Author Topic: Lords and Realms RCM (Realistic Combat Model) (Version 1.508+)  (Read 64415 times)

Dreed

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
Re: Lords and Realms RCM (Realistic Combat Model)
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2009, 11:46:15 PM »
Hi, I added the modules.ini and item_kinds1.txt files the my L&R folder, but now i get and RGL error saying "unable to open file: .....resources/missiles.brf"

Any ideas how to get it to work?

PS.  I love RCM, looking forward to playing L&R with it.

Conners

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2009, 01:54:52 AM »
Argh, I accidentally uploaded the files which had the Flying Missile Pack installed.

I'll have to do a new upload quickly.... need to change it so that it's like a normal item_kinds1.txt. If you'd like to change it yourself at the same time: Next to the arrow items there are lines reading, "arrow_flying" or "bolt_flying" and, "arrow_b_flying" etc... Replace these "_flying" lines with "flying missile". Also, change your module.ini from "scan_module_textures = 1" to a "0". That should fix things... have to go now.

Sorry about the mess.

Conners

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2009, 08:44:35 AM »
Is should be fixed now. Try out the download again if you were having problems.

Dreed

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2009, 02:22:33 PM »
I'm still getting the same error as before Connors, missing missiles.brf.  Do I perhaps need the file "missiles.brf"?  I noticed it's not in the resource folder or anywhere else for that matter.

Conners

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2009, 02:36:26 PM »
Did you try the new downloads and the instructions I gave you....? If so, I don't understand what's going on. What would really help is if we knew whether this was a problem you're getting for some weird reason, or if it's something everyone is getting... I'll have to compare the item_kinds1.txt and module.ini of the original Lords and realms and see if there's something I did wrong.

Have you tried restarting the computer? Apparently that fixed a bug with another L&R add-on, for someone... Another resort is to install the Flying Missile Pack and see if it works then, if I've really messed it up.

Anyone else getting this problem?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 02:39:03 PM by Conners »

Dreed

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2009, 05:16:53 AM »
Ok, so I re-downloaded L&R then installed it.  I re-downloaded RCM files you put up (which I see now have the missiles.brf, which I put in the L&R resource folder), then restarted my computer.  Now when I run the game I no longer get the RGL error, but I now get a runtime error after the loading bar gets to 'Loading Setting Data'.  I'm sorry if I'm the only person getting these issues, but it seems kinda weird.  What might cause a runtime error?  I'll try installing the flying missile pack next. 

Thanks for your help man!

Edit:  Same result with the flying missile pack installed...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 05:27:28 AM by Dreed »

Conners

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2009, 09:49:45 AM »
What, really...? In that case I'm stumped as to what's going on. Now what I want to know is if it's this way for everyone so it can help me solve the bug...

Anyone who is reading this thread, even if you don't want to play the RCM add-on, please test it out to see if you get the same problems--You can simply copy your old module.ini and item_kinds1.txt to back them up (their new names will have "copy"). After you've tried it out, you can delete the RCM files, then take out the "copy" from the backed-up file names.

Drakor

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2009, 10:02:55 AM »
Quick fix here- It worked for me. Put that Missles.BRF file in the Resources folder in the L&R Module folder... It's not supposed to be in the main directory. :P (Yes, I did just register to say that. XD)

EDIT: I see someone else already said that. o.o; DURNIT! I want those 5 seconds for registering back! XDD
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 10:06:09 AM by Drakor »

Conners

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2009, 01:37:43 PM »
Wait, so it works for you after you did that, Drakor? Hmm... if so, it might unfortunately be a problem with Dreed's computer or something else ,which I can't do much about :(.

And your help is very greatly appreciated, Drakor :D.

Dreed

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2009, 03:31:44 PM »
Ok, just to experiment a little more I decided to put the original Lord & Realms modules.ini and itemkinds back and see what happens.  Works like a charm, no RGL error, no runtime error..... no RCM either :P.  Then I put the RCM files back and the runtime error Mount&Blade.exe.

So this seems like the addition of those files is causing a runtime error.  Now I'm not a computer expert, but if it's a problem with my computer, then why does it not happen under any other circumstances?  If it is my computer, what would cause it to have a problem reading those files?  I don't expect anyone to have the answer, but just throwing it out there ya know heh.

So yours works fine Connors?  Anyone else using this, or are we the only ones who want to use RCM with this mod?

Thanks again for the help, I'll play 1257 AD for a while till I can get this figured out.

Conners

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2009, 01:30:32 AM »
Yeah, it works for me. Did stop working when I tried to uninstall the missile pack as a test, though--although I mightn't have done it properly.

Also, Drakor said it worked for him. So unless he installed it in some way you didn't, I'd think it's unfortunately a technical or software error...

A few questions: Are you using the latest version of mount and blade? Are you using Windows Vista or Windows XP? Have you ever had trouble with other mods?

One of the few fixes I can think of is if you downloaded the item-editor and changed the item stats like I did. I can PM you the RCM stats I based this add-on off.

Dreed

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2009, 03:00:15 AM »
I'm using v1.011 with windows Vista and I've had no problems with any other mod.  I'll try the item-editor thing you suggested, so if you wanna PM me the stats that would be cool.

Thanks.

Conners

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2009, 03:17:03 AM »
Here's the link to the item editor: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=27735.new#new

I've PMed you the stats. I found it very difficult to re-stat various items without examples in L&R, especially items that were differently sized than the example. Some items can be sized as the RCM examples, however--but I didn't do it with all of them.

Henning0r

• View Profile
  • MP nick: Henning0r
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2009, 10:30:08 AM »
Could some of you please test my RCM add-on just to see if it works, so that I know whether it's just one person with the bug or a percentage of people?

So for me:

RCM with L&R 1.505 works fine.
(even with the missiles.brf not in Resource folder)

RCM with L&R 1.508 does not work!
(unable to find missiles.brf when not in the Resource folder. When it's there, at the end of loading there's a "Runtime error")

Conners

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2009, 12:14:44 PM »
Wait, there's been another L&R release already? Ah.... now I think I understand. The thing is, I made the RCM stats for version 1.505. Should've mentioned it earlier, but I thought it'd be fine for the moment (didn't realize they updated this frequently)...

It's a lot of work re-doing those items for someone who isn't an RCM expert, so I'm wondering how frequently to do this. I guess I'll do an RCM version of 508.