The Great and Powerful Original Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GodHandApostole said:
Its really good! Congratulations, you made something great. :grin:
You might consider the idea to allow people to choose different paths however; in other words, the Berserk setting is awesome, might be cool to make your own hero since the main story of the manga is something that somehow sounds uncommon (luckily! or the world would be overrun by gods-demons :razz:).
Still something like this will be needed only after finishing the main story line a hundred times, so no worries  :mrgreen:
Thats true I wasn't going to add a female character because the story is about Gutts but people like choices(and instagib bows) so I added her in.  Right now the quests for her are identical except she doesn't have enough strength to wield the Dragonslayer so she gets power bow instead.  I'm thinking of adding a separate apostle line as well.  I already have a commented out line to start as an apostle.  I took it out because it the quest wouldn't make sense at all with an apostle as the lead.  Although you could argue that even Gutts might not be fully human after all he is way too strong. I'll probably add an apostle as a starting choice later when I have some quests for him.  You won't be able to transform though I'm not a god-modder after all. O and if you get a chance look for zodd and fight him he's a part time fortune teller you know.  He won't tell you anything cool unless you beat him.

This mod's power is OVER NINE THOUSANDS!  :lol:
I was beginning to read modding tutorials, wings3D tutorials, just to make a mod like this! Guts is a real killing machine =p
I have an suggestion: you can do a Griffith version of the game, where you go out to conquer your own kingdom, as he wants.

Oh, and Zodd is awfully ugly xD

And a question: I conquered a castle before signing as mercenary to Midland because no lord invites me... they will sign me if I own a castle without being a lord or I'll have to leave it without garrison so someone can conquer it?

Kbcamaster said:
This mod's power is OVER NINE THOUSANDS!  :lol:
I was beginning to read modding tutorials, wings3D tutorials, just to make a mod like this! Guts is a real killing machine =p
I have an suggestion: you can do a Griffith version of the game, where you go out to conquer your own kingdom, as he wants.

Oh, and Zodd is awfully ugly xD

And a question: I conquered a castle before signing as mercenary to Midland because no lord invites me... they will sign me if I own a castle without being a lord or I'll have to leave it without garrison so someone can conquer it?
Wow you already took a castle? Which factions? I guess I made Gutts strong and gave you strong companions though.  Pippin is a strong as you too but slower.  Did you see the Pippin screenshot on the main page? Its pretty funny.  Um yea you might just have to leave the castle ungarrisoned and let it be conquered if you want to join a faction.

Whats with Hanafubukus village like in the corner?
I tried to get there but it seems like there is no way to get to it.

man 1000 renown is alot is there an easier way to get renown besides fighting lords and doing tournaments?

CinuzIta said:
i've done it!! i've beat zodd!! :shock:

holy crap if he's strong...and even fast!! maybe a bit overpowered? :???:
Yea he has 220 strength and agility.  Want to know a secret I was going to make his sword AoE against your troops(but not you) imagine that if he could wade into your lines slaying anyone with 250 cm's of him :twisted:.  Good job though Tudor party's aren't easy.
Nidion said:
Whats with Hanafubukus village like in the corner?
I tried to get there but it seems like there is no way to get to it.
You never actually travel to the village, but a quest much later on sends you there by ship.  Then when you leave the ship(via menu) sends you back to Vritanis.  If you go to the Vritanis tavern you can talk to Roderick, but for the moment you can only insult him.
Bellrog said:
man 1000 renown is alot is there an easier way to get renown besides fighting lords and doing tournaments?
Yea it is alot. However due to the power of you and your companions you should gain renown quicker than you would in native. Also I made the weekly renown drain much less than in native like 1/4 or something.  I didn't want to make the first part of the game too short.  That part of the actual story took over three years in the anime. I will be adding more quests to that part of the game to make it more varied.

Berserker Pride said:
CinuzIta said:
i've done it!! i've beat zodd!! :shock:

holy crap if he's strong...and even fast!! maybe a bit overpowered? :???:
Yea he has 220 strength and agility.  Want to know a secret I was going to make his sword AoE against your troops(but not you) imagine that if he could wade into your lines slaying anyone with 250 cm's of him :twisted:.  Good job though Tudor party's aren't easy.

men...for conquerin' his city i had to make him come out, wait till he decided to leave me alone and then comin' back quickly to conquer it before he decide to return...anyway i've changed the dx and now everythin' is normal, good job indeed...(even though dx9 is much better in my opinion.. :razz: )

EDIT: oh yes, what else do you still plan to add before you release the final version? :grin:

I took a Tudor Castle. The lord was wandering around and there were only 100 troops garrisoned. I took it with what, 4 casualties? :twisted: That double crossbow is helpful, I used my 50 bolts to kill the archers, then me and Griffith "soloed" the melee troops. Griffith is really overpowered, and his horse blinds me (it is full enlightened even at night). I had some other soldiers just to add up the numbers but they only kill what I leave behind on purpose.

A new question, regarding something I don't know if is modded or comes with M&B. There are videos on youtube from different mods in which the player uses some sort of map, that shows the commands active (such as "Infantry: Charging") and allows for click-moving the troops. Does your mod have it? Because I hate when Griffith goes alone in the front and kill many before I even get near.

Berserker Pride said:
GodHandApostole said:
Its really good! Congratulations, you made something great. :grin:
You might consider the idea to allow people to choose different paths however; in other words, the Berserk setting is awesome, might be cool to make your own hero since the main story of the manga is something that somehow sounds uncommon (luckily! or the world would be overrun by gods-demons :razz:).
Still something like this will be needed only after finishing the main story line a hundred times, so no worries  :mrgreen:
Thats true I wasn't going to add a female character because the story is about Gutts but people like choices(and instagib bows) so I added her in.  Right now the quests for her are identical except she doesn't have enough strength to wield the Dragonslayer so she gets power bow instead.  I'm thinking of adding a separate apostle line as well.  I already have a commented out line to start as an apostle.  I took it out because it the quest wouldn't make sense at all with an apostle as the lead.  Although you could argue that even Gutts might not be fully human after all he is way too strong. I'll probably add an apostle as a starting choice later when I have some quests for him.  You won't be able to transform though I'm not a god-modder after all. O and if you get a chance look for zodd and fight him he's a part time fortune teller you know.  He won't tell you anything cool unless you beat him.

Lol, its true; Zodd loves to spoil!
But I always thought about it: how would Berserk look like with a "normal" man as the main character...Or, better, how would commoners of the world of Berserk react at the Eclipse and spirits' world on earth (elfs and the like). And, about that, will we get to fight Ogres and Trolls too?  :twisted:
If by aposltes, you mean people like the Moon knight or the like of it, then please add!!! Would be even more dream-like to play with a character that cool, serving the God Hand!
Anyway, just trowing in ideas...the mod is already awesome as it is and Gratz again for making it!  :grin:

Kbcamaster said:
I took a Tudor Castle. The lord was wandering around and there were only 100 troops garrisoned. I took it with what, 4 casualties? :twisted: That double crossbow is helpful, I used my 50 bolts to kill the archers, then me and Griffith "soloed" the melee troops. Griffith is really overpowered, and his horse blinds me (it is full enlightened even at night). I had some other soldiers just to add up the numbers but they only kill what I leave behind on purpose.

A new question, regarding something I don't know if is modded or comes with M&B. There are videos on youtube from different mods in which the player uses some sort of map, that shows the commands active (such as "Infantry: Charging") and allows for click-moving the troops. Does your mod have it? Because I hate when Griffith goes alone in the front and kill many before I even get near.
I just added the first patch it fixes the shader problems with Gutts sword, certain helmets, and Casca's armor.  I also checked out Dstemmers cool command cursor minimod and he released it opensource so that is part of the first patch too.  The patch is only 12mb. I might have to tone down the double-crossbow a little(I am proud of it though) right now it does 70 pierce damage reloads quicker than a regular crossbow and fires twice to boot.  But in native the bows are way too strong and crossbows are useless so maybe its ok. O by the way moon knight Locus and his crew are in the game just not until the end.  You can fight Mozgus and farnese too they are Holy See lords(Farnese "can" join your party after the Golden Age.)
Trolls aren't in the game right now.  I have plans to add them as well as a full save the enoch village quest.  I'll make a cool Quilopuloth battle scene for that one.  Ogres might be too big, maybe a scaled down version.  Basically any creature that walks on two feet is a possibility. Barf just joined the team as a modeller which is wicked.  I'm not very good at creating models from scratch I'm better at splicing parts together and adding details.

yea overall this a great mod liked the quick battles especially the last one its pretty badass and Zodd is really really fast and strong still trying to get to the mainland quest good luck and congratz  :grin:

Posting some feedback...  :grin:

http://img23.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bugsa.jpg

Well, I found the [insert giant name here] Whale Knights, killed them, activated the One Hundred Man Slayer script, then the battle ran, but it started saying I've won before I even whacked one of them. So I killed them, then pressed tab and those messages began appearing.

Oh, and I'm vassal with 590 renown  :shock:

String errors I found:
- Princess Charlotte says "surrender or die" or something bandit-ish like that and your character replies like that as well.
- When you talk with Griffith he says "Yes, NO STRING!?"
- Lord Alin is dumb (but that is another story...  :lol:)

Dang your right I haven't really done anything with Charlotte's dialogue yet I'll throw a placer in there real quick.  She also doesn't have a set entry point so she will appear all over the keep even on a table. I think its funny though so I probably won't change that.  Her father won't think as highly of her if she starts table dancing.  Yea I need to edit module strings for a few of the Characters so they say yes, {commander} or something. You just have to define a title for them.  Although Griffith's will be yes, {slave-by-combat}.  He does say he owns you in the story.  I'm not sure why the game-event-simulate-battle does that.  The errors don't keep appearing do they? If so I'll have to fix it.  Thanks for the feedback.
EDIT: The second patch is upgraded and fixes the dialogue problems.  The error text will take some sleuthing.

Wei.Xiadi said:
Okay it is now on Repository.

It includes Patch 1 and 2.  There has been another patch since the upload so it still requires the latest patch.

Link: https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=7&id=1268

ahm, i'm sorry..for usin' this wich patch do i need? the one that there is on the front page? (the one that have the changelog on the spoiler? because if so i can't download it since the download link is down..) :???:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom