Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Madijeis said:
erennuman_mb said:
Madijeis said:
I want to import some items created by the community (the plated chargers), but how can I put them in my mod? Using the Module System?
Yeah, you add it via module_items.py
And the textures?
Put textures in the mod's textures folder, and put the mesh(.brf file) in the mod's Resource folder. Open module.ini and write load_mod_resource = bla_bla  (bla_bla is .brf file's name). Then open module_items.py and add your item, you can find tutorials about it.

erennuman_mb said:
Madijeis said:
erennuman_mb said:
Madijeis said:
I want to import some items created by the community (the plated chargers), but how can I put them in my mod? Using the Module System?
Yeah, you add it via module_items.py
And the textures?
Put textures in the mod's textures folder, and put the mesh(.brf file) in the mod's Resource folder. Open module.ini and write load_mod_resource = bla_bla  (bla_bla is .brf file's name). Then open module_items.py and add your item, you can find tutorials about it.
Thanks mate

Nope, they're just part of the softcoded module system and are deleted at the end of a script. A quick search through my own module system brings up two instances of (eq, ":player_can_draw_from_garrison", 1), both of which are the final conditions of a menu that allows the player to draw from a garrison.

I was adding the german/teutonic items from floris to module_items , but when I try to run the compiler it says "syntax error on line 1429" but there are only 1428 LINES!
I'm using Lav's Mod/sys

Caba`drin said:
MitchellD said:
Is there some way to determine the order in which agents will spawn in a scene?

What kind of scene? To accomplish what?

In battles. What I'm trying to do is change the appearance of the troops in the player party, which I've found I can do by changing the face keys of each troop type before the agents are spawned, but I want it to ONLY apply to the player's troops and not the enemy's if they have a stack of the same troop type, so I need to keep changing the face keys back to normal before the enemy spawns any and to the custom one when the player party spawns some. The on agent spawn trigger doesn't really work because the change needs to happen BEFORE each agent spawns so it's too late by then. I need to somehow know ahead of time which agent is going to be spawned next to set the appropriate face keys.

MadVader said:
And why do you need to do that? It might be a design problem.

Well basically, I'm making a mod that gives the regular troops some individuality. Each individual troop in the player party has a name and stats that are tracked across battles, but they aren't companions; they still belong to troop stacks of multiple non-hero troops. Maybe it's a dumb idea but I like it. I'm at the point of trying to keep their appearance persistent so e.g. Swadian Recruit Thomas doesn't look different in 2 different battles.

Say Thomas is the first Swadian Recruit in the party followed by Frank, I can change the Swadian Recruit face keys to those belonging to Thomas until he spawns, then change it to Frank's; but then if the enemy spawns Swadian Recruits in between they'll all be Thomas clones. Trying to find a way to avoid that. Hope what I'm saying makes sense.

Sure it makes sense.
The obvious way to implement it is to make them all heroes, the only drawback is the long and unmanageable party roster.
The hard way is what you are doing, keeping extra data on regular troops both outside and in battles, as if they were not generic, and getting around the system in many places (perhaps too many to be worth the trouble).
Maybe you could compromise the initial idea a bit to make this easier for you.

I've completed a lot of the implementation already and am pretty happy with it, it's just appearances that are being particularly difficult and it's honestly a very minor aspect. Most troops will have helmets and I don't think the player will be paying much attention to agent faces in battle, so I'd say it'd be more worthwhile to just compromise on this one thing if I can't achieve it and hope the player never notices enough to break immersion. Keeping their equipment loadout consistent will be far easier and probably a lot more noticeable. Thanks for the responses.

Lumos said:
Partially drunk and in two in the morning, but I'm pretty sure you can do something with ti_on_agent_spawn and agent/troop DNAs, if you've already got the "personality tracking database" implemented.

If I could set the agent DNA it'd be fantastic, I asked about that earlier in the thread. If it is possible, I have no idea how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom