SP Fantasy SAVAGE [released for 1.011]

Users who are viewing this thread

Let me first say it has nothing to do with the game Savage, and all the items in the mod are made by others than me. I've just compiled it  :oops:

DOWNLOAD

VIDEO: Savages vs. Tunkal

GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
A simple mod meant to look and sound good. Not much else. The factions have been completely redone and new mounts have been added.
Without having fantasy elements it's still meant to be fantasy'ish with people riding boars and deer - and wearing psychedelic armour.
Throwing weapons have been made plentiful - several troops have them and you get 12 pcs. per package. Finally they have good use.
Foot combat: You do not want to fight on foot. There are now more cavalry troops on vicious mounts... ride the beast boy!

THE FACTIONS:
1. Tunkal
2. Illumina
3. Moguls
4. Raiders
5. Savages

Features & Credits:
- More Metal sounds by Checkmaty
- Bumpy Textures by Painkiller_Rider
- Better Horses by Saregona
- Punkt's HiRes Textures 2.0 by Punkt
- Boar and Deer Model by Highlander and Vlad Flyzz
- Open Source Viking Pack by AlphaDelta.
- Official Vocals Sound Pack by Rejenorst
- Moss Minimalist HUD by Moss
- OSP helmets - everyone who contributed
- OSP Cloak Pack by Dain Ironfoot
- Various minor tweaks, such as: join any battle, and tavern keepers buy prisoners (priced by their level)

Background story:
Not so much a story, but a description of the factions:
Tunkal - meaning 'dark' in German - represents the Dark Ages with a particular fascination of hell and the apocalypse.
Illumina - or enlightened - represents the Enlightenment. A new age of rationalism, where religious folly is being disputed (some might have heard of Illuminati).
Moguls - obviously referring to Mongols - an invading force of master archers and riders of the steppes.
Raiders have recently come to the land and have build settlements by the shores, pushing onward through the land.
Savages are a congregation of original tribes (natives) joined together against mutual enemies. 

Combat strong points: Heavy cavalry - Devil Ritters, and heavily armoured crossbowmen.

Troop Tree:

Fresh Blood > Devotee > Horn Soldier      > Dragon Horseman  > Devil Ritter
                                                            > Crimson Soldier    > Dark Horn
                                  > Cloak skirmisher > Bull Skirmisher    > Dark rain

Combat strong points: good archers, strong infantry.

Troop Tree:

Dispensable > Believer > Bright Bowman > Glowing Bowman > Silver Bowman
                                  > Light Cavalry  > Dawn Cavalier      > Moon Cavalier
                                                          > Loyal Infantry      > Righteous Guard

Combat strong points: Superior mounted archers and agile deer riders.

Troop tree:

Greenhorn > Hunter > Hoofed Hunter > Rider of Prey
                                                      > Antler          > Gold Rider

inelad.jpg

Combat strong points: Javelin/jarid throwers, and boar riders also good as infantry.

Troop tree:

Settler > Approved Fighter > Bellowing Fighter > Harsh Fighter > Boar Tamer > Berserk Rider
          > Flinger              > Roaring Flinger    > Grim Flinger

2po6vmc.jpg

Combat strong points: Axe throwers and strong boar riders.

Troop Tree:

Raw Meat > Rough Hand > Able Warrior    > Tribal Rider      > Beast Rider
              > Thrower      > Tribal Thrower > Half Face Hurler > Raged Hurler

Screenshots:

A Savage charge

Raiders on the move
2vtwdxs.jpg

The Illumina with King Clair de Lune (to the left) :

Illumina Silver Bowman

The Tunkal with Dunkel the Ruler (to the right):

Gold Riders

Antlers and Riders of Prey in the background:

Battles:

YES! Boars are awesome.
I did a similar modification in RoY where me and my companions rode boars.

I you want I can see if I can assemble some swine sounds. PM me you are interested.

Back
Top Bottom