Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kalarhan said:
GitiUsir said:
Operation agent_set_is_alarmed doesn't work, and operation agent_ai_set_aggressiveness neither.

shows us your test code, logs and test results. Doesn't work could mean a lot of things without further info.

Code:
("turn_team_neutral", [
(team_set_relation, "$player_team", "$spawn_team", 0),
(try_for_agents, ":agent"),
    (agent_get_team, ":team", ":agent"),
    (eq, ":team", "$spawn_team"),
    (agent_set_is_alarmed, ":agent", 0),
    (agent_force_rethink, ":agent"),
(try_end),
(display_message, "@player_team and spawn_team are now neutrals"),
        ]),

# 1 script to spawn agent, 2 scripts to change team relations to enemies or neutrals
# The agent spawns not alarmed and weapon sheathed after spawning with spawn_agent
# After setting spawn team and player team to enemies with team_set_relation to -1  the agent is alarmed, he draws the weapon and charges
# After setting both teams to neutral again, with agent_force_rethink the agent stops charging but weapon is still drawn and animation is combat animation
# After setting teams to enemies again, the agent charges even if player is not in his line of sight, so I think he is still alarmed when changing team relations
# Using agent_set_is_alarmed with value 0, negative or positive doesn't change anything. I can't see any difference so I think it doesn't work.

does anyone know if it is possible to change an alarmed agent to not alarmed  and how to do it?

HelrothHyrmir said:
And another question! How to change the personality of a certain Lord?

slots are roughly listed/defined on module_constants.py

Code:
slot_lord_reputation_type
Code:
lord reputation type, for commentaries
#"Martial" will be twice as common as the other types
lrep_none           = 0 
lrep_martial        = 1 #chivalrous but not terribly empathetic or introspective, - eg Richard Lionheart, your average 14th century French baron
lrep_quarrelsome    = 2 #spiteful, cynical, a bit paranoid, possibly hotheaded - eg Robert Graves' Tiberius, some of Charles VI's uncles
lrep_selfrighteous  = 3 #coldblooded, moralizing, often cruel - eg William the Conqueror, Timur, Octavian, Aurangzeb (although he is arguably upstanding instead, particularly after his accession)
... and so on

How to change the age of a lord, and modify his family and people he is related to?

I'm sorry for constantly asking the similliar questions, I simply did not find a useful source or tutorial on the internet that could help me out with this.

HelrothHyrmir said:
How to change the age of a lord, and modify his family and people he is related to?

I'm sorry for constantly asking the similliar questions, I simply did not find a useful source or tutorial on the internet that could help me out with this.

search the two basic places: module_constants.py (troop slots section) and header_operations.py (again on troops section). Find the slots and operations relevant to what you want to change. Then use search on the modsys and see where they are used. That will lead you to where you need to change stuff.

use SublimeText or Notepad++ (with explorer plugin) or a similar text editor that can search on all files inside a folder

agent_set_is_alarmed does work. The problem is the agent's target is not cleared sometimes,and as soon as the agent is set to enemy he runs toward the target.
When he sees the target he is alarmed again. So it seems he is always alarmed. But I know how to do it now.

I still don't know what does aggresiveness do because no matter what value 0-100 the agent attacks the same. Aggressiveness 0 should be completly passive but nope.

Yet another question! How to add descriptions to certain weapons? An example would be the Flamebringer from Perisno, which has a description below the stats.

[Bcw]Btm_Earendil said:
HelrothHyrmir said:
Yet another question! How to add descriptions to certain weapons? An example would be the Flamebringer from Perisno, which has a description below the stats.
Here you go: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=309065.0

I appreciate it!

Hey people. Does any of you know how I can set a Lord Title for a created faction/culture, through module system?
Its not a problem, as I can give the Lords their titles in troops.py, together with their names. But once a lord switches factions, through defecting or treason he gets another random title assigned.
And not the one he should get which is used in the faction he just joins.

Avareee said:
Hey people. Does any of you know how I can set a Lord Title for a created faction/culture, through module system?
Its not a problem, as I can give the Lords their titles in troops.py, together with their names. But once a lord switches factions, through defecting or treason he gets another random title assigned.
Have a look here
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,343357.msg8208171.html#msg8208171

kalarhan said:
Avareee said:

also check the OSP section and you will find a few extended code ready to use / study, like this one https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,129691.0.html and https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,323422.0.html, for more complex title management
[Bcw]Btm_Earendil said:
Avareee said:
Have a look here
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,343357.msg8208171.html#msg8208171

Oh, thanks :p

EDIT: Today I had this error, anyone knows what can I do against it? It happened when a lord left the faction and took the fiefs with him. But in reality he just left the faction with no fiefs. (says the notes, "no fiefs")
https://imgur.com/SBr3RXH

Hey guys, just a quick textures question

I am currently trying to create a new face texture for a hero (rather than editing a pre-made one). I am at the point in which the game acknowledges the new texture, but it leaves it as blank white. I have made sure that my image isn't transparent or anything on the graphical side, but I think I may be messing up in OpenBRF.  If I knew how to attach images I would show some screenshots lol. Any idea of what the problem could be?

Thanks!

AshlegFoulke said:
Hey guys, just a quick textures question

I am currently trying to create a new face texture for a hero (rather than editing a pre-made one). I am at the point in which the game acknowledges the new texture, but it leaves it as blank white. I have made sure that my image isn't transparent or anything on the graphical side, but I think I may be messing up in OpenBRF.  If I knew how to attach images I would show some screenshots lol. Any idea of what the problem could be?

Thanks!
Make sure you have in openbrf a material and texture entry for your new face. Look up the other face-material entries for the flags etc.

Avareee said:
EDIT: Today I had this error, anyone knows what can I do against it? It happened when a lord left the faction and took the fiefs with him. But in reality he just left the faction with no fiefs. (says the notes, "no fiefs")
https://imgur.com/SBr3RXH

track the error point (as the error log shows it). Remember the "no fiefs" is just a text that is updated often, so dont trust that text. Check if the lord has or not any fiefs. If the update notes worked or not. And why that part of get notes is blowing up.

Code:
script_update_faction_notes = 400
script_update_faction_political_notes = 401
script_update_faction_traveler_notes = 402
script_update_troop_notes = 403
script_update_troop_location_notes = 404
script_update_troop_location_notes_prisoned = 405
script_update_troop_political_notes = 406
script_update_center_notes = 407
script_update_center_recon_notes = 408
script_update_all_notes = 409

[/quote]
Make sure you have in openbrf a material and texture entry for your new face. Look up the other face-material entries for the flags etc.
[/quote]

I have both a material and texture, and it is actually showing the texture rather than the checkered pattern. I also added the new face into module_skin and copied the hex values off of a similar face texture. It still loads a blank white texture in game though...

Update! I just found out about the module configuration folder! I changed the load_resource to load_mod_resource in there, and now it works!

I’ve just started nodding, and I’m looking for a cheat sheet or osp or something to make my life of testing my changes easier. 

For example, I’m testing texture changes to horses and I’m using the Saddle Horse because that is the horse I have in my inventory.  Otherwise I’d have to go track down a Saddle Horse or whatever somewhere and I’d like to just make it appear for me without updating my character in save... like a text command or something.

bobross419 said:
I’ve just started nodding, and I’m looking for a cheat sheet or osp or something to make my life of testing my changes easier. 

For example, I’m testing texture changes to horses and I’m using the Saddle Horse because that is the horse I have in my inventory.  Otherwise I’d have to go track down a Saddle Horse or whatever somewhere and I’d like to just make it appear for me without updating my character in save... like a text command or something.
Changes in textures or the brf files always require to restart the game if that is what you are asking for. Otherwise you can just make your own new module (in case you haven't already) and load the new texture sheets from there, naming them exactly the same as in Native.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom