Your Banners

Users who are viewing this thread

hotcobbler said:
Ahh, yeah, I see what you mean. I did test a bunch of them and noticed that, but most of the ones I tested matched up perfectly. Generally I'm trying to keep the same dominant color as the banner I'm replacing, that way it won't look strange, but I know some of them I changed completely.

Is there a way to change the color of the back in relation to the banner itself?

Yes, there is. Take a look in the forge. A guy made a guide. But its pretty hard.

I haven't really been able to find much out about it. I searched, but I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for. I'm also not a very technical guy, I'm more of an artist, so I'm not great at modding in general. I'm more about the aesthetics side of things.

So I've pretty much reworked all the banners on the first 5 files, but I can't find the last ones. It's the file that includes the black bird banner, mostly Khergit banners I believe. It's weird, I'm looking through all the files for this version and the last, thinking I might have deleted it or renamed it, but no luck. However, my game is still working, so I know they must be in there somewhere. Any ideas?

This is the Tip from the forum you Search. A savegame Incompatible and a savegame compatible way. Do you want a colour code use gimp and click on the black ore white colour field. You can generate your custom colour and in the Box is a code like 1a1a1a (black) this is the code you can use to replace the old colour. To use the self colour as your Sourcout have use the "colourpipette" on your Surcout and the colour code is saved as  foreground colour.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,49886.0.html

I think I'm going to try out the Flag and Banner Standardization pack by yellowmosquito . It takes out a lot of the bad features I've been fighting with redoing all these banners, and makes everything uniform and streamlined. It also allows you to use transparency to shape your banners however you would like, which is a nice feature too.

I'll let you guys know how it goes, but the pack looks simple to implement and I think it would improve L&R's aesthetics a lot.

What I do is start with a banner template I made, but you could use the one in the link I posted, it's pretty good too. It includes a bottom layer with just the flag texture, a middle layer that is transparent, and a top layer with the folds I hand drew a while back.

The folds are the crucial part. What I do is set that layer to "overlay," it makes the whole thing slightly transparent at the highest level, and totally transparent at the lowest. You can also adjust the sliding bar to make it more or less transparent until you find the right spot. I'm sure there's a tutorial somewhere that can explain it better than me, but I'm going out of town today for a celebration so I don't have time to find it.

Don't know if anybody cares, but the banners I'm making are coming out great. I'll give a preview tommorow, I'm over halfway done so it just depends on my new schedule and how ambitious I get with these.

hotcobbler said:
Don't know if anybody cares, but the banners I'm making are coming out great. I'll give a preview tommorow, I'm over halfway done so it just depends on my new schedule and how ambitious I get with these.

Keep on the good work. I care and if you didn't noticed I used one of your banners as default banner in 1.5.

It's sticky now.  :grin:

Well, I appreciate the enthusiasm. Here is a preview that I've been promising for a while. I've got one more set of flags to work on, which I will finish soon, and then 4 sets of flags which shouldn't take as long. Then I have to figure out how to implement them in game, which should be relatively easy. It's just a few lines of text files and adding the new banners to the texture and resource folders. I just haven't bothered with it since I enjoy the artistic side of if more. When that's done I'll want to see them in game so that itself will motivate me :smile:

Here you go:
4snom1.png

bi585t.png

294m05u.png

16kq803.png

281sphv.png

Note: Some are native banners that I thought were done well or tweaked a bit, and some were L&R banners that are just great. The rest I made from scratch and google image search :smile:

@hotcobbler
Great Banners, i like it.

Can you remake two Banners for me?

1. Position line seven second from left
2. Position line nine first from left

I find them better for me with black Background and silver Eagle. And Please makes the Eagles in the middle of the Banner the purple one ist to upward.

Very Thanks from me.

Vaelius Noctu

This is my favorite Banner. So I make some different Versions from them. But you right ist not so creative.^^
But I work on more creative Banners. :mrgreen:

I'm having trouble integrating the banners Nick. I've followed the instructions included in the standardization pack, but they aren't working for me. The game only loads to the point of reading in .INI file, so I know it's the code that's the problem, but I have no idea why as I've followed the instructions to the T.

NM, I fixed it right after I posted that. It was one pesky line of code I didn't see. I'll finish up my last set of banners and try to get them up on filefront today.

Ok, so I got all the banners implemented into 1.5, it's looking good. There's still a few I might go back and fix, but they fit for now.

My only problem is the default banners. I can't get them to load, all the defaults and heraldic armors are simply bright white. Does anyone know the line of code that loads the defaults?

hotcobbler said:
Ok, so I got all the banners implemented into 1.5, it's looking good. There's still a few I might go back and fix, but they fit for now.

My only problem is the default banners. I can't get them to load, all the defaults and heraldic armors are simply bright white. Does anyone know the line of code that loads the defaults?

You are in over your head. The easiest way to do it just make banner_a, banner_b,... dds files and overwrite the ones in Lords module and viola you changed the banners!

I did that before, and the results were less than desirable. The problem is that the native banners have seemingly random V-cuts and some are square, horizontal, etc. This is a big headache, since you have to pre-check every banner you design in game. I wanted to add a bit of uniformity.

The banner standardization pack is great, it allows you control over all those things and uses transparency for the edges between banners to prevent the purple edges you get at times. It also allows you to add your own alpha layers, so you can get creative with the edges of banners without being confined to native's predetermined ones, which may interfere with the designs.

I'm working on it now, I'll just have to try to figure this out.

Back
Top Bottom