Native OSP Sounds Ambient Soundtrack [v. 1.1 released 11-16-2010]

Users who are viewing this thread

Download
                                                                                            Mirror

A soundtrack with ambient sounds of nature and some human activity (no music). Something there is very little/none of in native.
Meant to create a medieval atmosphere.

Very few soundeffects. If you fight long enough at the arena you might hear people shouting at you - courtesy of Rejenorst  :smile:
And staying at the tavern for more than 30 sec. you'll hear some chattering. other than that: birds, wind, animals...

Anyway, hard to describe in words. I hope some will like it.

(If you know the ambient anti-soundtrack, you'll notice many similar sounds, but there are also some new samples in this)

How to install in M&B 1.01x:
There are two ways:

1. Replace the existing soundtrack: by placing the music folder in the mount&blade directory, and click yes to overwriting.
  IMPORTANT: Make a backup of the original music folder if you wish to keep it.

2. To install the soundtrack in one particular mod, then do as follows:

- open the 'module.ini' file in the mod you wish to install Ambient Soundtrack into.
- find the line that says: 

scan_module_sounds = 0

Replace the 0 with a 1 - like so:

scan_module_sounds = 1

Remember to save.

- Place the music.txt in the mod and say yes to overwriting.

- Finally place the music files in the 'music' folder in the mod. Play the mod and listen.

How to install in Warband: (by kenoxite)
Follow the steps below after you've installed it following the instructions in the readme.txt file.
This miniguide also assumes that you install this in a mod folder, not the root.

1. Copy the "wedding.ogg" file from the "music" folder (the one located in the root directory of Warband) to the mod's "music" one
2. Open the music.txt file of the mod and add this line at the end:
Code:
wedding.ogg 256 256
3. In the same txt file change the number at the beginning from 63 to 64.

That should do it. I merged it successfully with a Diplomacy+Polished Landscapes installation this way.

If you plan to install it on the root folder just skip step 1.

There is also an improved version for Warband that I suggest using rather than this one:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,145744.msg3508002.html#msg3508002

Technical info:
Composed, produced and recorded with Cubase, using:
royalty free samples/soundeffects by:
www.soundsnap.com,
a sample by TheWitcher
and a few personal recordings.

Recorded in ogg. vorbis format 32 bit 44.100 khz. Stereo.

Sound quality of samples varies...

Credits:
TheWitcher (not the game) for ideas and some sound effects.
MrRoy for technical assistance on installation.
Rejenorst Media for vocals in taverns and arena tracks.
Kenoxite for installation instructions on Warband

Nice, some more variation in the sound of MB is never wrong! Downloading now!
A dam, repository server are down...

More of a downgraded anti-soundtrack  :smile:
Just kidding: imagine the anti-soundtrack without the music.

Some complained about the music being bad.
So what you have is sounds of nature. A few new samples have been added but no big changes.

I love this it's great. Killing raiders listening to the wind whistling through the trees and the beating of my own heart.

Good job Adorno, it's replaced my original music folder completely

No. There are only sounds of nature and a few vocals of people talking at the tavern and the arena.
There's no specific track for when a village is raided; only 'battles'.
Actually I miss some more triggers for different scenarios. Why not pompous music for large battles and wild, savage music for smaller battles, for instance...

This is meant for those who think music becomes annoying, and all the silence is strange.

Thanks  :smile:

Playing the Warband beta I noticed the title screen music keeps playing a lot. And it's not meant for battle.

So if anyone wants to use this is in the Warband Beta I suggest the following:

Copy a 'fight_x' track, rename it 'mount_and_blade_title_screen', and overwrite the existing one.
I recommend either 'fight_as_nord' - or 'fight_as_rhodok', but it's up to you of course.

Same goes if you use the Ambient anti-soundtrack. The tracks are just slightly different.

See you on the battlefield  :smile:

Hey all im having trouble with downloading big files atm, i downloaded the music ages ago but overwrit the music.txt by accident, does anyone think they could send me it or at least copy and paste everything in it for me please? i really want to hear it again, overwrit by accident with module system :sad:

So it's just the music.txt file?

Here it is:
http://www.4shared.com/file/215658377/6cef5e10/Ambient_Soundtrack_music.html
(extract and place in the mod folder or m&b directory, depending on where you have the soundtrack).

Adorno said:
So it's just the music.txt file?

Here it is:
http://www.4shared.com/file/215658377/6cef5e10/Ambient_Soundtrack_music.html
(extract and place in the mod folder or m&b directory, depending on where you have the soundtrack).

Ah thank you so much! :smile: made my day now  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Adorno said:

A soundtrack with ambient sounds of nature and some human activity (no music). Something there is very little/none of in native.
Meant to create a medieval atmosphere.

Immersive, atmospheric, phenomenal.
Love your mod!
Simply a must-have for me.

Using it for months, I just realized I never commented and/or gave my thanks...  :oops:

Thank you VERY much, Adorno!  :grin:

cheers!

I just love this Adorno! It is truly a piece of art. :grin:
I've just DLed it yestarday and am playing it with my more 'modded' version of M&B. Works like a sweet cupcake with Polished Landscapes.
Cheerio!

This is especially lovely with the forests in Polished Landscapes, as they look more alive than in Vanilla game. All the bird sounds and such make them soooo wicked. :smile:
Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom