EGIII Development (v0.95e PATCH)

Users who are viewing this thread

Chel

Master Knight
Version 0.95e PATCH

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=733

- New Game Required

This patch is based on the excellent patch 0.95d made by Rongar and includes all of his improvements and most of the changes. You can see them here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,72594.0.html In addition it has several other changes, see below.

-Fixed bug of player unable to use his chest in a captured castle.
-Fixed bug of Repeating Crossbow being unusable in 0.95d.

-made fallen parties slightly more rare
-gave Vaegir special arrows that are high damage but low ammo. They now cannot sustain fire nearly as long as Khergit archers.
-reduced base ransom amounts by 50%, but Prisoner Management skill now increases ransom amount by 25% instead of 20% per skill level.
-reverted Khergit warriors and guards to foot soldiers. Kept scourges dressed in heavy armor.
-removed experimental Inventor troops from the game.
-slightly reduced Khergit guard power strike and ironflesh, increased athletics.
-reduced speed of Titan bow from 110 to 70.
-increased damage of throwing stones from 12 to 13.

to do before 1.00:
-new starting characters
-morale, possibly
-improved troop trees
-companion
-new enemy types and minor factions
-alliance with minor factions

planned features to be added in 1.00:
-storyline with main goal and many quests
-Onyx Brotherhood
-special combat abilities and class specialization

Kazdum said:
Will the next patch break saves? Also, a suggestion here, to raise the money given as reward for taking castles.

castle capture and tournament win prizes increased.
yes, it will require a new game because I am going to add some new items (charms) and that will screw up all equipment (or it used to in older M&B versions)

great job chel. one of the best mods iv seen,
i wanted to ask something; will you add some feature like kingdom managment;

Oh yeah!  Chel, there were two other things I wanted to say/ask:

1) Can I just say that I absolutely love most of the Vaegir chainmail armor.  The color and textures are fantastic, although I may not always use them, just because some of them are so heavy and a good set of thick or reinforced heraldic mail will do a bit better.  I'm not complaining or asking for a change.  I'm just saying I really, really like the way that the chainmail, overall, looks.  Some of my favorite armor from any of the mods.  Not sure if it's yours (I'm too lazy to look at the credits...  Sorry), or borrowed, but mad props to whomever is responsible.

2) Is there a troop tree somewhere I might be able to take a look at?  I'm trying to figure out the "best" kind or army to build up and I'm looking for some good siege-type units, something similar to the merc crossbowmen, but better, if that makes sense.  Anyhow, I figured that (troop tree) would give me a good idea of the kind of units I might want to try training, as I have just been focusing on Swadians and mercs.

Thanks.

there is no troop tree right now, 0.92 will see some slight changes to the troop trees.

those Vaegir armors I got from maw's armor pack, and he got them from a Medieval Total War mod. They are nice indeed.

Chel said:
guys, is anyone else getting a bug when sometimes in a battle you spawn among the enemy party instead of with your guys? or just me?
been playing for 2 hours and nothing like that yet

MoToM said:
Not had that yet, could be fun though, mayhem right from the start.

more like getting killed half a second after you spawn :smile:

made a small change that might fix this and a crashing problem some people reported, re-uploaded patch. Should be savegame compatible with 0.92 games.

Crashes? For me it happens all the time, all mods I am able to support 800 battle siezer and on EGIII I cant put 350 that sometimes crash even when I have 70 vs 70, and its CERTAINLY not my computer. Right now I am playing with around 300 and its not crashing, with the new patch I will try to put it back up for 600+ and see how it goes.

Btw Chel, thank you for listening for our suggestions. glad to see we have a modder that listen to his players.

Kazdum said:
Crashes? For me it happens all the time, all mods I am able to support 800 battle siezer and on EGIII I cant put 350 that sometimes crash even when I have 70 vs 70, and its CERTAINLY not my computer. Right now I am playing with around 300 and its not crashing, with the new patch I will try to put it back up for 600+ and see how it goes.

Btw Chel, thank you for listening for our suggestions. glad to see we have a modder that listen to his players.

if you can run it with such high numbers and decent graphics you could make a pretty good movie :smile:

(that crashing isn't what I'm talking about, that is most likely your comp not being able to handle that many units because many of the models used in the mod do not have LOD versions and are higher poly than native models)

Chel said:
Kazdum said:

if you can run it with such high numbers and decent graphics you could make a pretty good movie :smile:

(that crashing isn't what I'm talking about, that is most likely your comp not being able to handle that many units because many of the models used in the mod do not have LOD versions and are higher poly than native models)

Thats what I thoguht, thats why I reduced, and I will be posting some videos soon ^^ its a shame it wont be with 800 tho =(

I can't even start the game:

RGL ERROR

Unable to open file: Modules\Patch EGIII 0.92\Resource\new_animations.brf ? :O

AWdeV said:

RGL ERROR

the files from Patch EGIII 0.92 folder need to be copied over the files in Expanded Gameplay III folder

or try redownloading.

Chel said:
guys, is anyone else getting a bug when sometimes in a battle you spawn among the enemy party instead of with your guys? or just me?
just happend to me twise
bit funny indeed spawned inside 100 swadians in a siege :S not a very pleasant view but funny as hell :razz:

Chel said:
AWdeV said:

RGL ERROR

the files from Patch EGIII 0.92 folder need to be copied over the files in Expanded Gameplay III folder

or try redownloading.

Oh. Oops. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom