AoB: Suggestion Box

Users who are viewing this thread

I'd love to have the camera be able to follow my party members around after I die in combat, or even better, allow me to take control of one of them (like they did in the Star Wars Conquest mod). It's kind of annoying to get shot with a stray musketball and then have to look at your dead body and wait while your 30 grenadiers mop up 10 enemy recruits at a snail's pace.  :eek:

The party system needs a minor fix as well. After attaining a pretty high level, I've had a couple of party members leave (as far I as I'm aware, this was supposed to be disabled in AoB).

From an aesthetic realism standpoint, scabbards would be nice! Feels kind of weird to just have your sabre hang by your hip without a scabbard. Better quality textures for the uniforms would be nice too.

Amazing mod btw. I've been playing Europe 1805 incessantly for the past few days.

Quintillius said:
thejack980 said:
Well I must say that this mod is FANTASTIC. Anyway, I think that you could enlist in an army. Lets use Britain for example, so you once you enlist in someones army you start out as a British Volunteer and just keep ranking up in the army. But you can do this for any faction and this is only and option. There is a mod already like this for Warband called Freelancer, but if we could do the same thing in this mod it would be GREAT!

Ehm, enlisting in armies is already possible since the original Mount&Blade.
I believe Europe 1805 - War of the Third Coalition does have a ranking up system, but I am not sure
Actually, yes, it has, but you start as a sergeant, and when you have enough renown to join an army, you're already a lieutenant. What  thejack980 probably means, is that you can join the army (an officer's party) as a soldier, as an existing kind of regular troop (like, say, start as a Swedish Recruit, get promoted to a Regular, and so on), receiving that troops' equipment and fighting in battles that party fights in. That instead of being an officer with an own party.

And I too think that would be awesome. I like fighting as an infantryman in a battleline. :grin:

Captured Joe said:
Quintillius said:
thejack980 said:
Well I must say that this mod is FANTASTIC. Anyway, I think that you could enlist in an army. Lets use Britain for example, so you once you enlist in someones army you start out as a British Volunteer and just keep ranking up in the army. But you can do this for any faction and this is only and option. There is a mod already like this for Warband called Freelancer, but if we could do the same thing in this mod it would be GREAT!

Ehm, enlisting in armies is already possible since the original Mount&Blade.
I believe Europe 1805 - War of the Third Coalition does have a ranking up system, but I am not sure
Actually, yes, it has, but you start as a sergeant, and when you have enough renown to join an army, you're already a lieutenant. What  thejack980 probably means, is that you can join the army (an officer's party) as a soldier, as an existing kind of regular troop (like, say, start as a Swedish Recruit, get promoted to a Regular, and so on), receiving that troops' equipment and fighting in battles that party fights in. That instead of being an officer with an own party.

And I too think that would be awesome. I like fighting as an infantryman in a battleline. :grin:

Isn't there Freelancer mod in Warband?  I may be wrong.

blizzard_beast said:
I'd love to have the camera be able to follow my party members around after I die in combat, or even better, allow me to take control of one of them (like they did in the Star Wars Conquest mod). It's kind of annoying to get shot with a stray musketball and then have to look at your dead body and wait while your 30 grenadiers mop up 10 enemy recruits at a snail's pace.  :eek:

Taking control won't be available I think. As long this seems to be cheating =P. But I maybe implement the camera thingie. But I don't know or everyone likes this.

The party system needs a minor fix as well. After attaining a pretty high level, I've had a couple of party members leave (as far I as I'm aware, this was supposed to be disabled in AoB).

From an aesthetic realism standpoint, scabbards would be nice! Feels kind of weird to just have your sabre hang by your hip without a scabbard. Better quality textures for the uniforms would be nice too.
Hmm. I never liked leaving companions. So I'm sure I will take a look at this.
Oh scabbards!! Even an egg can implement scabbards, so that won't be difficult =p.

Amazing mod btw. I've been playing Europe 1805 incessantly for the past few days.

All thanks goes to the magnificent Berthout =)! The founder of the mod.

And I too think that would be awesome. I like fighting as an infantryman in a battleline.

Aah, now I do understand. Unfortunately joining parties isn't possible and wouldn't be nice as long you can't do your own thing. (on the world map atleast)

But becoming an lieutenant if one have a high renown is possible. By the way, I believe that some countries just got officers ranks for sale =p!

HunterAlpha1 said:
actually, back in those days if you had money you could buy commissions i think as high as the rank of colonel, so why not in this mod?

So buying merit value or renown? 

oliver255 said:
HunterAlpha1 said:
actually, back in those days if you had money you could buy commissions i think as high as the rank of colonel, so why not in this mod?

So buying merit value or renown?
however the ranking system works, haven't played this mod in awhile.  whatever it is, it would have to be expensive, and give a good reward, say, ability to buy more troops from the quartermaster?  cheaper troops and tavern mercs?  tactics, leadership, and trainer boosts?  and/or maybe a much higher chance of being rewarded a fief when you ask for one, and some troops being garrisoned in it when it's rewarded to you, with more and better troops the higher your rank.

Back
Top Bottom