EGIII Development (v0.95e PATCH)

Users who are viewing this thread

PATCH EGIII v0.93
(save game compatible with 0.92, but new game required for troops to get equipment changes)
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=1&id=733

version 0.93 changelog:

-added one more set of choices at character creation

-fixed typing mistakes in two places
-fixed some bows still having piercing damage

-increased speed of all bows
-slightly increased damage of two handed mauls
-Lord's armies now contain a higher proportion of lower tier units
-lowered costs of Khergit units, added more spears and maces to their equipment, added gloves
-changed Khergit Heavy Swordsman to Khergit Guard, an armored infantry unit, adjusted Khergit troop tree
-added armored warhorses to Horsemen of Reyvadin
-increased damage of piercing arrows
-adjusted some item weights
-increased prisoner ransom prices five times
-added low skill requirements to the best shields
-increased size of battle map
-gave the fallen their weapons back
-adjusted deserter parties to have more variation in party size and grow faster
-increased traveling merchant starting strength by +1
-reduces strength requirements on many low-damage items
-increased starting power draw of skilled hunter from 10 to 11
-increased starting power draw of khergit prince from 8 to 9
-increased starting riding of khergit prince from 5 to 7, horse archer from 4 to 6, starting agility by +1 and starting intelligence by +1

Very nice changes growing rate of the deserters going up is good, I feel like a lack of 50+ armies for mid players to fight in the mod. Also cant wait for the change on the enemy lords elite units, fighting a 50 man army lord with 20 elite units in it is not cool =(

Kazdum said:
Chel said:
if you can run it with such high numbers and decent graphics you could make a pretty good movie :smile:

(that crashing isn't what I'm talking about, that is most likely your comp not being able to handle that many units because many of the models used in the mod do not have LOD versions and are higher poly than native models)

Thats what I thoguht, thats why I reduced, and I will be posting some videos soon ^^ its a shame it wont be with 800 tho =(

I only run M&B on my notebook, but DANG, that many troops would be insane to see :smile:, especially with EGIII.  Can't wait to see vids.

It says a new game is required for troops to get equipment changes, and maybe this is a dumb question, but I'll throw it out there.

If I disband all of my current fighting force and just re-hire a bunch of guys, will the changes still happen?  I would much rather rebuild my armada than work my way back up to where my char is right now.  I'd just be way too impatient to get my barbarian char back up to his current level of awesomeness.

Kazdum said:
Have one posted at the SS and videos thread, has about 250 troops at the same time.

Sweet :grin:!

Lymphatic said:
It says a new game is required for troops to get equipment changes, and maybe this is a dumb question, but I'll throw it out there.

If I disband all of my current fighting force and just re-hire a bunch of guys, will the changes still happen?  I would much rather rebuild my armada than work my way back up to where my char is right now.  I'd just be way too impatient to get my barbarian char back up to his current level of awesomeness.

and what level of awesomeness is he at? able to solo 50-strong bear clan party? :smile:

probably it will work. the only equipment changes are:
horsemen of reyvadin got armored warhorses
khergit heavy swordsmen redone into khergit guards
khergit warriors and horsemen are more likely to carry maces and spears

I dont think so, it probably only changes when it generates the troops in the game starting itself.

Lymphatic said:
I would much rather rebuild my armada than work my way back up to where my char is right now.  I'd just be way too impatient to get my barbarian char back up to his current level of awesomeness.

You could import and export your barbarian.

Yeah if its only for the char level, I dont see a problem just importing, plus if I am not mistaken there is also new classes tom píck from, might as well take a look at those, I am not sure yet if I will start over the band of the hawk, I am paying 27.000 a week for them, having to pilage villages and all lords I see in front of me to pay them rofl.

Chel said:
and what level of awesomeness is he at? able to solo 50-strong bear clan party? :smile:

Not quite, but I'm gettin' there :smile:

grimwald said:
You could import and export your barbarian.

Oh yeah, I can't believe I didn't think of that :???:...  I knew I was gonna end up feeling dumb.  Thanks for the help anyway.

Either bows need some tweaking or the powerdraw (+14% each point plus skill requirement for the bow) need to be nerfed. The most powerful bows are kind of useless, since using a less power draw requirement bows will give you more damage, and more time of accuracy.
Example:
Vaegir Bow: Damage 24, requires Power Draw 7. If you use it with PD 9 you  have 24*1.28=30.72
Strong Vaegir Bow: Dmg 27, requires PD 9.
Strong War Bow: Dmg 30, PD 10

I feel like a damn Rambo with the Hunter, killing 80% myself of small partys of bandits with no risks.  :mrgreen: This character has a great advantage: you start with the best weapon you can get, while the Barbarian neeeds more STR and money to buy better weapons. On the other hand, the Barbarian can win most tournaments easily :roll:

Should we keep posting impressions / suggestions / bugs in each new changelog thread or here?

Jaeke said:
Did you change the armour soak of cutting damage?

no, why?

Danath said:
Either bows need some tweaking or the powerdraw (+14% each point plus skill requirement for the bow) need to be nerfed. The most powerful bows are kind of useless, since using a less power draw requirement bows will give you more damage, and more time of accuracy.
Example:
Vaegir Bow: Damage 24, requires Power Draw 7. If you use it with PD 9 you  have 24*1.28=30.72
Strong Vaegir Bow: Dmg 27, requires PD 9.
Strong War Bow: Dmg 30, PD 10

I feel like a damn Rambo with the Hunter, killing 80% myself of small partys of bandits with no risks.  :mrgreen: This character has a great advantage: you start with the best weapon you can get, while the Barbarian neeeds more STR and money to buy better weapons. On the other hand, the Barbarian can win most tournaments easily :roll:

Should we keep posting impressions / suggestions / bugs in each new changelog thread or here?

I didn't realise bows work this way! So only power draw levels above the requirement add to damage?

Forget it, I messed it. It always add bonus, the only limit is that the bonus doesn't apply more than 4 levels higher than the bow.

A bow that requires PD 5, and you have 11= the bonus is 9. So the problem is with low level bows, not high. Not a problem in this mod.
Time to buy a new bow for my character...great, even more speed, I'll feel bad when I reload-cheat with the chest  :lol:

Hmmm, extracted the v0.93 patch into the EGIII folder in Modules but when I start the game it still shows "EGIII v0.92" in the Current Modules window.

Have I screwed the pooch on my patching, or do I just need to go somewhere to edit my version#?

Chopa said:
Hmmm, extracted the v0.93 patch into the EGIII folder in Modules but when I start the game it still shows "EGIII v0.92" in the Current Modules window.

Have I screwed the pooch on my patching, or do I just need to go somewhere to edit my version#?

that's just the folder name. When you start new game it should show 'welcome to EGIII 0.93' on the world map, so its fine.

My wandering barabarian doesnt stand a chance against any great number of bear clan, but my khergit khan can rather easily take them on, pillaging bear clan that is. Tried a two handed sword, was fine.  A few rare very low damage hits on heavily armoured units. Definitely have to have a set of heavy piercing arrows in your inventory if you are a horse archer.

Back
Top Bottom