Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean the mesh name doesnt have to be "sea_outer_terrain_1" ? If so I found "outer_terrain_beach" which looks like sea_outer_terrain. Perrhaps İt may be the mesh i looking for but if it is, how the python knows "sea_outer_terrain_1" will call outer_terrain_beach mesh?

Edit: I've done what i want using "outer_terrain_beach" but it is different from "sea_outer_terrain_1"

litdum said:
I am trying to find sea_outer_terrain_1's mesh in CommonRes folder but i couldnt. Is there anyone who knows which brf file it is in?
One CTRL+F search and found it. valleyProps.brf in CommonRes folder.

I have a question regarding the multiplayer banners, I simply want to replace specific banners on banners_a.dds and banners_b.dds but retexturing is not my specialty. I have paint.net. Can someone please explain to me how to edit a DDS file to effortlessly replace a banner and apply that to replace multiple banners on one given banners.dds file? Thank you anyone in advance.

EDIT: I found a good video to get the basic gist of replacing banners. Still, any advice is appreciated.

How to change this menu to make it appear only in capitals?

Code:
  ("town_bank",
    [
      (party_slot_eq, "$current_town", slot_party_type, spt_town),
    ], "Visit the landlords and moneylenders.",
    [	
       (assign, reg10, 0),
       (start_presentation, "prsnt_bank"),
    ]),

By checking whether the town is a capital, as well as being a town... Obviously.
I don't remember if there was a specific slot set to account for that; if there isn't, checking whether the owner of $current_town is the faction leader should (could?) be good enough.

Precisely what I was thinking about when I said I don't remember. After a little digging in the ModSys, I don't believe a "hard" built-in capital check exists. However, adding a "slot_faction_capital" constant and doing a little maintenance on it as necessary is trivial.

Lumos said:
By checking whether the town is a capital, as well as being a town... Obviously.
I don't remember if there was a specific slot set to account for that; if there isn't, checking whether the owner of $current_town is the faction leader should (could?) be good enough.

Yeah, I know. But there isn't a slot for capital so that's why I asked. I'll try that.

usnavy30 said:
litdum said:
I am trying to find sea_outer_terrain_1's mesh in CommonRes folder but i couldnt. Is there anyone who knows which brf file it is in?
One CTRL+F search and found it. valleyProps.brf in CommonRes folder.
Thank you very much

I have another question. It is about modelling. I saw in brf files that 1024x1024 armor texture's mipmap numbers are usualy 11 but It is 10 for the textures I made. Actually it is not big problem. They look fine in the game, just look bad in OpenBrf but I wonder why my textures mipmap numbers are always 10 and How can I make the mipmap numbers 11 for the textures I made as well. I am using GIMP, paint.net and DXTbmp. 

Hello, I want to ask question, tried looking at all the relevant code but it is doing my head in.
SO scene_props has a whole bunch of banners that in my opinion clogging up the file, (I'd like to use those slots for consistency across mods for an add on.)

Why aren't there 5 Banners of varying types that are heraldic?

You place the scene prop, it triggers a check see who owns the location and changes to that tableau?
Variation_1 could set the tableau of choosing for multiplayer and arenas
Variation_2 with some coding could set animated waving.

This would save 143 scene prop slots!

The only problem Tableau setup seems overly complicated and I can't seem to work it out!

Code so far.
("custom_banner_02",0,"custom_banner_02","0",
  [
    (ti_on_init_scene_prop,
      [
(store_trigger_param_1, ":scene_prop_id"),
(prop_instance_get_variation_id, ":var_1", ":scene_prop_id"),
(gt,":var_1",0),
(cur_scene_prop_set_tableau_material, "tableau_custom_banner_default", ":var_1"),
        ]),
    ]),

Shouldn't this assign banner X (what the player chose for Var_1) onto the scene prop?

You could, but tableaus are computationally expensive and all it does is project another mesh on top with a loss in fidelity. Also the tableau you're using isn't designed for that, you need to get the mesh offset and then add the mesh from within the tableau code, making sure the resolution and relative positioning is correct.

I'm managing to use modmerger in these days and after some tries I'm attempting to merge some little mods to learn..

But I noticed a strange thing and i dont know if modmerger must work is this ways or i'm wrong something

E.g.

I'm using as base of my mod the diplomacy 4.2 module but after I copied module_system 1.166 in my module folder and merged in it pdob or freelanncer and I lauched my module I have only the mods I merged with modmerger in my module and the diplomacy sftuffs lost-

is this intended to be normal?

I added voice command but I have this error gk_order_halt not defined.
In my mission templates:
from header_common import *
from header_operations import *
from header_mission_templates import *
from header_animations import *
from header_sounds import *
from header_presentations import *
from ID_meshes import *
from header_triggers import *
from module_constants import *
import string
from header_game_menus import *
from header_parties import *
from header_items import *
from header_music import *
from header_terrain_types import *
from ID_meshes import *
import string

voice command thread:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,8652.msg1417460.html#msg1417460

JC LEON said:
I'm managing to use modmerger in these days and after some tries I'm attempting to merge some little mods to learn..

But I noticed a strange thing and i dont know if modmerger must work is this ways or i'm wrong something

E.g.

I'm using as base of my mod the diplomacy 4.2 module but after I copied module_system 1.166 in my module folder and merged in it pdob or freelanncer and I lauched my module I have only the mods I merged with modmerger in my module and the diplomacy sftuffs lost-

That's because the data for the diplomacy module is in the .txt files which get overwritten by compilation. Instead, downliad and use the diplomacy module system as a base, apart from header_operation.py (which you definitely should copy over from 1.166) it's more or less up to date.

frozenpainter said:
I added voice command but I have this error gk_order_halt not defined.
In my mission templates:
from header_animations import *
from header_sounds import *
from ID_meshes import *
import string
from ID_meshes import *
import string

voice command thread:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,8652.msg1417460.html#msg1417460
Goodness, man! Do you ever search before posting? You're supposed to do that, you know, especially for simple problems.
header_triggers.py said:
gk_order_1 = 23
gk_order_2 = 24
gk_order_3 = 25
gk_order_4 = 26
gk_order_5 = 27
gk_order_6 = 28
##gk_order_halt = 22
##gk_order_follow = 23
##gk_order_charge = 24
##gk_order_dismount = 25
##gk_order_hold_fire_toggle = 26
##gk_order_advance = 27
##gk_order_fall_back = 28
##gk_order_stand_closer = 29
##gk_order_spread_out = 30
##gk_order_blunt_weapons_toggle = 31
gk_everyone_hear = 29
gk_infantry_hear = 30
As evidenced by this,
Code:
gk_order_halt
is a pre-Warband remnant, along with the other ones. Warband calls them differently now. Note that I've never looked into whether orders 1-6 behave absolutely identically to what they were before; or if I have, I've forgotten because it was a long time ago.

Also, as far as I know, you needn't import references from a file more than once, and definitely not right after one another. I've colour-coded your spoilered quote to make duplicates obvious, and look how ugly it looks. Remove duplicated colours and don't import modules more than once.

jacobhinds said:
JC LEON said:

E.g.

That's because the data for the diplomacy module is in the .txt files which get overwritten by compilation. Instead, downliad and use the diplomacy module system as a base, apart from header_operation.py (which you definitely should copy over from 1.166) it's more or less up to date.

ok

many thanks for your answer... but
1) is there no way to procede as I made?' e.g. use diplomacy native module and insert mods into module system and mantain the combination of two??
2) where can i downlaod an up to date diplomacy module system??

so if I use module system all mod I want to install must install  them with module system??

Is it hard-coded in the game where when you drop a bow or crossbow, that the ammunition is also dropped? Could I make something that only the bow or crossbow is dropped but the ammunition for it is still kept with the player?

It's hardcoded, but you can give the agent a new bag of ammunition when the item is dropped from triggers. Problem is the player can just pick up the old ammo again unless you give it a flag

Wasn't worried about it being picked up from the ground but I'm working on making it so polearms and bows/crossbows are dropped when switching to a sword, dagger, or axe. I suppose I'll just have to live with the fact that the ammunition is dropped too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom