Where We Stand

Users who are viewing this thread

Elenmmare

Let this serve as both a progress report and an action plan.

So, after our latest release, what have we been doing?

• Working on new models (especially recently with a large influx of new offers)
  • Working on new scenes (this, not so much. Our scene maker, WhySoSerious, has however made a new and improved quick battle scene)
  • Fixing any bugs in the last version. Kardio has the latest version of the code, but he is taking a break for now. He is still working on the bugfixes, however.

Where do we go from here?

In my opinion, the mod is still incomplete. It has come a huge way from where it started, but there is so much more we could add. For now though, I have a few things in mind I would like to change - most importantly, I would love to improve the feel of the game, and how smooth the design is.

There are some simple ways to do this:

• Tweak the damages by just a bit. As it is, to me, some fights can get frustratingly slow because of the tough armour on a lot of the men.
  • Change the in-game interface. This means new/no menu pictures, perhaps a revamped menu screen, and every interface screen rextextured
  • Some overall map texture changes to shift some textures from looking 'cartoony' to 'vibrant'
  • 'Trimming down' of any clunky features. I know this sounds alarming. What I mean is, I hope to add some more unity to certain troops (mostly bandits) with equipment, faces...etc
  • Repositioning of certain towns on the map. Very gradual, slight changes.
  • Adding more 'things' for the player to tweak. This doesn't mean copying every scrap of code I can find - i.e. 'formations', 'kingdom management', 'black jack', but more along the lines of making character traits...etc
  • EDIT: I'm also hope to add in parties of other 'adventurers' - hard, but slow, parties of a few men and one adventure equipped with high quality weapons. Should make for some interesting fights.

I want to see these features in near/far/any future:

• Non-linear quest line for each faction featuring a possibility to take over a faction.
  • Ability to buy/capture/build a hideout for your adventurer with ability to upgrade it to castle/town through different stages.
  • Expanded magic, with more options for the player and lords and some unique critters; with possible "mages" command group to issue orders separately from infantry/archers/cavalry.
  • Addition to the point above: companion-specific spells/abilities, so each companion is unique. However it needs background work and development of the companions in the whole.
  • Minor factions with small amount of "side quests" if you manage to make peace with them. I can try to provide models/scenery.

There're much more things I want to see in this mod, however these are the first in my list so far. I know that it would take a lot of time and mod team may not like some of them, I just post them here, maybe you'll find something from this list suitable to make.

and an action plan.
Any plan can be changed :smile:. I just thought that this thread is a bit empty and a suggestion won't hurt to be posted here.
By the way, your face is blue :smile:. Is it necessary to post obvious facts?

On topic: I like the proposed changes, and I hope we all will have time to dedicate.

actually that's not quite the usual suggestion we get in the thread.

Usually this is what we get.  :wink:

I thinkz it would be f**king cool and awesome for this game to implement a 15 foot tall giant cyclo-minotaur-spider-looking-batman on a unicycle with 6 hands, swords in 3 hands, hammers in 3 hands, and firing lazars out of his eyes and *******.

I don't think it's cool. It just makes no sense at all.
Lol.

P.S. Does anybody really do THIS kind of suggestions ? o_O

well, we did have people suggesting things that would need tons of scripting if it's even possible to do, and they are just basically pulling their ideas one after another out of their arses.

I'll have to stop modding for a few days, family problem.  :mrgreen:

edit : and the most memorable suggestion. The 'I suggest u improve' suggestion. One person went "I suggest you start making the mod less laggy" or "I suggest you start giving the planelords some love" It sounded more like a mob threat (in classic godfather style) than a suggestion :lol:.

Hehe, it almost makes me want to add in a pink T-shirt called "Some Love" just because of it.

Edit: Actually, that gave me an idea - I wonder if somewhere in the future, we could model a custom tree for the Planelords? If not to make it more original (we could give it creamy sides), it could be to reduce the lag. That'd be a huge help for people with slower computers.

I thinkz it would be f**king cool and awesome for this game to implement a 15 foot tall giant cyclo-minotaur-spider-looking-batman on a unicycle with 6 hands, swords in 3 hands, hammers in 3 hands, and firing lazars out of his eyes and *******.

But that is f**king cool and awesome! :lol:

Marche said:

But that is f**king cool and awesome! :lol:
Ah, now I see where it comes from.

Elenmmare: Sorry, I didn't get it. Which TREE? We already have an unique troop tree for them :smile:. Just explain please.

He meant a tree mesh to be used in the terrain near the planelord woods  :lol:

A custom tree with lower tris count would be good for the fps.
But what about making the combat map for the woods smaller? Possible? Because IMO, the forest map does not cause enough cramping of troops  yet. We need to make cavalry obsolete.  :lol:

Both are good ideas. Since Kardio, being the clever coder he is, made an actual scene for the Planelord forests, it's easy to change the size of it.

I realise the suggestion thread is closed and i did not want to start a new topic so i'm just gonna say it here. Do you know when you attack a castle/city and sometimes there is a counter attack? You should make these men ride out on horses.

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
U mean when they sally out?
Nope. That happens in all mods. But in this sometimes when you begin the siege it says the enemies have opened the gates to launch a counter attack

here is my sugestion to. in later versions  maybe after a month or two youre kingdom might come to find you and so they start in a random small island and you have an 50-100 (depends on story you choose to have before playing the mod) And they can have their own storyline too.

muter3456 said:
IDK were else to post this but some trees are walk throughable in the forest map :shock: Is that normal?!?! :shock:

Heh, its a glitch with M&B. Or at least the module system; never played a mod without that glitch.

Back
Top Bottom