Britain at War bug reports.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello!
Excellent work, great mod  (my favourite)  :smile:

Have been playing v. 1.0 since long time, and week ago I downloaded and started playing 1.3.
And there is one problem - parties getting stuck near Thames... Since I can't launch Thorgrim's map editor (strange Runtime error same as here http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,61232.msg1585607.html#msg1585607 , so far couldn't find solution...) I'm unable to fix it myself and I got a question : will there be any fix for map? Or maybe someone already fixed that and could send me map file? It's really annoying when 10 or more armies can't move, especially when king's party is among them and he calls you for campaign and wants to follow him...
I will appreciate any help.

And sorry for my poor english...  :oops:
Greetings!

Your English is fine.

Ehm, I dont think there will be any fix, I have no more hope for BaW and no motivation.

I have fought with the map much, and never been able to fix the parties getting stuck bug. I am deeply sorry for this, I have better hopes for Italy at War, as I now how much more modding expirience, in my eyes I actually think BaW was a failure.  :roll:

I understand... Thanks anyway, even with this "glitch" mod is awesome!
I can just imagine how sweet it will be when IaW will be published..  :twisted:

EDIT:
One more question : is there a way (cheat or savefile editor or sth) to magically change position of party? I don't want to start new game and my king and 5 biggest parties are permanently stuck...

Thank you for quick response.
Best regards.

Most of the times when I fight the Scots, I end up with an error that crashes the game it is and rgp error if memory serves and it is always scab_bastard or something similar.  I have defeated everyone but the scots, so this makes it a bit difficult to finish the game.  Thanks for any help you can give.

Troops stuck.  I found a way to get the troops unstuck IF you are the marshall.  Find the path to get to talk to them and then tell them to follow you.  IN most every case, you can lead them along the water in which they are stuck to a bridge and then out.

there is a problem with binging that when i start a new game and i choose Scotland it gives me Irish troops and good relation ship with them and the kings name is wrong   

when i start this mod and it starts loading it stops loading about halfway in and says Unable to open file: CommonRes\costumes_a.brf any suggestions please help

I noticed this when I created my character: I wanted to be on the good side of Scotland, so I picked Scotland as my starting faction. The problem is that now Ireland is my starting faction, and when I choose Ireland, Scotland is my starting faction. It looks like you accidentally switched those two.

I don't think RathOs is bothering with Britain at War any more, but it's good to see that others are still playing it and still trying to find ways to make it work properly. 

I've loved this mod since 1.0, it's really one of the most enjoyable mods I've found.  It has had it's share of bugs, and actually it seemed to get more and more buggy as newer versions (and patches for those newer versions) came out.  I was recently playing 1.3, patched version, and it was driving me nuts so I went back and reloaded 1.0 unpatched again.  Surprisingly, it played MUCH better than the newest one. 

I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to things like mods, in that I don't know how they're created, and in particular I have absolutely no clue about editing (like when they say, 'go into the file install_dat_fungus_deepthroat_cheeseburger.ini and change ''skidmarks=0" to "throat wobbler mangrove = luxury yacht"', I can do it when it's spelled out for me like that, but I have no idea what any of that stuff means).  But I know some of you out there might know a thing or two thousand about these things.  I've followed, and recently reread, a lot of the comments and suggestions in this thread about bugs and fixes, but there are quite a few in each version of the mod, and not all of them have come up in here.

I was thinking of putting together a list of all the errors/bugs I come across in version 1.0 and 1.3, along with the suggested fixes for those that had them, or a "?? anyone know how to help??" for the ones that don't.  I really think this mod deserves a chance to work properly, even if the developer has given up on it.  Personally I think this one has great replayability, and I'd like to figure out how to get a stable version of it if I could. 

For those of you diehards who keep playing BaW despite its many aggravations, please let me know what problems you've run into, and whether or not you've found a solution.  I'd like to get as much feedback as possible by email, so I can condense all the bugs and fixes into one post to put on here that sums up all the known issues (instead of having to sift through 13+ pages of posts every time something comes up).  Maybe when everything's listed in one place, we can start to figure out how to get this damned thing working right!!!!

Send me your bugs, errors, problems, grievances, issues, drama, and especially, fixes[email protected]

Thanks!

(Oh, and if RathOs is ever out there listening, let me just say that BaW definitely was NOT a failure!)

I am still here, BaW has been dead for quite awhile, the reason I stopped was because I just got tired of this time period. And then Warband came along, and I did the Vikingr mod fot it. I had planned to make BaW improved, but the viking period got me.  :razz:

But I would recommend leaving this pile of crap, and get Warband and play the ANNO 1257 mod. Pretty muc the same-ish time period, but more historically accurate than BaW is.

I'm cursed with a turd of a computer, which only runs M&B really well when I take the side off the tower and put a fan up to it.  The framerate drops to about 10 fps after one minute or so.  I would tell you the specs, but who cares, really?  I bought it around 2008, and it was supposed to be really nice, but it didn't hold up, and the damned thing overheats like mad. 

Warband doesn't work well on my computer.  It's choppy and crappy looking, even at the lowest settings.  You'd think it wouldn't be, for a rather expensive desktop that's only from '08, but it can't handle a damned thing.

Fortunately for me, I went back and found Gothic III, which I've never played, but it works nicely.  It's fun (not nearly as fun as M&B, but...).  Also, laugh at me if you will, but I've been rediscovering Diablo II: Lord of Destruction.  Talk about ancient!  But hell, it works, and really, how can you dislike Diablo??  It is one of the all time classics.

Anyhow, I love Mount & Blade, I really do, and with the fan BLASTING on my open tower, it doesn't overheat, so I keep playing it (the original, and the mods for the original).  I don't mind that there's some bugs in the mods, really, I just love having a Spirited Irish Warhorse with a Balanced Warhammer, backed up by about 140 General's Bodyguards, and laying waste to everything FRENCH!!!!!

:smile:

Back
Top Bottom