Suggestion thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

I multiplied the map coordinates by 1.5 and now it is OK. I would like if northern Scotland would be added. Map is huge and this way it seems to me it is still too empty. It would be fine to add some further villages or castles or even towns yet to be country was more poupulated. I would add some further bands, more troops yet, larger forests and so on because when I roaming around the country there is still too much quiet everywhere here. And because of huge map I would increase the speed of all movements at map a little yet. I would only do the mod more action yet. Map is still a little monotonous and I would recommend to add for example Stonehange, lake Loch Ness in Scotland and some further historical sights but I wouldn't want repeating myself because I sugested it already. Anyway mod seems to me quite good now. :wink:

Bigger bandit patrols, I was thinking size 50-80.
They're too easy at the moment.

Since its from a book, more epic battles.

Also making heroes higher LVL and making them cost a lot more.

Rad said:
I would recommend to add for example Stonehange, lake Loch Ness in Scotland and some further historical sights but I wouldn't want repeating myself because I sugested it already. Anyway mod seems to me quite good now. :wink:

yes, and even a riconstruction of the adrian wall! you could use the wall's model to make it on the map... :smile:

anyway i like the map as it is... :grin:

haste said:
Bigger bandit patrols, I was thinking size 50-80.
They're too easy at the moment.
They're patrol parties, not armies.

haste said:
Since its from a book, more epic battles.
I like battle sizes the way they are, making it bigger would just make the last few rounds dull.

haste said:
Also making heroes higher LVL and making them cost a lot more.
Perhaps companions from the book? I do agree with the above though.

CinuzIta said:
yes, and even a riconstruction of the adrian wall! you could use the wall's model to make it on the map... :smile:
Hadrian's Wall wouldn't be a bad idea, if a use could be found for it, how does a wall work on m and b?

Also, some new books that only can be received through quests, adding +1-+2 to certain skills.

You will want a scene for Hadrians wall then. Because contrary to popular believe it was'nt a true barrier to Scotland. Trade and people passed through the wall. Though Pictish tribes were right out as the reason for construction was them.

Though that may be obvious as you dont want 20 percent of the map cut off :grin:

wouldnt walls make it hard for the AI not to end up stranded in a small corner of the map etc???...I think the AI cant handle walls.....

I read an idea once, which I think was Herby's.  I could just make a strip of land that really slows you down.

Dudro said:
I read an idea once, which I think was Herby's.  I could just make a strip of land that really slows you down.

A strip of land that really slows you down......sounds like a graveyard to me...just kiddin.....so it would act like forrest (slow down x 10) and perhaps look like fortification??.....that is a really great idea!

For a mod to be a complete hit, one cannot just add new maps, units, etc. They have to bring something new to the table, something that will grasp and hold the interest of the M&Bers and solidify your mods position as a top pick for all of time. That thing you will have to find out for yourself. :wink:
But I recommend you add invasion forces of people like Vikings (Be creative with the different invasion forces troops), like in the Sword Of Damocles Mod. Have other timely events, like in the Prophesy of Pendor mod, announce them so the player understands whats happening.

Not anything that never happened.  It wouldn't make sense.  The "best" feature, in my opinion, is the massive map, but maybe I'm the only one who likes it.  I can't have random invading vikings, because they're already there, and the "Northmen" never came to Britain till later.

I like the map, nice and big, not so many villages so it doesn't look overpopulated, which would be also inadequate. What I don't like is the map border bug (ok, some know how to fix it but some don't).

Some things I find a bit awkward: E.g. medieval town settings. I know it would be to much work to replace settlements with a bit more correct buildings, but one can still dream (maybe when gutekfiutek's vaegir pack comes?). Also I would maybe recommend removing some anachronistic items like surcoats etc.

All in all I enjoy playing this mod. Keep it up.

P.S. It is not possible to make "static" alliances in this game, right? So that some factions do not declare war against certain others. As far as I remember from my studies (medieval studies at uni -.-") the "saxons" were more or less called into the land to help against the picts. Would be cool to start like that (I play saxons, because I am partly of saxon descent haha).

Yes, the medieval towns are something I would love to get rid of, but I can't find a scene editor, and I can't do it myself.  Yet, anyways.

I've tried making certain factions in a state of permenant war, but it doesn't seem to work.  I was thinking Camulod vs. Cornwall, Romans vs. Saxons vs. Picts.

Back
Top Bottom