Settlements Scenes Bugs & Feedback Thread (0.675)

Users who are viewing this thread

Liquidninja

Knight
This thread is for the posting of new settlements; and the reporting of bugs that you've found. If an entry point should exist but doesn't, if torches float off the ground, etc. Then post about it here; I'll go into the scenes to double check for you, and if it's not there - I'll fix it for the next patch and list the errors below.

The Current Release Pack

Berpol has done a terrific job putting the settlements together! Go to this thread to check out his work!

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,68059.0.html

All of the changes in the pack can now be found in the new release, please access & download that here.

A Brief Explanation:

There is a new update to Custom Settlements coming up sometime; but between the last update and the next one, we've had a bundle of terrific and wonderful settlements which have been added to the mix. To make things easier before the new release, here's what's going on.

1) You (the scene editor) can continue indulging your creativity and making good scenes. When you are done, be sure to post a link to the download in this thread.
2) I will then download your files, and do a double check of things. I basically correct very minor details (if any), such as if something is floating off the ground, etc. You normally won't hear back from me, as the changes I make - if any - are so minor that they should in no way infringe upon your artistic license :wink: But if it's something important/lacking, you will hear from me via PM before I deal with it. Once done, I will then send these new files to Berpol.
3) Berpol is involved in the coding scene (which I know nothing about), and in the end, he (and/or) wickedshot will come up with a cohesive bundled scenes pack for the next release. Or something like this will happen.
4) Everyone will have more fun. The end.

What you can do
Follow step 1. Make your settlement. Upload it. Post the link here.

Settlements

Status
Phase 1: Downloaded
Phase 2: Checking for Details
Phase 3: Checking Complete

Hawkrize, Tallglade, Squarodin and Cylopus from Rize
Nottburg, Morlia and Steinburg from Warcat92
Luolan from HongYan
Shiverglen from GlenSkunk
Ashfurt from Berpol
Comhraidhe from NCX

Reported Errors

Squarodin: e1m2 and e2m2 are missing a passage to the castle (passage 3); also check pathing on horseback.

That's all,
Cheers!

http://fileupper.com/Q390ON1X6GWZ/Nottburg.zip.html -Nottburg

http://fileupper.com/T5KCBXFDQWOR/Morlia.zipx.html -Morlia

FINISHED settlement Steinburg- http://rapidshare.com/files/247696943/Steinburg.zip.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/243424511/NCX_custom_scene_Comhraidhe.rar.html -Comhraidhe

Liquidninja said:
A Brief Explanation:
1) You (the scene editor) can continue indulging your creativity and making good scenes. When you are done, be sure to post a link to the download in this thread.
2) I will then download your files, and do a double check of things. I basically correct very minor details (if any), such as if something is floating off the ground, etc. You normally won't hear back from me, as the changes I make - if any - are so minor that they should in no way infringe upon your artistic license :wink: But if it's something important/lacking, you will hear from me via PM before I deal with it. Once done, I will then send these new files to Berpol.
3) Berpol is involved in the coding scene (which I know nothing about), and in the end, he (and/or) wickedshot will come up with a cohesive bundled scenes pack for the next release. Or something like this will happen.
4) Everyone will have more fun. The end.

thanks for doing that  :grin:

This may be the wrong place to ask, but since this is for settlement feedback, do I need to go back and put a wall around the town. I started thinking about siege battles and for some reason town defense sort of slipped my mind (I think I envisioned the castle under siege). It would be easy to do, so I should probably just go ahead and do that. Should all versions of town get a wall or just e2m2 or maybe e2m1 gets some fortification and improve it more for e2m2?

I should probably try to improve AI mesh too, not sure what to do about the river with AI mesh. Once wall is built no reason for AI to walk in river, but in earlier stages pre-bridge and what will be pre-wall, the choke point of the bridge would make it sort of silly to not walk through 3 feet of water to fight. But AI will ignore bridge if I don't force them. Not sure best way to handle that.

I added walls to e2m1 and fortified walls to e2m2 as well as AI mesh to all levels please disregard my previous submission

here is the new version

http://rapidshare.com/files/244252919/NCX_custom_scene_Comhraidhe_V2.rar.html

Hey its me again,

In Squarodin like 2-3 villagers or guards just spin around really quickly in circles forever and don't go anywhere, just thought you might want to know,

nickdean16

I did a short check on Squarodin:
e1m2 and e2m2 are missing a passage to the castle (passage 3).
At least in one place in the crater my mounted heroes couldn't follow, they got stuck at a raising in the ground (it's near the castle).

Berpol said:
I did a short check on Squarodin:
e1m2 and e2m2 are missing a passage to the castle (passage 3).
At least in one place in the crater my mounted heroes couldn't follow, they got stuck at a raising in the ground (it's near the castle).

Thanks for the error report; I've added that to the list of reported and errors and changed that in the scenes. That'll be fixed along with the other changes when I (finally) get the updated scenes to you...which has been a long time in coming so far, heh.

I already added the passages to Squarodin's castle in the current city add-on but these were the only changes.
I noticed a slight error in my own Whitecreek - there is a passage to the prison in the e0m2.

Griskard said:
Empto has the same scenes as tallglade -_-
I did a quick check, they both have identical scene files but the terrain code is different. The differences in the terrain code may not be noticeable because of the elevated location of Tallglade.
That's nice for those who play (one empty settlement less) and whoever wants to add his settlement scenes to Empto - just burn it down and create what you want. :grin:

Griskard said:
I thought Empto had a scene though? Oh well :p
Empto has scene files but they should be rather empty ones with only the entry points and possibly a small camp.

When i ask a guard to summon reinforcements, the men appear and follow me around... if a bandit comes i tell the reinforcements to remove any unwanted guests.. but they ignore the bandit and continue to follow me...  it seems all the reinforcements do is follow.

Mishkin said:
When i ask a guard to summon reinforcements, the men appear and follow me around... if a bandit comes i tell the reinforcements to remove any unwanted guests.. but they ignore the bandit and continue to follow me...  it seems all the reinforcements do is follow.
No, they follow your commands (like your two heroes) and when you enter a settlement the command is "Follow".
Just tell them to charge and the bandits have a problem.

Greenlandsby

ON economic lvl 1 Military lvl1

You cant enter the manor, instead you get a door back outside wich spwans you in the middle of your settelement instead of inside the manor

In the campaign map i got 2 partys of 2 men each in my sttlement called indoor scene, these troops have been taken from my garrison and are inside the manor, i think this is related to the bug above ^

Minor issues:

And theres a minor pathfinding for a few villagers that get "stranded" on the buildings and keep on walking towards the houses outside (the one outside closest to the gate) and only move out of it after a while

In Sturnhill I have all upgrades, and visitors get stuck on the wall outside, and I have to push them inside.

And most or all attackers also get stuck on the wall outside.

Most defenders get stuck on the inner side of the wall.

Back
Top Bottom