Chronicles of Talera 3.0 Features List (Released!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Oh I could do it.  I'll just duplicate a large texture 250 times or so.  :smile:  For no reason other then to bloat the download.

OMGOSH...

*waiting until download link appears*
*waiting*
*still waiting*

Ain't these "powers" bit overpowered? Do they get similar offer of turning them off, like special thick forests (what I find fun, when being on foot and pain-in-the-butt if on horsie).

You can't use them that often, don't worry. You'll still be killing the majority of people with true steel.

Any chance you will be adding special skills to the lords later on to make them more of a challenge ? :smile:

They've been bumped up in strength by Kardio for the next release. As it is, they're pretty hard to kill. If there's a future need for them to be even more powerful, then we'll see what we can do then.

Northen Wolf said:
OMGOSH...

*waiting until download link appears*
*waiting*
*still waiting*

Ain't these "powers" bit overpowered? Do they get similar offer of turning them off, like special thick forests (what I find fun, when being on foot and pain-in-the-butt if on horsie).

Elenmmare said:
You can't use them that often, don't worry. You'll still be killing the majority of people with true steel.

This is correct.  As you can see, the cooldown on almost all these abilities is roughly 2 to 3 minutes.  That may not sound like a long time, but in the thick of combat, it sure is.  Plus consider each ability does not last very long and has to be timed precisely to work properly/effectively.  They can also be tuned based on the majority of player feedback, should I feel it appropriate.

Do they make you more powerful?  Yes.  The AI enemies will be using them too though. 

The only shorter cooldown abilities are the Planarstep and Unholy Grasp, and that's because these abilities can be double edged at times, moreso then others.  You don't always want to warp next to an opponent or have them warped next to you.

I can add an option to turn them off should someone choose or if they cause too much framerate loss for some.  I will consider trying to squeeze it in before release.

Hoping to have it all done by Monday.  Some of it rides on how quickly Cookie can get his Inquisitor items done.  Those are going to be critical to release since I need their armor. 

I also have a few easter eggs I plan to put in if I have time this weekend.  Not going to say more about them right now, but they are pretty quick to implement.

We're also hoping for Khandrak's armour. Kardiophylax & I have tried to contact him, but he isn't responding.

You guys should see if you can use the magic from "Magic World"... I love the magic in "Magic World" but it lacks features... If you combined it with this mod it'd be incredible!!!

well theyr special effects is basicly another way of doing that, just using Magic worlds spells would be pretty unoriginal.

And would need a lot of tweaking. While a lot of fun, it makes the player near-godlike on the battlefield.

Munx said:
well theyr special effects is basicly another way of doing that, just using Magic worlds spells would be pretty unoriginal.

What Munx said is true.  Magic Worlds is just manipulating particle effects combined with abilities, same as I am.  I'm not adding Fireballs, Wizard Staffs, or other projectile spells.  Primarily because it does not fit in with any of the existing factions. 

Also, I am allowing the AI to use these abilities.  I find it's a lot more fun when having sometimes unpredictable things happen that you then have to adjust to and deal with.

Basically, if you wanted more of a magical flare in Talera, this release is going to go a long way towards adding that.

Btw, has anything been done to lower FPS? Feron seem to lower my fps noticeably.

So excited about this new version, that I cant seem to find the will to play any other mods.  :lol:

Munx said:
Btw, has anything been done to lower FPS? Feron seem to lower my fps noticeably.

So excited about this new version, that I cant seem to find the will to play any other mods.  :lol:

I've not noticed a slow down due to the new particle effects or models.  The Feron are the only faction with new model in 2.2, so I suspect your graphics card may be having some issues loading some of their textures, depending how much memory it has for that sort of thing.  Hopefully this won't won't be too bad for you.  I can add in some options to disable some things if it becomes a necessary thing for some.

Back
Top Bottom