Lords and Realms RCM (Realistic Combat Model) (Version 1.508+)

Users who are viewing this thread

Umm, I'll need you to send me the items.py so I can edit it. Isn't included with the mod (unless I hacked it or something, that is).

Found a way of editing it without the Items.py. But I've hit a snag: The Weapon Lengths are different for the same weapon between RCM and your Mod. Do your mods use different weapon models, or is it the same models with different lengths (in the latter case I could just continue editing as normal).

EDIT: The problem is resolved, it seems. I'm making good progress.

I'VE FINISHED!!! ....Mostly. There are bound to be several mistakes ranging from slight to large. I've requested to be able to upload the file on the repository, you can try it out once it has been uploaded. As for me... it's really late, and I'm tired as heck.... don't feel so well. I think I'm going to sleep and take it easy for a while, now.

I think I wouldn't like it. The mod is difficult enough now and I want to entertain  and not to irritate myself.  :???:

Actually, I think the RCM stats will make the mod easier in a lot of ways. Metal armour is a lot more effective now, and arrows do cutting instead of piercing damage so you won't be pincushioned. I found long spears/pikes the most difficult part of the game (since M&B's engine can distinguish the shaft from the blade of the spear), but now they're less effective on armour slower as per realism.

So, unless some factor is being forgotten by me, I think the game will actually be easier once you get some good armour. It'll only be a .txt download and you'll be able to keep your saves, so you could try it out once it's finished.

EDIT: I have the file up: https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=8&id=1328
This is only the first version, so quite a few items will be wrongly statted, or even left entirely till I get some advise. Play around with it if you like, the majority of it should be fine.

Ah, right, credits. Sorry, this is my first upload :razz:. Fixed now.

Talking to Ron to see if I could make the Bleeding Script available, and for help on completing the RCM package. I'm also in a bind as to how to do tournament armour and weapons, since blunt swords don't seem the best weapon to use against robust plate armour (I think they used morning-stars as their weapon of choice for foot-combat, at some jousting tournaments).

Done some stuff with the module.ini, and was going to put in the bleeding script... unfortunately, there isn't a module_scripts.py or a module_mission_templates.py, so unless there happens to be a script and missions editor like the item editor I used, then I'm pretty stuck.

So there's no way for you to access the .py files...?

Hi, I added the modules.ini and item_kinds1.txt files the my L&R folder, but now i get and RGL error saying "unable to open file: .....resources/missiles.brf"

Any ideas how to get it to work?

PS.  I love RCM, looking forward to playing L&R with it.

Argh, I accidentally uploaded the files which had the Flying Missile Pack installed.

I'll have to do a new upload quickly.... need to change it so that it's like a normal item_kinds1.txt. If you'd like to change it yourself at the same time: Next to the arrow items there are lines reading, "arrow_flying" or "bolt_flying" and, "arrow_b_flying" etc... Replace these "_flying" lines with "flying missile". Also, change your module.ini from "scan_module_textures = 1" to a "0". That should fix things... have to go now.

Sorry about the mess.

I'm still getting the same error as before Connors, missing missiles.brf.  Do I perhaps need the file "missiles.brf"?  I noticed it's not in the resource folder or anywhere else for that matter.

Did you try the new downloads and the instructions I gave you....? If so, I don't understand what's going on. What would really help is if we knew whether this was a problem you're getting for some weird reason, or if it's something everyone is getting... I'll have to compare the item_kinds1.txt and module.ini of the original Lords and realms and see if there's something I did wrong.

Have you tried restarting the computer? Apparently that fixed a bug with another L&R add-on, for someone... Another resort is to install the Flying Missile Pack and see if it works then, if I've really messed it up.

Anyone else getting this problem?

Ok, so I re-downloaded L&R then installed it.  I re-downloaded RCM files you put up (which I see now have the missiles.brf, which I put in the L&R resource folder), then restarted my computer.  Now when I run the game I no longer get the RGL error, but I now get a runtime error after the loading bar gets to 'Loading Setting Data'.  I'm sorry if I'm the only person getting these issues, but it seems kinda weird.  What might cause a runtime error?  I'll try installing the flying missile pack next. 

Thanks for your help man!

Edit:  Same result with the flying missile pack installed...

What, really...? In that case I'm stumped as to what's going on. Now what I want to know is if it's this way for everyone so it can help me solve the bug...

Anyone who is reading this thread, even if you don't want to play the RCM add-on, please test it out to see if you get the same problems--You can simply copy your old module.ini and item_kinds1.txt to back them up (their new names will have "copy"). After you've tried it out, you can delete the RCM files, then take out the "copy" from the backed-up file names.

Quick fix here- It worked for me. Put that Missles.BRF file in the Resources folder in the L&R Module folder... It's not supposed to be in the main directory. :razz: (Yes, I did just register to say that. XD)

EDIT: I see someone else already said that. o.o; DURNIT! I want those 5 seconds for registering back! XDD

Wait, so it works for you after you did that, Drakor? Hmm... if so, it might unfortunately be a problem with Dreed's computer or something else ,which I can't do much about :sad:.

And your help is very greatly appreciated, Drakor :grin:.

Ok, just to experiment a little more I decided to put the original Lord & Realms modules.ini and itemkinds back and see what happens.  Works like a charm, no RGL error, no runtime error..... no RCM either :razz:.  Then I put the RCM files back and the runtime error Mount&Blade.exe.

So this seems like the addition of those files is causing a runtime error.  Now I'm not a computer expert, but if it's a problem with my computer, then why does it not happen under any other circumstances?  If it is my computer, what would cause it to have a problem reading those files?  I don't expect anyone to have the answer, but just throwing it out there ya know heh.

So yours works fine Connors?  Anyone else using this, or are we the only ones who want to use RCM with this mod?

Thanks again for the help, I'll play 1257 AD for a while till I can get this figured out.

Back
Top Bottom