Lords and Realms RCM (Realistic Combat Model) (Version 1.508+)

Users who are viewing this thread

Strange, I thought I had it working... What's your character's power-strike skill? Because the way the armour is you can't win without a few points in it (unless you have points in power draw and get a bow).

The two handed sword does more damage then the hammer, and since it's possible to do damage with the hammer on a good blow even with lower power strike, it should be quite doable with a two-handed sword. Remember that if you strike with the tip of the weapon you tend to do more damage by quite a bit. I consider the idea of editing the tournament characters' stats to be higher, due to the armour to avoid this kind of problem...

I had power strike 6 And did atleast 20 hits before getting pissed and just surrendering not a single one did more than 0.

I used a test character with 9 STR and AGI, 100 in all proficiencies, and a Power Strike of 2. Got a one-handed sword and shield, did 0 damage mostly, but I managed to do 4 points repeatedly at varying intervals. Also, I was attacked by a few two-handed sword wielders, who did 3-7 damage on average when they didn't hit me for 0 (they did damage more often, if not for the fact I hit more). The blow which KOed me was from one of these two for 17 damage, a good hit.
So with a power strike of six and a two handed weapon, it should have been fine. My guess is that you just got unlucky with the random part of the damage for those hits.

If you like the fast do-or-die action of the RCM, then realistic sports fighting mightn't interest you--the idea of it being to protect the combatants as much as possible and draw out the length of the matches.

Thing is if you're going to use something like this modifyer to pretty much make plated armor users tanks that can plow through everything, you'll need to add an encumbrance modifier as well. How much sense does it make when a guy in full armor can keep up with some running with hardly anything on? I forget what type of unit was doing it I believe it was one of the higher tiered swadians.

Armour is less encumbering then you'd think... 27 is the weight of standard full-plate, done by Ron. Some of the armour is heavier than that and better.

If plate armour made you really slow, and exhausted you, would it have really been so popular in the medieval age? All the slowness could've lead to your side losing, because they'd be falnked, or pushed over and unable to get up.

The guy in full-plate keeping up with the recruit will have much greater Athletics, being a veteran heavy infantryman.

Anyways how can I go back to the normal game's stuff without redownloading the entire thing?

Edit : Nevermind redownloading only takes like 6 minutes so I'll just do that.

No offense to this add-on I'm sure some people like it and alot of work was put into it, but I'm not seeing it as more realistic. Sure the damage/armor modifications can make the damage delt/recieved more realistic, but when combined with a game that has mass battles and retarded AI players you end up with 100 heavily armored guys standing in one big mush of allies/enemys slapping eachother with their weapons for little to no damage. Which translates to an 30 min long fight I pretty much go to a corner and afk for. So no thank you I'll pass. Nice effort though.

I mentioned in the install that you might want to back-up the old files. Other than that, the only way is to re-download (unless you keep the rars like I do).

The fights have never lasted 30 minutes for me, unless they're really huge with multiple waves or the enemies are scattered everywhere so you have to go and pick them off. Even with just swords, the fight generally last a few minutes at most.

Thank you for your support :smile:.

As an extra, here's a link for how to stop companions from leaving due to petty complaints, for those of you who would like your gaming experience changed in that way: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1330752.html#msg1330752
Note that the number is different from how he lists it. Still, if you change the 0 (which is in the same place) to a 1, then you can tell companions you won't let them quit (no penalties for doing so, it seems).

Ah TheMageLord, very useful man he is. I have that tweak in Overpopulation

I notice that you are using the following items belonging to Rosha's Wedding Dance in your mod, and he was quite specific about not giving permission to anyone to use them until he released the final version of the mod.  I think you owe Rosha a very large apology for nicking his stuff without his permission.  You should apologize abjectly and take them out of this mod immediately.  Using intellectual property without the permission of its creator is simply stealing.

When you asked Rosha if you could use his items, he told you that you could not, until he released the final version of his mod.  Asking permission is not being given permission.

Rosha's items are as follows:

great_helm_new
new_banded
armour_2
french_helm
french_helm_closed
classichelm
classichelm_plume
classichelm_open
classichelm_v_2
banner_lance
black_lance

Edit: add word "immediately."

...Well, I'm just doing an add-on for the mod by re-statting items, so what items are in the mod isn't really anything to do with my add-on...

I stuck with the Wedding Dance from its first days since its released, Rosha says from the start that he will allow to use his items when, and ONLY when he released version 1.0..

No need to explain the decision of a mod-maker, but its simply for the case that he isnt satisfied with some stuff already.
This isnt the first time that someone take his stuff, i wonder whats the problem in that case, in my opinion his english is much better than my one, so its not that difficult to understand him.

This permission-stuff should be a basic-case of respect for each other in every modding-communitiy.

I dont care who implement roshas stuff after DONT get the permission, but i suggest to take it out of any mods immediatly.

Sad enough that its necessary to discuss such bull**** again and again.

Umm... I'm not so good with modding, so I really don't want to mess around with item txts beyond what I have. Besides, if I did remove it, then the add-on mightn't be compatible with Lords and Realms.

If Nick releases a new version without those items, however, then my add-on won't have them.

Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar said:
I notice that you are using the following items belonging to Rosha's Wedding Dance in your mod, and he was quite specific about not giving permission to anyone to use them until he released the final version of the mod.  I think you owe Rosha a very large apology for nicking his stuff without his permission.  You should apologize abjectly and take them out of this mod immediately.  Using intellectual property without the permission of its creator is simply stealing.

When you asked Rosha if you could use his items, he told you that you could not, until he released the final version of his mod.  Asking permission is not being given permission.

Rosha's items are as follows:

great_helm_new
new_banded
armour_2
french_helm
french_helm_closed
classichelm
classichelm_plume
classichelm_open
classichelm_v_2
banner_lance
black_lance

Edit: add word "immediately."

It was a big misunderstanding. I talked to Rosha. If he insists I will reverse the mod to 1.505. It such a shame. Sorry again.

Nick

I think the appropriate thing to do would be to reset this mod without Rosha's items until Rosha releases his mod.  I don't think Rosha should have to insist since he was pretty clear in giving his permission to use his stuff only *after* his mod is released; making him "insist" makes him out to be the badguy, so I think best courtesy to make up for the mistake of using it ahead of time would be to pull it for now.  Then, once his release is made, to go ahead and release it with this mod again.

Just my 2 cents.  I appreciate the work of the modding community, am really impressed with what can and has been done, but feel everyone should bend over backwords to make sure they respect each other's work.

Cheers,
Corwyn

Corwyn said:
I think the appropriate thing to do would be to reset this mod without Rosha's items until Rosha releases his mod.  I don't think Rosha should have to insist since he was pretty clear in giving his permission to use his stuff only *after* his mod is released; making him "insist" makes him out to be the badguy, so I think best courtesy to make up for the mistake of using it ahead of time would be to pull it for now.  Then, once his release is made, to go ahead and release it with this mod again.

Just my 2 cents.  I appreciate the work of the modding community, am really impressed with what can and has been done, but feel everyone should bend over backwords to make sure they respect each other's work.

Cheers,
Corwyn

Today I will upload version 1.505 and 1.508 will be canceled until his release.

Back
Top Bottom