Frequently Asked Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Chel

Master Knight

Frequently Asked Questions

How to use combat abilities and what do they do?
  Press N in town or in battle for details. Press M for more information on the mod. Tactical use of combat abilities best suited to your situation and character type are an essential tool in beating the odds and defeating powerful enemies.

What to do with trophies?
  There are three types of trophies which can be obtained in battle, each more rare and useful than the next. Trophies should be brought to towns where you can either sell them, trade for experience, gamble for items, or trade sets of trophies for a Charm of Regeneration.

What happens when my character dies?
  You become a fallen spirit wandering the land, much like others you might have encountered. You have a limited amount of time left before your spirit wanes and disappears, but wearing a Fallen Mask will prolong this period and give you a chance to try and come back to life again. Wearing the Mask also causes great regeneration in battle and ability to rise and keep fighting the same enemy after being knocked out. Other fallen spirits may also join you from time to time.

How to come back to life after becoming a fallen spirit?
  To come back to life you need to collect three charms: Charm of Fear, Charm of Regeneration, and a Death Ward.

Where can I get charms and what do they do?
  Charm of Regeneration can be traded in town for a set of three different trophies: battle, war, and epic trophy. It slowly recovers your health when carried in battle.
  Charm of Fear can be obtained from Bear Clan Leaders who roam the lands with Migrating Bear Clan tribes. You must capture two Bear Clan Leaders alive to get one. Carrying a Charm of Fear in battle will cause enemy troops of lower level than yours to be more hesitant about approaching you and can prevent you from being swarmed, especially when you reach a higher level.
  Death Wards are obtained by defeating Armies of the Dead, and carrying them in battle will prevent your character from dying when he would otherwise. A Death Ward disappearrs in the process. It is much more advisable to prevent death than to try to come back to life after, which is a more difficult task.

How can I prevent my character from dying?
  You character cannot die before he reaches level 7, so in that initial stage you should try to develop your character and his party to suit your further goals and playstyle best, so that you will be more sucessful once you venture to develop beyond level 7. The ideal goal is to defeat an army of the dead before you reach level 7 and obtain one or several death wards, they will safeguard you from dying next time you might get knocked out. You can also increase your chances of recovering from a knockout by training Ironflesh and Wound Treatment skills.

How exactly does the encumberance system work?
  The total weight of your equipment (armor, weapons/shield/ammo, gloves/boots/helm) is calculated. Only what you bring into battle matters, your inventory contents does not.

Lets say the total weight is 52 kg ingame.
You can carry up to 5 + (2 x [Weapon Master skill]) + ([Strength above 10]/2) kg without an effect on your proficiencies.
Lets say you have lvl2 weapon master and 16 strength.
That means you can carry up to 5+2x2+(16-10)/2 = 10 kg without effect on proficiencies.
So everything above that, in this case encumberance of 52-10 = 40 kg, will weight you down.

Given encumberance of 40, your proficiencies are going to be reduced in the following way:

Crossbow: -1x(40+10)=-50 points
One-handed, Two-handed, Polearm: -2x(40+10) = -100 points
Archery, Throwing: -3x(40+10) = -150 points

Note also that with lower proficiencies when encumbered, they train up faster when fighting, so you can train yourself up by fighting with lots of gear (carry 3 sets of stones for example, and fight with sword), then take it off for a lighter set and have higher weapon skill!

With a total equipment weight of 30 kg, for example, and lvl8 weapon master skill and 24 strength,
your encumberance would be 30-(5+2x8+(24-10)/2) = 2 kg
you weapon proficiencies would be affected:

Crossbow: -1x(2+10)=-12 points
One-handed, Two-handed, Polearm: -2x(2+10) = -24 points
Archery, Throwing: -3x(2+10) = -36 points

With a total equipment weight of 28 kg, for example, and lvl8 weapon master skill and 24 strength,
your encumberance would be 26-(5+2x8+(24-10)/2) = 0
and there would be no effect on weapon proficiencies!

So there is a noticeable difference between not being encumbered at all and being slightly encumbered as well. Train your weapon master skill and stength to increase the limit of weight that does not encumber you.

please add your own questions and answers to this thread.

When I play the game, the colors are completely messed up. For example, people turn green and red.

Instead of using Direct X9 use Direct X7, and it will render properly.

I keep getting the RGL error. How can I fix that?

Try lowering your details (texture, lighting, etc.)) and if all else fails, try using DX7.

My system crashes 10-15 minutes into playing. Is there a way to fix this?

This may or may not work, depending on the problem.

Go to Control Panel => System and Management => System => Advaned System Setting => Advanced => Startup and Recovery Settings => Uncheck Automatically restart during a System Failure.

How do I reduce/remove flames from the Fallen Ones and when I wear the Spirit Mask?
In mod's particle_systems.txt, find this line (its near the top):

psys_fallen_fire_old 12818 prt_mesh_fire_1  8 3.500000 0.200000 -0.030000 10.000000 0.000000

8 is the number of flame particles that are emmited, reducing that will improve performance without affecting the appearance too much (unless you reduce it to something like 3)

3.500000 is the number of seconds for which the particles exist, reducing that will also improve performance but also make the flames not as tall.

Notes:
If you bring both numbers to 0 it when just show tiny smoke particles. This does not apply to the Perished Ones.

How do I reduce/remove flames from the Perished Ones?
In mod's particle_systems.txt, find this line (its near the top):

psys_fallen_fire_per 12818 prt_mesh_fire_1  12 6.500000 0.200000 -0.030000 10.000000 0.000000

12 is the number of flame particles that are emmited, reducing that will improve performance without affecting the appearance too much (unless you reduce it to something like 3)

6.500000 is the number of seconds for which the particles exist, reducing that will also improve performance but also make the flames not as tall.

Notes:
If you bring both numbers to 0 it when just show tiny smoke particles. This does not apply to the Fallen Ones.

I cannot open my chest in my castle (bug in 0.95b), how can I fix that?

In mod's scene_props.txt find the line

spr_player_chest 0 0 player_chest bo_player_chest 0

and change it to

spr_player_chest 5 0 player_chest bo_player_chest 0

I gambled a trophy and got nothing.

make sure your inventory has empty space for items.
sometimes also, when you gamble, you get no items, only some experience. But the chance of that happening is low, around 8%.

I have yet to find/make a charm, mainly because i haven't bothered trying. What's it mean by carrying them into battle? Do they take up an equipment slot? I'm curious because a regen charm would be pretty epic on a barbarian.

Alexandros said:
What happens if you get more than one Charm of Regeneration or Charm of Fear? can you?

Well you get 2 effects regeneration and fear effect...

Kinsume said:
I have yet to find/make a charm, mainly because i haven't bothered trying. What's it mean by carrying them into battle? Do they take up an equipment slot? I'm curious because a regen charm would be pretty epic on a barbarian.

Yes they take slot in equipment slot and it will not really be epic if you think going into middle of army and hoping for super regeneration forget it :smile:

gregor_y said:
Alexandros said:
What happens if you get more than one Charm of Regeneration or Charm of Fear? can you?
Well you get 2 effects regeneration and fear effect... NO

Kinsume said:
Yes they take slot in equipment slot and it will not really be epic if you think going into middle of army and hoping for super regeneration forget it :smile:
They just have to be in you inventory, not equipment ¬¬ You can't equip them. Why do you answer if you don't even know?

Danath said:
They just have to be in you inventory, not equipment ¬¬ You can't equip them. Why do you answer if you don't even know?

Inventory/equipment big difreance point is it takes place in inventory not equipment not big mistake everyone could make it...

Chel said:

How exactly does the encumberance system work?
  The total weight of your equipment (armor, weapons/shield/ammo, gloves/boots/helm) is calculated. Only what you bring into battle matters, your inventory contents does not.

Lets say the total weight is 52 kg ingame.
You can carry up to 5 + (2 x [Weapon Master skill]) + ([Strength above 10]/2) kg without an effect on your proficiencies.
Lets say you have lvl2 weapon master and 16 strength.
That means you can carry up to 5+2x2+(16-10)/2 = 10 kg without effect on proficiencies.
So everything above that, in this case encumberance of 52-10 = 40 kg, will weight you down.

Sorry, according to the formula, I think the result should be 12 instead of 10
Otherwise, really nice touch this encumbrance application is much more advanced than the original native one, particularly regarding the ranged proficiency.

A bit more infos?

HOW to get trophies?

I won 20-25 battles a-now, with 2-3 sieges as a mercenary for swadian empire

i only got trophies in the first battle i did. nothing in all other ones

Danath said:
They are kind of random, but I think it depends a lot on how many enemies you killed

I dont think its random...in begining battles you can get even epic fev times in a row later on you get only battle trophies and war...epic is very rare later...

Ok but i got 3 minor and 1 epic at the first battle, then NOTHING at all

In the last one (a siege) i killed 40 people with my bow.. so i don't think # of killed enemies matters

:sad:(

Back
Top Bottom