Overpopulation and Overpopulation- A Soaring Difficulty Add-ons

Users who are viewing this thread

Earl of Swadia

Lords and Realms: Overpopulation
An add-on for Lords and Realms (compatible with L&R versions 1.500 and above)
NOTE: This is not save-game compatible! (but it's a lot of fun!)

I've tweaked my own copy Lords and Realms quite a bit, mostly changing stats. If anything, it may even be harder or it may make it very easy. There are two released versions now: Overpopulation, and Overpopulation: A Soaring Difficulty. The latter changes the player stats back to native as well as doing a few other things (see below)

All credit goes to Nick Altman for making Lords and Realms in the first place. This is just an extensive tweak.

Overpopulation Features:
  • Stronger factions (as in much stronger!)
  • Average Swadian lord has 250-350 men. Swadia excells in all areas, especially sharpshooters
  • Vaegirs have overwhelming numbers (you'll see... just check out their cities)
  • Khergits are pretty much the same, slightly stronger heavy infantry
  • Rhodoks have larger groups of spearmen (I think)
  • Nords are stronger in general
  • Lords have much higher levels depending on faction
  • You advance up levels faster (only slightly)
  • Your men advance up levels much faster (you need stronger men, especially if you're going up against Swadia or Vagia, or even the Nords and Khergits; not so much Rhodoks)
  • Kings are very dangerous
  • Wealth generated by your properties is massive (provided your caravans and peasants survive their trade routes)
  • Caravans are much more well protected
  • Caravan masters are very dangerous
  • Bigger battles within castles (as in the inner hall) and towns
  • Recruit many more villagers!
There may be more features that I can't think of at the moment (I did change quite a lot!). I recommend creating your own kingdom to fully enjoy this (complete with your own lords and caravans). It's the only way to fully experience combat with the kingdoms!

Overpopulation: A Soaring Difficulty Features
  • You are of native strength
  • NPC's are of Native strength (or similar)
  • Khergits and Vaegirs are a lot stronger
    • Stronger factions (as in much stronger!)
    • Average Swadian lord has 250-350 men. Swadia excells in all areas, especially sharpshooters
    • Vaegirs have overwhelming numbers (you'll see... just check out their cities)
    • Khergits are pretty much the same, slightly stronger heavy infantry
    • Rhodoks have larger groups of spearmen (I think)
    • Nords are stronger in general
    • Lords have much higher levels depending on faction
    • You advance up levels faster (only slightly)
    • Your men advance up levels much faster (you need stronger men, especially if you're going up against Swadia or Vagia, or even the Nords and Khergits; not so much Rhodoks)
    • Kings are very dangerous
    • Wealth generated by your properties is massive (provided your caravans and peasants survive their trade routes)
    • Caravans are much more well protected
    • Caravan masters are very dangerous
    • Bigger battles within castles (as in the inner hall) and towns
    • Recruit many more villagers!

Lords and Realms: Overpopulation download link:

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=7&id=1306

Lords and Realms: Overpopulation - A Soaring Difficulty download link:

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=7&id=1432

Overpopulation is compatible with the Realistic Combat Mode add-on.

Yeah, I was wondering were you asking or just making a statement. I have nothing against making Lords and Realms add ons. If you state it's Lords and Realms by Nick.Altman (and all credits) modded by you (or somebody else) and you made ..... this and that. It only means that L&R is a good mod and people want to make it even better and put their own effored to improve it. But beware when L&R upgrades it will maybe not be compatible if you don't upgrade your submod as well.

I see, thanks a lot Nick.

Well here goes:

Lords and Realms: Overpopulation

Features: Listed above

All credit goes to Nick Altman for making Lords and Realms in the first place. This is just an extensive tweak.

It's officially created to work with version 1.50 of Lords and Realms but may work with later versions (or earlier ones). It's a small download so give it a go! I may update it if Lords and Realms gets a huge overhaul.

Link: https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=7&id=1306

Enjoy!

Wow! I didn't think it would be given that much priority. Sure will make the link. Thanks a lot!

Earl of Swadia said:
Wow! I didn't think it would be given that much priority. Sure will make the link. Thanks a lot!

No problem. Pray to good that you didn't meet me on Battlefield 2 opposite side cause I woudn't be so friendly...  :twisted:

http://bf2s.com/player/58201025/

Just kidding. If some people can enjoy your work than I can give a small effort to support that by the power vested in me by forum adminstrators.

Awsome mod realy makes it into crasy fight :razz: 2000 vs 2000 is almost a endless fight :razz:, would be realy nice whit a kill counter hehe

GJ both of you both Nick.Altman for awsome mod and the tweak mod by Earl of Swadia

Zuku out

Sounds intresting, I'll test it this week.

But have to say I really love the current 1.505 version of LaR  :roll:

Excellent work. The sheer size of the battles is just awesome. It does get a bit hard to fight in streets and the keep because there are too many people. It gets a bit hard to move. Other than that, I love it. You can get over 100 recruits from 3 villages!

I forgot about the villagers thing; its in the main post now thanks for reminding me. As for finishing the battles, increase battle sizer, but not to the point that it slows down the game. The 2000 men (in castles) may sound impressive but remember its only perhaps 500 that you actually fight on the walls. Then its about 45 in the streets and 15 in the castle hall. So the battle should only go on forever if you keep on dying (which you shouldn't because everyone's a Lords and Realms veteran :grin:). And thanks for the praise everyone! :grin:

Why are you trying modify something which is very good? Better you should try create something original, own.  :???:

Did try to (check Calradia, the 16th Century link in my signature); its just very difficult as I don't have a lot of time on my hands. Therefore I can just only do simple scripting and balancing, not huge mods with lots of coding and new textures etc... And I was just planning on sharing it, not really making it official, though it is now :grin: Also, it just depends on your view of it. If you like it, it makes the original L&R even better. If you don't, then the original L&R is probably best for you. It's just a matter of opinion.

I like the look of this add-on, I'd like to try it out. Just checking, it should be compatible with the RCM add-on I did, right (link: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,65153.0.html )? The add-on is only an item-stats edit at the moment, so I'm guessing it should be fine.
Having this question answered would also be helpful for anyone else who was thinking of installing both add-ons.

If the RCM add-on is an item add-on, then what you should do is paste the Overpopulation add-on in first, then paste in the RCM add-on. Overpopulation is basically a lot of scripting, but doesn't touch items so what you'd be doing is changing the items text file of Overpopulation. In short, it should work (if you do it in that order).

please,help me someone  :cry:
how do I fix that  :???: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I have a problem  >>>>>

LOL.jpg

I reinstalled, but now I will do as u say, I will redownload  :grin: :idea:
if nothing changes, then I will post  :roll:
thanks so far  :grin:

hmmm... I've come across something similar. I just had to restart the computer.

Back
Top Bottom