Author Topic: Suggestion thread.  (Read 13203 times)

Dudro

• -Fortis et Fidus
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
Re: Suggestion thread.
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2009, 03:53:35 PM »
Yeah, I spose.

Lord Kehm

• Knight
  • What is, what was, what will.
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Thracius
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2009, 11:41:53 PM »
For a mod to be a complete hit, one cannot just add new maps, units, etc. They have to bring something new to the table, something that will grasp and hold the interest of the M&Bers and solidify your mods position as a top pick for all of time. That thing you will have to find out for yourself. :wink:
But I recommend you add invasion forces of people like Vikings (Be creative with the different invasion forces troops), like in the Sword Of Damocles Mod. Have other timely events, like in the Prophesy of Pendor mod, announce them so the player understands whats happening.

Dudro

• -Fortis et Fidus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2009, 11:54:36 PM »
Not anything that never happened.  It wouldn't make sense.  The "best" feature, in my opinion, is the massive map, but maybe I'm the only one who likes it.  I can't have random invading vikings, because they're already there, and the "Northmen" never came to Britain till later.

touareg

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • M&BWB
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 02:30:31 PM »
I like the map, nice and big, not so many villages so it doesn't look overpopulated, which would be also inadequate. What I don't like is the map border bug (ok, some know how to fix it but some don't).

Some things I find a bit awkward: E.g. medieval town settings. I know it would be to much work to replace settlements with a bit more correct buildings, but one can still dream (maybe when gutekfiutek's vaegir pack comes?). Also I would maybe recommend removing some anachronistic items like surcoats etc.

All in all I enjoy playing this mod. Keep it up.

P.S. It is not possible to make "static" alliances in this game, right? So that some factions do not declare war against certain others. As far as I remember from my studies (medieval studies at uni -.-") the "saxons" were more or less called into the land to help against the picts. Would be cool to start like that (I play saxons, because I am partly of saxon descent haha).

ni Dieu ni maître

Dudro

• -Fortis et Fidus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2009, 03:08:27 PM »
Yes, the medieval towns are something I would love to get rid of, but I can't find a scene editor, and I can't do it myself.  Yet, anyways.

I've tried making certain factions in a state of permenant war, but it doesn't seem to work.  I was thinking Camulod vs. Cornwall, Romans vs. Saxons vs. Picts.

MorgTzu

• Squire
  • Riding the plains since .6x!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2009, 07:40:56 PM »
My informal review so I dont start a new thread thingy.

I like it. Great effort. There ;)

I fixed the map, added the multiple siege ladders, added my own music mod, added the realistic sound pak, the improved map textures and scene textures ( a compilation of Graph-enhancement 2.5 & colorful) and panaromic mod.

Love the hunting, though I feel like two meats per deer would make it more than a novelty.

Love the map, though a simulated ship journey instead of land-bridge would be nice eyecandy, it's an afterthought.

If you put any time into dialog, consider adding something special to Arthur...perhaps a few special quests or even a search for a unique item or two would add just that something special to make the mod more moody in line with the books and time period.

'nuff said. Thanks for your time and talent.
~A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.~ 
 -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Dudro

• -Fortis et Fidus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2009, 10:39:47 PM »
Thanks man!  But, is it just me, or did I add the "realistic sound pack"?  Did you mean more metal sounds?  Because I think I added that for sure.

MorgTzu

• Squire
  • Riding the plains since .6x!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2009, 02:49:13 PM »
The sounds folder was empty; it's not a biggie, I think most folks already have the realistic/mo metal pak or know how to add it.

And to stay on topic: Like you said, I think the best feature is the map. It is easily the best/ most varried of all the British mod maps. Do you have any ideas for what you would like to enhance or work on within the mod for future releases?
~A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.~ 
 -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Dudro

• -Fortis et Fidus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2009, 12:17:41 AM »
Yes, I do.  Here are some of the things that come to mind right now.
-Making the Romans leave after a few months.
-Permanent war between some factions, as I stated before.
-Making boats, or at least something akin to that.
Those are just a few of other things that don't come to mind right now.

touareg

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
  • M&BWB
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2009, 12:25:19 AM »
Sounds good!

I don't know much about M&B-modding, but when I traveled the map and passed from the main island over to ireland, I thought it would be cool to make ferrys or just only boats like in other mods and remove the fjords. Coolest would be when the player would be forced to set over only by ferry. You go to a port town, pay for ferry that automatically brings you to another port. Well, I don't know what's possible to make… just a little idea. :)

Keep it up!

ni Dieu ni maître

Dudro

• -Fortis et Fidus
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2009, 01:00:42 AM »
That's actually an idea I had for getting across a long time ago, when I was making the mod, but I dismissed it as something I couldn't do.  Actually, I have a trick up my sleeve, as long as Ruthven plays along.

touareg

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
  • M&BWB
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2009, 01:27:34 AM »
Too bad. But no reason to be discouraged (most of this coding stuff is beyond my logic, so I understand completely). I cannot guess your trick. But what about making a port scene, place a ferryman there, player talks to ferryman like "take me to …", pays, player is placed into next town. Ok, maybe I better stop my stupid suggestions. :lol:

Good luck!

ni Dieu ni maître

Ruthven

• Revs lil' helper
  • Baron
  • crushie crushie crushie
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: irc://Ruthven
  • WBM&BVC
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2009, 03:01:56 AM »
Too bad. But no reason to be discouraged (most of this coding stuff is beyond my logic, so I understand completely). I cannot guess your trick. But what about making a port scene, place a ferryman there, player talks to ferryman like "take me to …", pays, player is placed into next town. Ok, maybe I better stop my stupid suggestions. :lol:

Good luck!
That would work fine, actually.

tommylaw

• Grandmaster Knight
  • Hodor.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2009, 05:33:38 PM »
Would be applicable on rivers.

Dudro

• -Fortis et Fidus
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2009, 09:57:54 PM »
Yeah, big rivers could have it too.  I'm currently experimenting with a very interesting idea, which I will enlighten you all with later.