Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping this isn't a difficult question, but when I use the shore smoothing button in Thorgrim's Map Editor with the native warband map the editor freezes and simply closes the window. Does anyone know how to fix this?

NoChar said:
I'm hoping this isn't a difficult question, but when I use the shore smoothing button in Thorgrim's Map Editor with the native warband map the editor freezes and simply closes the window. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Shore smoothing in Thorgrims was only designed to work with the original triangular mesh. It’s programmed to smooth triangles to disguise the underlying mesh. If you start with anything else, such as the heavily modified Native map it can and does crash. Its a free function to help, not a magic wand.

Shore smoothing in Thorgrims was only designed to work with the original triangular mesh. It’s programmed to smooth triangles to disguise the underlying mesh. If you start with anything else, such as the heavily modified Native map it can and does crash. Its a free function to help, not a magic wand.
Darn, I wish it could be easier. Thanks for the information though.

Runer88 said:
I want to ask if it is possible to make a mesh in openBRF to use multiple textures/materials? :?:
Yes, it is possible if the mesh has multiple submeshes. Each submesh can then have it's own material/texture. Look up the scenepropss brf files to see examples, some of them are arranged like that. You can notive them since they have a structure in the name system like this:
meshname
meshname.1 (first submesh)
meshname.2 (second submesh)
etc.

I ran into problem that i can`t install modmerger. Yes, i put in modsys folder all needed files, changed settings from 1143 version to my current and ran installer file through the python and then ran by bat file but it doesn`t install. I checked my module_files and there aren`t specific modmerger codes at the very end of each file. I couldn`t see what was written in modmerger_installer after installation because it instantly disappers but perhaps there were such words as traceback, named few module files. Any ideas?

Everyone, please note that a new section has been created to accommodate the need for Q&A. Please use that in the future. This thread is filled with incredibly vast knowledge and will stay pinned here in the forge. Thank you to everyone that went out of their way over the years to help fellow modders. I invite you all to continue participating, ask and answer questions in the following section:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom