Author Topic: Lords and Realms RCM (Realistic Combat Model) (Version 1.508+)  (Read 64213 times)

NICK.ALTMAN

• I am the truth
    • View Profile
    • Lords and Realms
  • Faction: Bandit
  • MP nick: NICK_ALTMAN
  • NWWF&SM&BWBVC
Re: [Suggestion] Implementation of the RCM (Realistic Combat Model)
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 06:52:38 AM »
You mean correct them after I've been instructed by Ron how to...? Because unlike Ron, I'm not a combat expert with skill in interpreting combat into M&B gameplay. I don't mind correcting word docs, but I don't know how to without instructions.

It's time to learn, boy.  :wink:

Conners

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 07:43:46 AM »
....Seriously? It's possible for me to do some weapons if I can compare the txt files from other RCM mods, but I'd probably be halted by stranger weapons and names I couldn't place.

Am I really meant to do this by myself :shock:...?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 08:08:54 AM by NICK.ALTMAN »

NICK.ALTMAN

• I am the truth
    • View Profile
    • Lords and Realms
  • NWWF&SM&BWBVC
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 08:09:09 AM »
....Seriously? It's possible for me to do some weapons if I can compare the txt files from other RCM mods, but I'd probably be halted by stranger weapons and names I couldn't place.

Am I really meant to do this by myself :shock:...?

Well Ron said he would instruct you, I'll give you the logistic but the bulk of the work has to be done by you. There is an old saying: "Be careful what you wish for...boy."

Conners

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2009, 12:02:25 PM »
OK. According to Ron, it isn't as hard as I think. I already have Lords and Realms (the latest version), so do I already have the file I need to edit? If not, send it to me or link me to where I can get it.

Wish me luck...

NICK.ALTMAN

• I am the truth
    • View Profile
    • Lords and Realms
  • NWWF&SM&BWBVC
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2009, 02:01:23 PM »
OK. According to Ron, it isn't as hard as I think. I already have Lords and Realms (the latest version), so do I already have the file I need to edit? If not, send it to me or link me to where I can get it.

Wish me luck...

Good luck, Auzzie!

Conners

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2009, 04:14:24 AM »
Umm, I'll need you to send me the items.py so I can edit it. Isn't included with the mod (unless I hacked it or something, that is).

NICK.ALTMAN

• I am the truth
    • View Profile
    • Lords and Realms
  • NWWF&SM&BWBVC
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2009, 06:16:18 AM »
Umm, I'll need you to send me the items.py so I can edit it. Isn't included with the mod (unless I hacked it or something, that is).

There is no items.py only items.txt which is included in your L&R module, sorry.

Conners

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2009, 01:45:43 PM »
Found a way of editing it without the Items.py. But I've hit a snag: The Weapon Lengths are different for the same weapon between RCM and your Mod. Do your mods use different weapon models, or is it the same models with different lengths (in the latter case I could just continue editing as normal).

EDIT: The problem is resolved, it seems. I'm making good progress.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 12:11:34 PM by Conners »

Conners

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2009, 06:31:13 PM »
I'VE FINISHED!!! ....Mostly. There are bound to be several mistakes ranging from slight to large. I've requested to be able to upload the file on the repository, you can try it out once it has been uploaded. As for me... it's really late, and I'm tired as heck.... don't feel so well. I think I'm going to sleep and take it easy for a while, now.

Rad

• Knight at Arms
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2009, 09:18:28 AM »
I think I wouldn't like it. The mod is difficult enough now and I want to entertain  and not to irritate myself.  :?

Conners

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2009, 10:33:58 AM »
Actually, I think the RCM stats will make the mod easier in a lot of ways. Metal armour is a lot more effective now, and arrows do cutting instead of piercing damage so you won't be pincushioned. I found long spears/pikes the most difficult part of the game (since M&B's engine can distinguish the shaft from the blade of the spear), but now they're less effective on armour slower as per realism.

So, unless some factor is being forgotten by me, I think the game will actually be easier once you get some good armour. It'll only be a .txt download and you'll be able to keep your saves, so you could try it out once it's finished.

EDIT: I have the file up: http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/PDdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=8&lid=1328
This is only the first version, so quite a few items will be wrongly statted, or even left entirely till I get some advise. Play around with it if you like, the majority of it should be fine.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 11:05:51 AM by Conners »

NICK.ALTMAN

• I am the truth
    • View Profile
    • Lords and Realms
  • NWWF&SM&BWBVC
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2009, 11:07:04 PM »
Good job Conners! Edit the first post and make your info and download link there. Also your Repository statements have no credits. Fix this.

Conners

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
Re: Lords and Realms RCM (Realistic Combat Model)
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2009, 07:45:54 AM »
Ah, right, credits. Sorry, this is my first upload :P. Fixed now.

Talking to Ron to see if I could make the Bleeding Script available, and for help on completing the RCM package. I'm also in a bind as to how to do tournament armour and weapons, since blunt swords don't seem the best weapon to use against robust plate armour (I think they used morning-stars as their weapon of choice for foot-combat, at some jousting tournaments).

Conners

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2009, 02:44:19 AM »
Done some stuff with the module.ini, and was going to put in the bleeding script... unfortunately, there isn't a module_scripts.py or a module_mission_templates.py, so unless there happens to be a script and missions editor like the item editor I used, then I'm pretty stuck.

So there's no way for you to access the .py files...?

Henning0r

• View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Henning0r
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2009, 03:48:01 PM »
Very sadly: no!  :(

Really a thing to die for ..