Author Topic: Bug reports! Please look at the first page before reporting them!  (Read 20145 times)

Nickds01

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
Re: Bug reports!
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2009, 05:49:55 AM »
I've restarted the Mod a few times and I am coming across the same "bug".  I build up my army(Roman-Britain faction) and followers without swearing allegiance to any lord.  I start to take out the Cornish faction.  After I take over one or more settlements I go to Camp, Take Action, Kingdom Actions, Change Kingdom Culture, Change it to Roman-British.  I can not recruit anyone from any village under my control.  I can recruit from other cultures.  I have not assigned any lords/vassals to any of my settlements.  Is there anything I can do to get my villages to allow me to recruit from them and for them to be in the culture I select?

Thank you.

Dudro

• -Fortis et Fidus
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2009, 07:18:50 AM »
Hmmmmm... Interesting...  I'll take a look into it.

Blankin

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • WB
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2009, 03:51:45 PM »
About the bug I reported, I just checked, the map limits are wrong in the map editor.

Dudro

• -Fortis et Fidus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2009, 06:11:03 PM »
Gah!
The map is too big, I can't move with my mouse to any part of the map.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,52153.msg1644787.html#msg1644787

Read!

i did.. an got it sorry missed that post
If you read it, you wouldn't have missed it!

I know claim the right to eat you at my leisure.

hey now.... how was I supposed to know before posting that my answer was in that thread? Yes I saw after posting my "bug" that you had posted that, seeing I always go to the last post made and I did read it. sorry

LOL an I do like the in game battle the enemies are listed as Allies :P Seriously how many time can one say "I killed an ally without repercussions?"  :twisted: I found it bit humorous say the least

Nickds01

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2009, 05:28:18 AM »
I've restarted the Mod a few times and I am coming across the same "bug".  I build up my army(Roman-Britain faction) and followers without swearing allegiance to any lord.  I start to take out the Cornish faction.  After I take over one or more settlements I go to Camp, Take Action, Kingdom Actions, Change Kingdom Culture, Change it to Roman-British.  I can not recruit anyone from any village under my control.  I can recruit from other cultures.  I have not assigned any lords/vassals to any of my settlements.  Is there anything I can do to get my villages to allow me to recruit from them and for them to be in the culture I select?

Thank you.

Update:  I added vassals to no avail.  I finally gave in and joined the Saxons, just to see.  All towns under my control became Saxon and started to allow me to recruit Saxon troops.  So it seems if I wanted to create my own kingdom(I know everyone will be against me) I can't recruit troops from my towns.

Any other info you need please let me know.

Dudro

• -Fortis et Fidus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2009, 03:10:33 PM »
Oh, right, I forgot, I changed it so towns change recruits when under control of other factions, but for now, you'll have to deal, I'm afraid.  I'll look into fixing it.

Chopa

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sarranid
  • MP nick: Guard_BD_Fiq_Al_Mata
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2009, 04:54:35 AM »
   Excellent mod...thank you very much! Now I'll have to go get the Jack White novels from the library and read them again. But first to finish Cornwell's  "Agincourt".....and play a little Hundred Years War.....damn, so many mods, so little time..:-)

Bug: When you go deer-hunting and run out of ammo, hit "P" and you re-spawn at the luggage with a full set of reloads, as you ramble the map looking for deer, you meet YOURSELF wherever you left him! :-S. I haven't tried to kill myself yet as I feel a black hole time-space continuum paradox coming on and would hate to be the one responsible for the destruction of the earth before my birthday rolls around.
  By the way, when you exit bambi-slaying mode you get ALL the deer meat from however many respawns you indulged in..:-)

Proud recipient of the "Order of the Purple Helmet of Ivan The Terrible"
"Wardog" of the Bulldog Clan

TITANAS84

• Sergeant at Arms
  • «πας μη Έλλην βάρβαρος»
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2009, 09:53:34 AM »
something wrong with map,is difficult to see the down area of map.
«Ω ξειν, αγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις, ότι τήδε κείμεθα, τοις κείνων ρήμασι πειθόμενοι.»

Dudro

• -Fortis et Fidus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2009, 03:26:16 PM »
   Excellent mod...thank you very much! Now I'll have to go get the Jack White novels from the library and read them again. But first to finish Cornwell's  "Agincourt".....and play a little Hundred Years War.....damn, so many mods, so little time..:-)

Bug: When you go deer-hunting and run out of ammo, hit "P" and you re-spawn at the luggage with a full set of reloads, as you ramble the map looking for deer, you meet YOURSELF wherever you left him! :-S. I haven't tried to kill myself yet as I feel a black hole time-space continuum paradox coming on and would hate to be the one responsible for the destruction of the earth before my birthday rolls around.
  By the way, when you exit bambi-slaying mode you get ALL the deer meat from however many respawns you indulged in..:-)

Well I knew about the second thing you mentioned, but the "meeting" yourself is a bit weird.  Not my code though, it's Highlanders.

Jemzz

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2009, 12:45:19 AM »
Just the border problem where i cant zoom in on the outer parts of the map's is all i can see wrong well that and for a huge map there is like barely any towns :(
Don't you just wanna get your walrus on?

Dudro

• -Fortis et Fidus
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2009, 01:21:47 AM »
If somebody asks me one more time about the map, I'm gonna blow! 

Check the first page please.

SandmanX2

• Veteran
  • These Colors Don't Run
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • M&BWBWF&SVC
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2009, 07:26:19 AM »
Just the border problem where i cant zoom in on the outer parts of the map's is all i can see wrong well that and for a huge map there is like barely any towns :(

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,52153.msg1644787.html#msg1644787

jus open M&B Directory > Modules > The Eagle and the Wolves > module

It starts out:
module_name = Calradia
map_min_x   = -105
map_max_x   =  105
map_min_y   = -105
map_max_y   =  105

Change it to:
module_name = Calradia
map_min_x   = -157.5
map_max_x   =  157.5
map_min_y   = -157.5
map_max_y   =  157.5

That easy! Your finished... Welcome to the Mod!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 08:31:10 AM by SandmanX2 »

Gromm

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
Re: Bug reports! Please look at the first page before reporting them!
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2009, 03:45:04 PM »
There are certain areas on the map that don't really exist  :roll:
I've got the quest from King Ullic asking me to take a message to Captain Eadric of the Saxons who's supposed to be at Garrianum. When I press the "Show On the Map" button it leads me to some place in the middle of nowhere. Somewhere near Colchester where no Garrianum can be found. There is also at least one more location that cannot be found the same way.
Don’t care much about how pretty the start button looks like in Windows 7.
I don’t have sex with my operating system, I just click start and run the desired app.
                                                                                                            milly

tommylaw

• Grandmaster Knight
  • Hodor.
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2009, 05:32:32 PM »
If somebody asks me one more time about the map, I'm gonna blow! 

Check the first page please.

It was a forlorn hope that putting it on the first page of the bug thread was going to catch the attention of people. The naivety of us...

Dudro

• -Fortis et Fidus
    • View Profile
Re: Bug reports! Please look at the first page before reporting them!
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2009, 09:59:34 PM »
Haha!

And Gromm, could it be the map bug as well?  Have you fixed yours?  I know the cities exist, but unless it is the map bug, any other reason would be beyond me.