Needs ships

Users who are viewing this thread

CountArtha

Knight at Arms
So you can cross from Ireland to Scotland, but not from Ireland to Cornwall.  Ridiculous!  This mod is simply incomplete without a naval feature.  Please do away with the land bridge between Scotland and Northern Ireland and put in ships so the player can cross anywhere.  It also opens up new strategic options like raiding along the coast and invading Ireland from the South.

I know it's a big change and I'll understand if you can't/won't do it, but it would be a real improvement and I think it's just what this mod needs.

I've not yet seen any current modification that allows ships. It's a hard process to actually allow it and with it more bugs would come such as making the AI travel in them, etc. Keep in mind that not everything is editable, a lot is hardcoded too. Furthermore I think Warband is coming up close and most modders hold their patches until it is out.

And finally a statement from the developer of this mod:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,60847.0.html

Ruthven's Viking series has ships, or did last time I tried one.

The way he does it, parrties just keep going across the water like it was land. However, when they enter water, their normal icons are replaced with ship icons.  When opposing ship parties meet, there's a naval battle.

The strange thing about this is that it affects ALL parties, such as herds of cattle.  Also, having the naval battle was giving him trouble, and last I heard he was doing away with moving ships and just going for ships already grappled and straight into the boarding fight.

Yeah I managed to find a few kits etc as well, still doesn't change what the author wrote though.

Back
Top Bottom