. I'm quite good at the textfiles :grin:

Rad said:
If it is some talking about gun smoke I think smoke should be whiter here and not so grey. And sound of rifles and pistols is really weak and i unrealistic too. You probably inspired by scenes from various films where is usually shooted with blank shells without bullets and for that reason shooting sounds so poorly and weakly.  :???:

Hey don't you make bjorne touch those incredible sounds.  By far the best musketsounds I've heard in a game  - I got my own musket so I know how they sound -.  They could be louder sure, but the soundeffect is just amazing.

I would bet you never shooted with it with live bullets but only without them. Real sound with bullets sounds really differently,  louder and sharplier  :???:

well. I want to raise the sound volume aswell yes. So you will hear this small poofing sound when standing in a distance

Rad said:
I would bet you never shooted with it with live bullets but only without them. Real sound with bullets sounds really differently,  louder and sharplier  :???:

Actually I've been competing with it and that you can't do without "bullets". The IG sound is very good and detailed, you can even hear the lock in action.
What you describe that the musket should sound like is all there already, the volume of the sound itself is the problem. (What I mean is, since the volume of the fire sound is so low you can't make out the sharper bang - it is there though, just muffled due to the low volume - )

Is there a way to get rid of the smoke completely, like by modifying something in the files or I dont know. I really suck at those kind of things

mark259 said:
Is there a way to get rid of the smoke completely, like by modifying something in the files or I dont know. I really suck at those kind of things

well the smoke is from the particle_effect.txt file. But no I have not done any kind of No-Smoke file no.

HunterAlpha1 said:
ronin44 said:
I use this file,lag better.

http://www.easy-share.com/1906690203/particle_systems.txt

so what do i do with it? extract it to my modules folder?
copy to:
Mount & Blade\Modules\Age of Blackpowder - Realm of Reveloution 0.9.8.1

Back
Top Bottom