Bugs, Errors, or Problems (Version 3.0)

Users who are viewing this thread

The siege thing Elenmmare mentioned is a bug.  Which city was it?  I suspect it was one that I received a recent new scene for.  As I said, I didn't test the new scenes well/at all.  Depending which it is their may be a backup in the module folder though.  Odds are it was recreated as a ladder scene and the code still things its a belfry (siege ramp) scene.

Exactly what I was thinking. Whoever made it was smart to make the ramp big, but the game still mistook it for a siege tower, I guess.

The castle was the one closest to strip between the Eastern continent and the Western. I get you a real name next time I'm in game :razz:.

Lost Flame Keep:

-Undead didn't sally out and remained behind the Walls.
-I needed to build a Siege Tower, but had Ladders.

Would be possible to add multiple ladders in case of Sieges? Having to get a hold off a wall with one small ladder ain't no easy thing.

Factions can use skills from other Factions as long as they have the troops in their Army.

It seems dead troops also use skills (Like Erathiel's Shield from the Paladins.), but I have yet to confirm it.

Marche said:
Factions can use skills from other Factions as long as they have the troops in their Army.

It seems dead troops also use skills (Like Erathiel's Shield from the Paladins.), but I have yet to confirm it.

Dead troops should not be using skills unless I missed one.  Almost all of them have an _is_alive check. Let me know which skills if that's not the case.

Feron's Hunt (The Speed Boost. Not that dead troops can use extra speed)
Erathiel's Shield (Illoriaon Paladin Shield)

Those two I know, but note that I haven't yet tested if they do anything (In case of Paladin Skill). I only see the effect happening.

I seem to remember Feron Songworthy still showing up with the battlecry particle effects even after they died, although I could be wrong about that.

Marche said:
Feron's Hunt (The Speed Boost. Not that dead troops can use extra speed)
Erathiel's Shield (Illoriaon Paladin Shield)

Those two I know, but note that I haven't yet tested if they do anything (In case of Paladin Skill). I only see the effect happening.

Okay, good to know.  I'll keep it on the to fix list.  I use a couple different scripts for some of the ability particle effects, so I may have missed the alive check on those.  Now for Erethal's shield, are you talking about the healing effect (the yellow dots floating up) that float off people nearby or the actual beams of light that shine on the paladins?

Lord Corentin said:
I seem to remember Feron Songworthy still showing up with the battlecry particle effects even after they died, although I could be wrong about that.

I'll double check it.

Mekstrom said:
can we put typos here? ...

Sure thing, but they're not really game breakers. I'm almost certan the typos are all my fault. I'm a sloppy typer when I get into Python :razz:.

Kardiophylax said:
Okay, good to know.  I'll keep it on the to fix list.  I use a couple different scripts for some of the ability particle effects, so I may have missed the alive check on those.  Now for Erethal's shield, are you talking about the healing effect (the yellow dots floating up) that float off people nearby or the actual beams of light that shine on the paladins?

I haven't yet tested if it actually does anything. I only see the actual beams of light. I didn't had any troops close to see if there were any other effects. I still have to test that when it happens again.

Deadwind Keep (? The one near Maria Castle at least):

Undead don't sally out of their Castle.
Also, once the Siege Tower is in place, sometimes one of the Defenders manages to escape the Walls and come charging via the Siege Tower one by one. I had around 10 Undead that threw themselves in front of my army like that.

Just wanted to add that the city of Gladepeace's Arena walls do not cause collisions. I just joined a tournament there and had to chase all those guys down on horse with jaird's. Took forever!

Anyway, the cave arena in Gladepeace, you can walk through the walls. Hope this isn't a repeat. Sweet mod!

Hey, I went into a Blightlord city, where it said it the city looked prosperous and well maintained.  Then I went in there and it did not look maintained at all- in fact, it looked like some ruins!!!!!!

Lord Bryggan said:
Hey, I went into a Blightlord city, where it said it the city looked prosperous and well maintained.  Then I went in there and it did not look maintained at all- in fact, it looked like some ruins!!!!!!

Hey, hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder :razz:!

Ah, another bug:

Airborne said:
I cant complete the quest where you need to fight Prince Adyunn. I've beaten Longbeard but when I win against Adyunn my game crashes.

How many times have you tried it? What is the error message?

Marche said:
Deadwind Keep (? The one near Maria Castle at least):

Undead don't sally out of their Castle.
Also, once the Siege Tower is in place, sometimes one of the Defenders manages to escape the Walls and come charging via the Siege Tower one by one. I had around 10 Undead that threw themselves in front of my army like that.

I took a baaaad baaad beating there (Deadwind keep) from the filthy ugly undead! I've followed my Lord to battle and we besiged the keep. There was about 110 defenders and over 400 atackers, but nevertheless we couldn't break in. Illorians are a bit weak against the Undead in the sieges. Everwatch crusaders can't do much damage from outside and when blightlords stay inside on the walls it is hard to break trough with Illorian melee units.
I was not so strong yet (around 10th level) and my armour was not that thick so I got knocked down easyly. The thing that pissed me out is that I couldn't stop the battle (with TAB key) nor could I move the camera around the battlefield. I had to watch from the place that I fell as hordes of our troops are geting cut to pieces by the blightlords and unholy disciples on the wall.

So I had to repeat it over...and over...and wait every time for the f***ing siege tower to get close...and even if I manage to beat them on the walls, on the next stage I find myself surrounded with blithlords ina a small room with only two of my weak fellow Illorians....AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!

Man, I got mad...

Ahh yeah. I had my Archers weaken them first and kill those Unholy Disciples, while around 10 Undead attacked me 1 by 1, then had my Paladins / Crusaders push in. However with them not sallying out, you could just kill them all with Archers, giving you have the patience.

Sieges are a broken thing any way, which is a pity. Individual unit strength is far more important then numbers and the Defenders have a huge advantage in the first Wall part as long as they place some decent units, since several Defenders can gang up on the Attackers that are forced to attack 1 by 1 in most situations. Only when you have several Tank Units that can hit (Lords work well!) they can push through and then kill off pretty much the entire garrison without needing much aid.

That is, I'm just your average player. Some can cheat their way through by abusing the fact they stand behind the wall and solo the entire garrison. I can't / don't do such stuff.

Elenmmare said:
How many times have you tried it? What is the error message?

I've tried this at least 6 times and every time it crashes. usually I get an error along the lines of cant load missing object or something similar. One time however I made it to the after-battle prisoner screen and after closing it the screen remained black with the sound effects for gaining money and leveling up repeating.

On the campaign quest, I was told to get some cattle. All and fine, but then when I tried to get to whomever I was supposed to give them to, he went south. All the way south. To the point where it couldn't be seen. So after I had to help out with a battle, I had no idea where I was, or where he was. This happens at the far north of the map as well. It seems people really like going off screen for some reason.

Also, what happened to the awesomely cool icy sword that was supposed to be the Dread Sovereign's? I took a break from the forums, so I haven't been keeping up with development.

Back
Top Bottom