Real Combat Module for 1257

Users who are viewing this thread

IMPORTANT WARNING: It looks like I uploaded the wrong file  :oops:! If you have downloaded the 0.55 fix before this message was posted, do it again. This time the corrected values will show up.

The good news is the last hour addition of the "Robe over Mail" as merchandise. I've not tried it, but thought it would be cool to have. Feel free to try it yourself and report if there are any bugs.

@JethroKirby,

I'll check it out. Probably something to do with the item_editor and the source graphic files... Now you have intrigued me  :neutral:.

Jethro,

Checked it out with item_editor, then bought and tested these same shields with my character... And there was nothing wrong.

Try downloading and installing the latest fix. If that doesn't solve your issue, then I'm afraid we have just ran into a very mysterious bug  :???:. Check out your graphic settings, it must be that. If even that doesn't make it then I'll try searching on the Forge and the Bug forums for an explanation. Hopefully that'll be quickly solved.

@Jean

That is quite odd :sad:

All my graphics settings are set to max with DX9. This is the first time I've ever seen this bug and I must say it is quite odd. The upside is that it only affects shields that don't get used on troops and npcs so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.  I just can't use those shields :sad:

I still don't understand why the original .txt file works.  All yours does is change a few values.

Yep  :neutral:.

Well if you like both the shields and RCM, then you can alternate the files  :wink:.

I had a similar bug when I installed a Formations Mod into 1257... I realized I was riding on invisible horses. I don't know if it is somehow related to it, but I had to reinstall 1257 from scratch after it. Maybe that's your - still mysterious - problem.

Hmm... guess I can try that. I'll need to make backups of some of the files I tweaked, but hopefully it should work. 

P.S. You got a formation mod working? Mind if I ask which and how :grin:?

Nope, but I could still try and port it to 1257 though. At that time I just installed the Native Formations Mod in my 1257 folder, thinking it would be harmless  :neutral:.

Alright. I reinstalled M&B, installed 1257, then installed RCM. Created new character and chose Noble-Page-Squire options. The Battered Old Round Shield that you start with does not show up. Guess I'll try some graphics tweaks.

After fooling around with it, I realize that it isn't a big deal. Reinstalling fixed my problem, but I didn't realize it. The shields in question will not show up on your person until you equip it in battle, they just won't show up on your back. I also discovered that it is just the battered versions that are affected by the bug, though I'm not sure why.

I'll stop hijacking your thread now :razz:

Can't wait to see what you pull outta your hat next to go along with this awesome mod.

0.56 Fix released!

After this, I'm practically done with the implementation stage and with the initial bug fixing. I'll now focus on troop stat fixes and armour and weapon costs; any suggestions welcome.

Expect these new features:

- Lancer Knights (Knights with a special AI lance for couching).
- More armour.
- More troops, including a fix for the Rhodok troop tree. 

downloading  :mrgreen:

more troops = me happy
rhodok fix = me very happy

testing now

EDIT:::::.....

i thought you already changed the troop trees ... hope you will find the time to do it fast  :wink:

keep up the great work.

These are "future" features  :lol:. Don't worry they'll come in no less than a week, if work doesn't get me covered meanwhile.

I'm glad to see you are keeping this awesome mod alive. It's one of the best in my opinion. Anyone know if Spanky released the source code? I'm sure that would help things. It would be nice to see someone add things like formations, morale, kingdom management, etc.

Glad to see you are adding more armors and fixing the troop tree. After playing other mods, I kinda feel that both areas lack a little - especially since many armors that were in the game to begin with were taken out. Good luck Jean  :wink:

@JethroKirby,

Thank you :wink:. But remember that historical accuracy is important here, so I'll limit myself to what is plausible. Don't expect Gothic Armour in the next update  :razz:.

Now I only need to learn how to implement these textures...

@possum,

I have good news for you. I'm researching the Lithuanians on the web and gathering knowledge on them, so expect a complete revamp on Rhodok troops for better historical accuracy.

I am also trying to figure out how to implement Garnier's Recruitment Script for Castles and Tows, as part of the revamp... Basically, I hope to make "noble" and other high grade troops available only in Castles/Towns, akin to the HYW system. Let's see how much success I have...!

you can implant whatever you want except the morale add, i never liked it  :roll: it felt broken.

before i forget: arent the horses a bit to fast?

i have the riding skill at 4 and use a heavy cruiser, the animations look a bit ridiculous when riding with full speed and the map is so small that you dont even have enough time to set up your men on a hill (f.e) before the first horses reach you.

in my opinion you should have the time to form formations or relocate to a better position, or at least move 50m, before the cavalry reaches you, especaially if you are the attacker.

i know that the speed is closer to the reality then the native horse speed but a real battlefield is not limited by invisible walls and the armies dont start to form up when they are only 500m away from each other.

@possum,

Well a heavy courser is less durable than butter  :lol:. Remember to use the terrain to your advantage, and a good longbow shot on the head of a light horse will immediately kill it. It's a counterbalance to their greater speed.

UPDATE: Well, after a thorough reading and messing with the module system I've succesfully contacted Spanky about using the 1257 source code to add the necessary modifications, including Garnier's Recruitment Script. Armour models are now ready to be implemented (thanks to Cèsar de Quart for advice).

Wow! RCM in 1257!
This mod is definetly growing to be legendary

Fine work done on weapon stats Jean Plassy, me like it very mucho. I hope that next step is adjusting prices for items and horses alike?

Back
Top Bottom