Britain at War feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

I love the new animations, with the exception of the new shield block. It carries the consiquence of getting an arrow shot through my forhead. I deffenately like the general "feel" each faction gives but I dislike the missplaced equipment, such as the Sherwood Bandits cutting me up with katzbalgers. I for one enjoy mods that aim to use historicaly accurate equipment divided accordingly among the different cultures/factions. I would also reccomend equiping horsemen with lances aswel as a hand weapon and not allowing them to wield the lance with the shield simultaneously for it stops them from trying to use the couching lance technique.

I also realy like the texuters of the new weapons, like the boar spear among others. I would deffenately like to see all the weapons used, textured in the same "style" but that may be a lot to ask :razz:.

I'll be looking forward to the new version, thats for sure.

Edit: Perhaps this should have been posted in the suggestions thread instead, sorry  :oops:.

Perdikas said:
I love the new animations, with the exception of the new shield block. It carries the consiquence of getting an arrow shot through my forhead. I deffenately like the general "feel" each faction gives but I dislike the missplaced equipment, such as the Sherwood Bandits cutting me up with katzbalgers. I for one enjoy mods that aim to use historicaly accurate equipment divided accordingly among the different cultures/factions. I would also reccomend equiping horsemen with lances aswel as a hand weapon and not allowing them to wield the lance with the shield simultaneously for it stops them from trying to use the couching lance technique.

I also realy like the texuters of the new weapons, like the boar spear among others. I would deffenately like to see all the weapons used, textured in the same "style" but that may be a lot to ask :razz:.

I'll be looking forward to the new version, thats for sure.

Edit: Perhaps this should have been posted in the suggestions thread instead, sorry  :oops:.

Thanks for the first feedback. The katzbalgers are a french weapon isnt it?

Well the Katsbalger was a sword in service by the Landsknecht which wasn't until the 15th century. Its origin is German, like the Zweihänder however, this 2h sword was apparently in service in germany during the 14th century but hadn't gained much renown among the other nations until the 16th century.

I would imagine Ulster Swordsmen being 2h, to use Great Swords, wislt the Scots wield Claymores which also means "Great Sword".

By discription Great Swords were too heavy to be wielded by 1h but too short to be labeled 2h swords. However these were the sterio-typical 2h swords as Bastard Swords were also starting to appear in action, which were in theory, a longer version of their 1h brothers in both blade and haft. I am quite sure that large men have wielded Great Swords as 1h in the past hehe  :grin:.

Well that depends what you want with your mod, there are plenty of ppl who wouldn't mind seeing a Zweihänder in action. To aim for historical accuracy is alot of work.

I`ve played this mod with the English and with the Irish.

English :
When you have recruited a few troops, you fight against the Sherwood men to make them level and get a cavalry army.
Once you have 40+ English horseman the game is over you can destroy almost everything on the map ( Except siege ).

So i would say that the English are currently very strong and are easy to play. Their Knight should be a little weaker than the French one but still , i liked what i see.

Irish :

Irish troops are "normal". Not too strong , not too weak. The problem is when you meet an English army, you are dead. The enemy cavalry is going to bring you down if you cant stop them. But to stop them you need a strong infantry line.. which in all the case, you wont have. So you have to rely more on your companion .. send them charge the enemy cavalry when they are close... you sacrifice them for saving your infantry.. but still you have to defeat the main foot army who is stronger than yours.

I guess the mod is not finish yet, but i hope it was not mean to be balanced.

BTW i really enjoy the Irish vs Scottish. But the English are just a little too strong to be enjoyable :razz:

Great Mod so far :smile:

Edit : Some sword are doing "piercing" damage... and im not talking about when you thrust , but when you slash. Maybe its for that reason that the english army is so strong.

Edit 2 : I do not know how you plan to make the "british army" party spwan in the next version but i killed like 10-12 party of them and they still respawn really fast !

Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, the english, I tried starting a new game and playd for a while, but when I met the english I was the only one standing left with some enemies left.
But I have already done something about it.  :wink:

The irish you say are a little weak they should be on the same line as the infantry of the scots, strong.

I will give all knight lances and possibly no shield for couched lance.  :lol: But they will have shield that dont work on horse back so they will not be helpless on foot.

Name of the sword would be nice so I can find out easely which sword it is.

Selvhan said:
Edit 2 : I do not know how you plan to make the "british army" party spwan in the next version but i killed like 10-12 party of them and they still respawn really fast !

They will be turned into bandits.

Ok good because right now the welsh cant win a fight :wink:

Also there are lord stuck all around the map near the water.

a damned nice beta - Nice balance of armours and weaponry - You really think about attacking french skirmishers - The cavalry pike, the throwing axe, some of the swords and protective gear are really eyepleasers. very fun - The only thing that freaks me are the odd arm placements while waiting to strike - sometimes im really i doubt where this blow will hit - doesnt make it easy to strike whike on horseback and fighting on foot with brains instead of just hacking away like crazy hoping to hit.....is there any easy way to use/switch on the vanilla armpositions or switch of hard strikes to get rid of that?

CCDK said:
a damned nice beta - Nice balance of armours and weaponry - You really think about attacking french skirmishers - The cavalry pike, the throwing axe, some of the swords and protective gear are really eyepleasers. very fun - The only thing that freaks me are the odd arm placements while waiting to strike - sometimes im really i doubt where this blow will hit - doesnt make it easy to strike whike on horseback and fighting on foot with brains instead of just hacking away like crazy hoping to hit.....is there any easy way to use/switch on the vanilla armpositions or switch of hard strikes to get rid of that?

What do you mean odd arm placements, animation or the weapon.

ill make some screenshots....

the placement of the arm may not be odd but i have a hard time judging if this strike is now going to be a over the head slash down or a over the head and into the side of an enemy - where i just could fight without pausing to think about the subtle movement of the mouse to attack i now have to notice to be sure i hit - if i wouldnt be able to hit in the moment i had my arm ready i could i the blink of an eye change stance and hit elsewhere - now i take longer to decide if i have to change stance or just hit - the picture as an example - is that a stab? no then maybe slash from the side? - hell it may pass over the head - taking longer - will the timing the work?.....dammit! it may not matter i thick battle where you just keep hacking away but in battle with a few or i the arena it is damned irritating - will this hit? will he have time to hit me before i do?
clipboard01orr.jpg

the hit was actually a sideways slash at the man going going out again and and back to slash the man....what I call a gamble - and it seems odd to have to gamble with what your arm is doing....*sigh*

CCDK said:
ill make some screenshots....

the placement of the arme may not be odd but i have a hard time judging if this strike is now going to be a over the head slash down or a over the head and into the sside of an enemy - where i just could fight without pausing to think about the subtle movement of the mouse to attack i now have to notice to be sure i hit - if i wouldnt be able to hit in the moment i had my arm ready i could i the blink of an eye change stance and hit elsewhere - now i take longer to decide if i have to change stance or just hit - the picture as an example - is that a stab? no the maybe a from the side slash - hell it may pass over the head - taking longer - will the timing the work?.....dammit! it may not matter i thick battle where you just keep hacking away but in battle with a few or i the arena it is damned irritating - will this hit? will he have time to hit me before i do?
clipboard01orr.jpg

the hit was actually a sideways slash at the man going going out again and and back to slash the man....what I call a gamble - and it seems odd to have to gamble with what your arm is doing....*sigh*

So you suggest I should remove those new animations.

there is also that over the head and down that has a strange little jerk before going down....also makes you think: why the hell did i have to do that? My arm needs a doctor or the arm is tired?

remove them!? - hell no! - I would be guessing a hell of a lot enjoy them a lot - the new animations as such make fighting harder because some moves take longer so you are without protection while striking longer - this one may say is more realistic and surely an improvement - basically i guess im *****ing because it take some getting used to......and im sorry about that - but would it be possible to give the player the choice? one version with and one without? is it a lot of work to do it like that? if so just forget it......maybe in a month or so i wont even notice the difference....

sorry for the trouble - its a really stunning mod - great gear, great map....cant wait for the full thing

CCDK said:
there is also that over the head and down that has a strange little jerk before going down....also makes you think: why the hell did i have to do that? My arm needs a doctor or the arm is tired?

remove them!? - hell no! - I would be guessing a hell of a lot enjoy them a lot - the new animations as such make fighting harder because some moves take longer so you are without protection while striking longer - this one may say is more realistic and surely an improvement - basically i guess im *****ing because it take some getting used to......and im sorry about that - but would it be possible to give the player the choice? one version with and one without? is it a lot of work to do it like that? if so just forget it......maybe in a month or so i wont even notice the difference....

sorry for the trouble - its a really stunning mod - great gear, great map....cant wait for the full thing

:lol:

Thanks.

I think I will be adding it with the mod but not installed, so people can choose if they want the animations or not.  :wink:

if you want to I would like that

currently it seems like that every country has the same amount of towns villages etc - is it to stay like this or will there be a slight adjustment to density of population? - naturally the part of france shown will be rather strong compaired to england and the welsh and scotland will be weaker compaired to england - Im not sure how much population ireland had....to adjust the weight of population the wilder and thinly populated countries would perhaps have more power and hitpoints....just a notion really....would mean more work...and noone would expect it to be an actual simulation of the sitiation at the time - scottish gear could do more damage while the english and the french have fewer hitpoints etc.....oh well just a little idea that reared it uglt head in my mind while running down some forrest scum.....quite able fighters with good gear and some protection and rather fast on the attack, not to mention that the archers have a nice punch.....hmmmm maybe i should try to get some into my band and try them out in battle against the scots and see how well they do there......sorry blabbering

Keep the new animation to the mod :wink:
Once you played for a while , you always know where your arm is going to attack. I can`t play a mod a without those new animation !

Britain at War is awesome! =)

my favourite mod. i played all factions expect the kingdom of wales now and they're all amazing.
I love the new animations and it's a lot of fun to charge with about 60 english or french knights through scottish lines ;D
and when you're finished slaughtering scottish troops you can fill your whole inventory with clymores and sell them for really nice prices =D
i always searched for new mods but i really can't find mods which are better than Britain ar War =)

Great job Rath0s!

Edit: i wanted to put the last of your 7 banners in my sinature but it always shows the picture twice. the other ones work :wink:

Back
Top Bottom