Author Topic: The Great and Powerful Original Thread  (Read 190314 times)

Berserker Pride

• Fearless Scripter of the Berserk Mod
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: CoR_Berserker
  • WB
Re: Sword of the Berserk beta screenshots and download
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2009, 10:31:04 AM »
Oh my! You arranged everything! Even the hundred men slayer battle!! Great work, i need to download it.
Thanks for making this  :mrgreen:
Thanks for trying it out. Let me know what you think about the mod too I still have plans to add a few more quests throughout the story arc and tweak the brf shaders on some items.  I am most curious about the balance of the factions. Except for the secret sixth faction I know they will be nigh impossible to beat. You can also try six new quickbattles with new scenes right from the main menu including the hundred man slayer. Most of them are incorporated into the main game too.  The last one is supposed to be impossible(although I know someone will beat it :oops:).

CinuzIta

• Sergeant Knight at Arms
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
Re: Revenge of the Berserk beta screenshots and download
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2009, 10:47:46 AM »
okay, downloadin' now!! :D

thanks mate for the job you did...i will try it out and posto some feedback as soon as possible! :D

EDIT: it seems that the gatsu's sword texture is missin' since the sword is all white, also i can't hear any music

RE-EDIT: I've started a new game and now the musics work but the sword still appear white (without texture) :?

(also, what do I have to do after joinin' the hawk's party? raise my reknown and join' the midland kingdom?)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 07:14:24 PM by CinuzIta »

(click to show/hide)

Naba

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2009, 01:54:48 PM »
oh, got to try out :P I like wrist crossbows xP
and looks good so far, can't wait for the download to finish :x

Taur0s

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • WB
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2009, 02:22:49 PM »
Nice features, dling it now.

TurambarMakart

• Grandmaster Knight
  • voip.arrakis-net.com Battlegrounds Europe TS3
    • Twitter - Never !
    • YouTube - Never !
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
  • MP nick: RNGD_Retired_Turambar
  • M&BWB
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2009, 05:11:40 PM »
just watch the quick battle and i started to cry  :mrgreen:!!!!

I love u man hahahahahahahahahahah  :lol:!!!!!!!
i was waiting for a things like that for a long time...thank u ^^

GodHandApostole

• Baron
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBVC
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2009, 05:35:24 PM »
Its really good! Congratulations, you made something great. :D
You might consider the idea to allow people to choose different paths however; in other words, the Berserk setting is awesome, might be cool to make your own hero since the main story of the manga is something that somehow sounds uncommon (luckily! or the world would be overrun by gods-demons :P).
Still something like this will be needed only after finishing the main story line a hundred times, so no worries  :mrgreen:

Berserker Pride

• View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2009, 08:21:40 PM »

thanks mate for the job you did...i will try it out and posto some feedback as soon as possible! :D

EDIT: it seems that the gatsu's sword texture is missin' since the sword is all white, also i can't hear any music

RE-EDIT: I've started a new game and now the musics work but the sword still appear white (without texture) :?

(also, what do I have to do after joinin' the hawk's party? raise my reknown and join' the midland kingdom?)
The sword will look fine if you run in dx7 I had the iron_shader_ffp on it which makes all weapons like glow white in dx9 mode. If you open the Brf file the sword is in go to the material tab and look for swordtip_auv change the shader to iron_shader_ps.  But it does have textures. I'll be working on a patch because some of the helms have an odd shadow effect in dx9 mode as well I'll change them to iron_shader_ps and post a patch shortly.  Brf's will be all I need to change so the patch will be small.  And yes you need to join Midland and keep raising your renown.  At 1000 renown the king will give you the quest to conquer Doldrey. The music problem is wierd but I remember experiencing it once. Once I exited out and started again the music started playing see if that works.  It seems to not play the music when you switch the module you are playing in the startup screen.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 08:38:58 PM by Berserker Pride »

CinuzIta

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2009, 08:37:12 PM »

The sword will look fine if you run in dx7 I had the iron_shader_ffp on it which makes all weapons like glow white in dx9 mode.  But it does have textures. I'll be working on a patch because some of the helms have an odd shadow effect in dx9 mode as well.  Brf's will be all I need to change so the patch will be small.  And yes you need to join Midland and keep raising your renown.  At 1000 renown the king will give you the quest to conquer Doldrey

oh...okay...so....how do i change from dx9 to dx7?? :P

(amazin'!! while i'm writin' it's just started to playin' tell me why from the anime :mrgreen: )

(click to show/hide)

Berserker Pride

• View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2009, 08:41:03 PM »
In the configure tab go to options and look for the option that says to play in dx9 mode.  Click on it a set it to dx7.  I'll fix the problem though just found a new shader that seems to work. Dx9 is prettier after all.

CinuzIta

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2009, 08:43:42 PM »
thank you very much, both for the hint and for the mod :)

(click to show/hide)

Berserker Pride

• View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2009, 08:53:04 PM »
Its really good! Congratulations, you made something great. :D
You might consider the idea to allow people to choose different paths however; in other words, the Berserk setting is awesome, might be cool to make your own hero since the main story of the manga is something that somehow sounds uncommon (luckily! or the world would be overrun by gods-demons :P).
Still something like this will be needed only after finishing the main story line a hundred times, so no worries  :mrgreen:
Thats true I wasn't going to add a female character because the story is about Gutts but people like choices(and instagib bows) so I added her in.  Right now the quests for her are identical except she doesn't have enough strength to wield the Dragonslayer so she gets power bow instead.  I'm thinking of adding a separate apostle line as well.  I already have a commented out line to start as an apostle.  I took it out because it the quest wouldn't make sense at all with an apostle as the lead.  Although you could argue that even Gutts might not be fully human after all he is way too strong. I'll probably add an apostle as a starting choice later when I have some quests for him.  You won't be able to transform though I'm not a god-modder after all. O and if you get a chance look for zodd and fight him he's a part time fortune teller you know.  He won't tell you anything cool unless you beat him.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 09:01:52 PM by Berserker Pride »

Fierce Headmaster

• Hi! My name is Skippy.
  • Count
  • Respect existence or expect resistance
    • Skype - hefesto42
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • M&BWB
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2009, 08:56:19 PM »
This mod's power is OVER NINE THOUSANDS!  :lol:
I was beginning to read modding tutorials, wings3D tutorials, just to make a mod like this! Guts is a real killing machine =p
I have an suggestion: you can do a Griffith version of the game, where you go out to conquer your own kingdom, as he wants.

Oh, and Zodd is awfully ugly xD

And a question: I conquered a castle before signing as mercenary to Midland because no lord invites me... they will sign me if I own a castle without being a lord or I'll have to leave it without garrison so someone can conquer it?
"Today is not the day I die."
- Man who died that very day

Commission translations from me on Fiverr (EN-US to PT-BR), if you so desire, here.

Queen Pinky

• Marquis
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2009, 08:56:35 PM »
i believe i shall download this

Berserker Pride

• View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2009, 09:05:42 PM »
This mod's power is OVER NINE THOUSANDS!  :lol:
I was beginning to read modding tutorials, wings3D tutorials, just to make a mod like this! Guts is a real killing machine =p
I have an suggestion: you can do a Griffith version of the game, where you go out to conquer your own kingdom, as he wants.

Oh, and Zodd is awfully ugly xD

And a question: I conquered a castle before signing as mercenary to Midland because no lord invites me... they will sign me if I own a castle without being a lord or I'll have to leave it without garrison so someone can conquer it?
Wow you already took a castle? Which factions? I guess I made Gutts strong and gave you strong companions though.  Pippin is a strong as you too but slower.  Did you see the Pippin screenshot on the main page? Its pretty funny.  Um yea you might just have to leave the castle ungarrisoned and let it be conquered if you want to join a faction.

Nidion

• Regular
  • Permanently Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2009, 09:07:39 PM »
Whats with Hanafubukus village like in the corner?
I tried to get there but it seems like there is no way to get to it.