Your Banners

Users who are viewing this thread

Ich dachte mir Ich eröffne einen Thread wo jeder seine Banner reinsetzten kann. Auch deswegen weil ich mir schwertue ein eigenes zu Entwerfen.^^

For all of you who makes Banners. And for all of you like me they don't can make Banners.^^

Thanks I use the first left. I have remodeled the Yixis Horse and Placed the red Eagle over the white Libra. So I have a Horse with my Banner too.

But its hard for me to kill the Pixels from Banners like the three, four and five Banners from left. Or to make some ripples on the Banners.^^

Here's one I made real quick for my little brother. He's likes dogs, so I thought I'd do a medieval dogs head.
2mwht0y.png

Did another one, this is just a plain erminois. I'm trying to keep them all somewhat historical using references from the period. I think I'm gonna redo a lot of them for my own use, and I guess I'll just post the files here when I'm done. Some of the banners really annoy me (like the swan and some of the more modern style banners that don't fit the time period) so I'm doing something about it instead of complaining! Novel idea, eh?
f5dfth.png

hotcobbler <- The last one is nice, but if your hero wear heraldic surcoat(or other heraldic armor), he wil have this acorn(nut) under his belt, you know what place i mean :razz: And it's kinda funny, especially that it is acorn:razz:

Beautiful. I didn't even think of that when I was making it. I guess I should have put two acorns then. Oh well. Enjoy  :wink:

HUtH said:
hotcobbler <- The last one is nice, but if your hero wear heraldic surcoat(or other heraldic armor), he wil have this acorn(nut) under his belt, you know what place i mean :razz: And it's kinda funny, especially that it is acorn:razz:

Ha ha. deffently an option to think about!

I tested it out and indeed the nut hangs quite conspicuously. Ahem... since there's only one, I guess we'll just say it's the heraldry of Lance Armstrong's ancient descendants.

I've been working on a lot of banners in the last few days. I'll post a little preview, and maybe all I've done later today. Anyway, I like a lot of the banners already in game, but a few of them just irk me, so I've gone through and tried to replace many of them with something new and more in line with the laws of heraldry. I think it's going well. My plan is to eventually post the 6 texture files with all the banners redone, should take me a few days but I'm an art major so this is fun stuff for me. Any suggestions are very welcome.
m3253.jpg

heraldry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Polish_nobility_coats_of_arms_images

http://www.ngw.nl/

I was actually looking at the Polish list earlier today, it's got some cool stuff in there I'm gonna use. However, I think there is an overabundance of the eagle in the M&B banners already, so I'm not adding any more of them. In fact, I may take out one that I think looks too modern. I'm trying to give them all an authentic look that could be painted by the average craftsman of the day, and some of the shading and depth to some of the preexisting banners doesn't jive with that feel.

hotcobbler said:
I've been working on a lot of banners in the last few days. I'll post a little preview, and maybe all I've done later today. Anyway, I like a lot of the banners already in game, but a few of them just irk me, so I've gone through and tried to replace many of them with something new and more in line with the laws of heraldry. I think it's going well. My plan is to eventually post the 6 texture files with all the banners redone, should take me a few days but I'm an art major so this is fun stuff for me. Any suggestions are very welcome.
m3253.jpg

Number 3 my favorite.

Yeah, once I had the cross on it that one seemed like it need a little more oomph, and since it's a floury cross the fleur de lis fit right in. It seemed like a natural fit. These are the files I'm using right now, I'm pretty happy so far, but I'm not done yet. Still need to fix up a few more banners before I post them all together as a little minimod.

Obviously I did not make all of these banners, many are still from the original M&B file with mine replacing some of the less attractive ones. This is so I can use them in game, as well as eventually release them. I claim no ownership over these, use them as you will. If you want, you can probably download these images and save them as .dds files with the same name as the banner file they are replacing in the M&B texture file. I'm not sure if they've been resized by the website hosting them though.

Preview:
plh6r.png

2mcsmd3.png

157j0n.png

mrti1l.png

I'm a little confused. Did you mean the base color of the banner? If so then yes. I actually created a new template with folds an grime in order to make my work faster.

hotcobbler said:
I'm a little confused. Did you mean the base color of the banner? If so then yes. I actually created a new template with folds an grime in order to make my work faster.

No, no. Test them with heraldic armor. the you will see what color is on the back.

Ahh, yeah, I see what you mean. I did test a bunch of them and noticed that, but most of the ones I tested matched up perfectly. Generally I'm trying to keep the same dominant color as the banner I'm replacing, that way it won't look strange, but I know some of them I changed completely.

Is there a way to change the color of the back in relation to the banner itself?

Back
Top Bottom