Britain at War suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

For Ireland, have you downloaded the fixes?

Go to the download thread and download th fix and there is something you have to edit, I written down below the fix download.

thx for the ireland fix and one other thing i noticed...in the scotish troop tree... the armored noble makes the scotish seargent pretty much obsolete...

what did you think of my other ideas...specially the abbey thing...i'd be willing to make the scenes buildings...like the church, the walls, the gate...that kind of stuff

Moshbeast said:
thx for the ireland fix and one other thing i noticed...in the scotish troop tree... the armored noble makes the scotish seargent pretty much obsolete...

what did you think of my other ideas...specially the abbey thing...i'd be willing to make the scenes buildings...like the church, the walls, the gate...that kind of stuff

I dont know, a next version might not come, and it might, so it just 50/50 now.

But you are welcome to model these buildings you see in your mind, and we can see what I can do about it.  :wink:

My suggestion about bows: Make them much slower, but also a lot stronger. Currently, when my team of around 25 archers shoot the enemy, I only kill around 5 of them. Once they reach my men, I'm doomed.

cdvader said:
My suggestion about bows: Make them much slower, but also a lot stronger. Currently, when my team of around 25 archers shoot the enemy, I only kill around 5 of them. Once they reach my men, I'm doomed.

Ok.

Or, if you or others think that's a bit too much, perhaps lower the resistance of the shields, or something?

Some more facts about longbows:

The range of draw weights was from 445 N to 823 N (100 to 185 lbf).
While heavy plate armor would be able to stop an arrow, it would have to be first-class and in good condition. And there are still joints and other weak points (such as the neck). That means longbows should be both faster and stronger.

I'm sorry to be such a terrible know-it-all, but the longbow was a very important weapon historically. In several battles the english longbowmen could destroy major parts of the enemy army before it even reached the men-at-arms in the front of the english army.

crossbows should probably also be stronger...i mean the better crossbows were strong enough to penetrate a plate armor...

about my idea with the templars, hospitalier and the teutonic knights...my thought is this

there are three abbeys one for each of the orders...the teutonic knights should be in france as far west as possible since it is actually a german order...the templars are pretty much international so it would be possible to put them in england...and the hospitalier could be placed in ireland even though it is also a german order...now known as the johanniter...anyway....each order has special units the templars have knights and swordsmen, the teutonic knights have crossbowmen and claymore dudes with some really nice plate armor...and the hospitalier...well priests and battlemonks equiped with staffs...since that specific order actually never used weapons....they were like medics in the crusades...so moving on...each order has a highmaster or something...basically a hero but you can only choose one of them since they don't like each other that much...the main aspect of the different heros would be that the teutonic hero has some nutty sword and crossbow skills and capable of wearing really heavy armor, the templar is good with polearms, shields and swords, can ride nice warhorses and is a good tactician/trainer lastly the hospitalier hero actually has a sword a nice shield some mail armor and his specilties lie in wound treatment, surgery and first aid

to get the troops of an abbey you just need to capture it from the monks

so thats what i thought up...you can use it if you want...im just gone make the buildings for fun if you want to use it cool ill send you the buildings for the different abbeys

CinuzIta said:
Moshbeast said:
and the hospitalier...well priests and battlemonks equiped with staffs...since that specific order actually never used weapons....they were like medics in the crusades...

pardon me??? :shock:

originaly it was a non violent order that just provided medical care for christian pilgrims in jerusalem just after about 500 years at the start of the first crusade it was changed to a military order charged with protecting jerusalem but its main objective remaind caring for the sick....in modern times several smaller orders were formed from remains of the hospitaller for example in britain there is the venerable order of St. John or in germany its the johanniter...these new orders got "back to the roots" and provide medical care again

theres a certain animation i've seen when using a sword, my character and npc's will swing the sword above there heads for about 3 seconds and then swing down the sword, i must admit that it looks the part, but it's not very practical when theres more than one enemy in front of you, so my suggestion is that you remove this animation and replace it with something else :wink:

Lizard_man said:
theres a certain animation i've seen when using a sword, my character and npc's will swing the sword above there heads for about 3 seconds and then swing down the sword, i must admit that it looks the part, but it's not very practical when theres more than one enemy in front of you, so my suggestion is that you remove this animation and replace it with something else :wink:

noooooooooo that animation is so damn cool ^^

Moshbeast said:
CinuzIta said:
Moshbeast said:
and the hospitalier...well priests and battlemonks equiped with staffs...since that specific order actually never used weapons....they were like medics in the crusades...

pardon me??? :shock:

originaly it was a non violent order that just provided medical care for christian pilgrims in jerusalem just after about 500 years at the start of the first crusade it was changed to a military order charged with protecting jerusalem but its main objective remaind caring for the sick....in modern times several smaller orders were formed from remains of the hospitaller for example in britain there is the venerable order of St. John or in germany its the johanniter...these new orders got "back to the roots" and provide medical care again

yeah, originaly was as you said, but after they become a military order they began to scare the infidels as much as the templars: a proove of their importance is that they formed the vanguard of EVERY crusader army...and in 1290 they already became one of the most powerful army in europe along the templars... :smile:

and nowadays, they've lost their military function, yeah, but is from a lot of time that their chapter's house are only hospital, since they surrendered to napoleon... :smile:

and by the way the direct descendant of the hospitaller are the knights of malta...they're an international order, approved by the pope...the order of St. John and the johanniter have a secondary role, in compare of them...or maybe (pardon me now if i'm sayin' somethin stupid but i don't know this two orders too much) tehy're only ispired from the hospitallers as many of other orders that exists now are inspired by the templars... :smile:

well it was a combination the newer orders were inspired by them but they were formed by the remains of smaller chapters of the hospitalier you could see them as this...the hospitalier was made up of several orders...one of them were the johanniter (although they were named differently then) so basically it was the german chapter of the hospitalier.

once the hospitalier took up they arms they defenetly were one extremly powerful and relentless army there had to be a reason they were able to rule...akon i think it was....for quite a while

i think there was one major difference between the templars and the hospitaller...the hospitaller werent as fanatic :razz:

EDIT: if anyone finds pictures of typical hospitaller abbeys/castles or churches please send me the links i can't find any -.-

Moshbeast said:
once the hospitalier took up they arms they defenetly were one extremly powerful and relentless army there had to be a reason they were able to rule...akon i think it was....for quite a while

well, as rath0s as dated his mod in 1290 so the hospitallers should be armed as knights, not as doctors with wooden staffs... :smile:

maybe the in-game difference between the hospitallers, the teutonics and the templars could be as this:

-the hospitallers could be infantry, armed with speras, crossbow and swords
-the teutonics could be an heavier tipe of infantry unit armed with halberds and zweihander
-the templars could be knights armed with lances, swords and shields :smile:

so anyone could choose the order that he prefer, even based upon his way of fight... :smile:

Moshbeast said:
i think there was one major difference between the templars and the hospitaller...the hospitaller werent as fanatic :razz:

yes, just sayin that, as solderis, they were as famous as the templars :wink:

Moshbeast said:
well it was a combination the newer orders were inspired by them but they were formed by the remains of smaller chapters of the hospitalier you could see them as this...the hospitalier was made up of several orders...one of them were the johanniter (although they were named differently then) so basically it was the german chapter of the hospitalier.

oh, if you were just sayin that they're just a part of the hospitallers, that's okay :smile:

ON A SIDE NOTE, A SUGGESTIION FOR YOU, Rath0s: give even swords to cavalry so they can fight better when they get their horses killed :smile:

@CinuzIta

I will not give the knights swords, because then they will no use their lance, they will rather scroll between the sword and the lance, and then some knight charges with swords and some with lances, and I want lances on them.

@Moshbeast

:mrgreen:

Rath0s said:
@CinuzIta

I will not give the knights swords, because then they will no use their lance, they will rather scroll between the sword and the lance, and then some knight charges with swords and some with lances, and I want lances on them.

@Moshbeast

:mrgreen:

problem with lances is once the horse goes or in a siege the soldier pretty much sucks...

EDIT:
here is an idea for Trooptrees

Temlars:
Monk --> Battlehardened Monk --> Templar --> Templar Knight
                                                            |___> Templar Footsoldier (if anyone has a better idea for that please do tell)

Hero: Grand Master Phillipe de Plessis

Teutonic Knights:
Monk --> Battlehardened Monk --> Teuton --> Teutonic Knight (Knights are not necessarily mounted ^^ all teutonic knights are on foot)
                                                            |__> Teutonic Spearcarrier

Hero: Grand Master Hermann von Salza

Hospitaller:
Monk --> Battlehardened Monk --> Hospitaller -->Hospitaller Sharpshooter
                                                                |__> Hospitaller Knight

Hero: Grand Master Bertrand de Thercy

the heros were actual Grand Masters around 1200

so i made some models...these models are for a teutonic castle...if you wane use it sure think ill texture it then...
The Church:
church1.jpg

church2g.jpg

Gate:
gatez.jpg

Wall parts:
wallsection1.jpg

wallsection2.jpg

wallsection3.jpg

wallsection4.jpg

Wall with a small tower:
wallsectionwithtower.jpg