AlphaDelta's Viking developing corner

Users who are viewing this thread

ad_viking_shields_01.jpg

I think there are 4 types of round shields according to their strength. Beware. Also I can't give them all to one unit. It would make variety but it produces to much loot. I can give 2-3 per unit.

So more variation in items = more loot? Seems strange.

So could you do something like this:

Nord recruit - ad_viking_shield 1 - 3
Nord footman - ad_viking_shield 4 - 6
Nord trained footman - ad_viking_shield 7 - 9
Nord Swordsman/Nord cavalry - ad_viking shield 10 - 12

Currently nord recruits don't have shields but I think they should really. I'll make the final 3 shields more intricate so they are suitable for elite warriors.

Also what tool do I use to edit the mesh itself?

One thing you'll notice about those viking re-enactors is that if they're not wearing mail, they're wearing tunics. So I'm planning on making maybe 6 different tunics. It would be great if those tunics could be worn by the nord recruit and footmen. Afterall, it's permanently summer in the nord lands so why would they be wearin fur coats :razz:

Cheers

AlphaDelta said:
So more variation in items = more loot? Seems strange.

So could you do something like this:

Nord recruit - ad_viking_shield 1 - 3
Nord footman - ad_viking_shield 4 - 6
Nord trained footman - ad_viking_shield 7 - 9
Nord Swordsman/Nord cavalry - ad_viking shield 10 - 12

Currently nord recruits don't have shields but I think they should really. I'll make the final 3 shields more intricate so they are suitable for elite warriors.

Also what tool do I use to edit the mesh itself?

One thing you'll notice about those viking re-enactors is that if they're not wearing mail, they're wearing tunics. So I'm planning on making maybe 6 different tunics. It would be great if those tunics could be worn by the nord recruit and footmen. Afterall, it's permanently summer in the nord lands so why would they be wearin fur coats :razz:

Cheers

You posted this in 5 am? Damn boy!  :???:

No problem about the distribution of shields but I will not give tunics that have less protection to units that have mail. This is not a history mod. Tunics ok for the recruits but my footmen have mail and I am not making them lighter.

AlphaDelta said:
Nick I sent you a private message with the files :smile:

They seem fine. Shield look amazing!  :grin: Thank you a lot.  :oops: As I wrote you need to make lod files too so they are as genuine.

Also they seem to be all the same strength. As you noticed weaker troop have ragged shields and higher tier have more armored. I have to make at least 2 types. Though they can look the same and have different stats but that's not the real thing than.

Nick,

I'll reduce the weathering on the best 3 elite shields. That way they can be 50% stronger.

Also I'll make 01, 02 and 03 heavily weathered so they can be the battered shields.

LOD's hmm..I can just use the vanilla one..Just have to find it again.

EDIT: I've now added all the LOD's. i know why people dont make 15 variations of the same shield now LOL!

Can't wait to see some screenshots!  :grin:

Cheers

Awesome, and might I add, extremely quick work Alpha. Can't wait to see these in game. Are these in the new version Nick?

hotcobbler said:
Awesome, and might I add, extremely quick work Alpha. Can't wait to see these in game. Are these in the new version Nick?

Well logic says he just uploaded it now and 1.501 is out so no.  :shock: I have to import them. Give them stats and distribute it to the soldiers.

AlphaDelta said:
Nick,

I'll reduce the weathering on the best 3 elite shields. That way they can be 50% stronger.

Also I'll make 01, 02 and 03 heavily weathered so they can be the battered shields.

LOD's hmm..I can just use the vanilla one..Just have to find it again.

EDIT: I've now added all the LOD's. i know why people dont make 15 variations of the same shield now LOL!

Can't wait to see some screenshots!  :grin:

Cheers

As I can see shields 13, 14 and 15 are better looking? So they will be stronger!  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom