Author Topic: Chronicles of Talera 3.0 Features List (Released!)  (Read 108724 times)

Kardiophylax

• "Yes, I'm still retired. My apologies."
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
Re: Chronicles of Talera 3.0 Features List (3.0 Not yet released)
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2009, 12:26:39 PM »
yup, i have the armor ver 1 ready, and helm is done and boots are almost done (hard to texture a nice boot, and also lack of time to concentrate for it)

However i would like to have one more weekend to finish up and wrap up everything for u... best outcome would be the armor ver 2 would be completed and rigged by then.

That will work fine for me.  I need to design their troop anyway, fix up a few small issues, and do some texture recolors anyway.  Thanks for your help.

Kardiophylax

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2009, 04:22:12 AM »
I *believe* I now have the battle camera working properly in ladder based sieges (the majority).  That means it is now available in field battles and sieges.  The biggest pain is making all the changes required so it responds appropriately.  Since field battles are the majority of battles, I focused on them first, followed by second most common, ladder sieges.

In a side note I took my smallish Illoriaon army up against some Feron.  I actually surprised myself when they began using the "Thrill of the Hunt" against me.  There is a resounding war drum (thanks to Checkmaty!) that is issued when it is activated, as well as the red blood like dust that kicks up from their feet.  Really quite intense.  My army was no match, some 40 versus 85, and we got slaughtered, but it was exciting!

Going to be giving this weekend time for Cookie to finish up some models and for me to get the Inquisitors properly implemented.  I have a lot of somewhat quick ideas I'd like to inject pre-release, but it may not happen given the somewhat set deadline I'd like to stick to.

Elenmmare

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2009, 10:42:18 AM »
I wonder how much larger the new release will be. It shouldn't be much bigger at all.

Fantastic previews for each race. Great to see it all come together!

Cookie Eating Huskarl

• Marquis
  • Intentionally creepy.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • WBVC
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2009, 12:46:54 PM »
How much can the repository support? I heard it was 200mb, true?

Darkstar707

• Haz a cookie
  • Sergeant at Arms
  • Vēnī, vīdī, vīcī. ~ I Came, I Saw, I Conquered.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2009, 08:24:55 PM »
Join the community of Exilian! A modding community for mount and blade and other great games! We are currently offering free subforums for modders, if you are interested PM me or Jubal.
Quote from: Ruthven
It's a typo; they happen sometimes.
You were wrong to make a typo and you will go to hell for it, and you deserve it.

Kardiophylax

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2009, 12:24:11 AM »
Uncompressed we are currently between 250 and 260mb for 3.0.  2.2 was around 225mb uncompressed.

Darkstar707

• Haz a cookie
  • Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2009, 04:10:25 AM »
So, now you gotta find some way to get 250 mb more gameplay!

Right?

:)
Join the community of Exilian! A modding community for mount and blade and other great games! We are currently offering free subforums for modders, if you are interested PM me or Jubal.
You were wrong to make a typo and you will go to hell for it, and you deserve it.

Kardiophylax

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2009, 04:11:32 AM »
Oh I could do it.  I'll just duplicate a large texture 250 times or so.   :)  For no reason other then to bloat the download.

Darkstar707

• Haz a cookie
  • Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2009, 04:14:30 AM »
Lol..

Just make 50 more factions.

No biggie hehe  :wink:

Northen Wolf

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2009, 05:30:26 AM »
OMGOSH...

*waiting until download link appears*
*waiting*
*still waiting*

Ain't these "powers" bit overpowered? Do they get similar offer of turning them off, like special thick forests (what I find fun, when being on foot and pain-in-the-butt if on horsie).
RAWR ?

Elenmmare

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2009, 06:59:30 AM »
You can't use them that often, don't worry. You'll still be killing the majority of people with true steel.

Munx

• Knight at Arms
  • I pwomise I wont poke you.
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Merc_Syntic
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2009, 07:33:58 AM »
Any chance you will be adding special skills to the lords later on to make them more of a challenge ? :)

Elenmmare

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2009, 08:57:52 AM »
They've been bumped up in strength by Kardio for the next release. As it is, they're pretty hard to kill. If there's a future need for them to be even more powerful, then we'll see what we can do then.

Munx

• Knight at Arms
  • I pwomise I wont poke you.
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Merc_Syntic
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2009, 11:37:13 AM »
Ah thats great.

Kardiophylax

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2009, 12:34:44 PM »
OMGOSH...

*waiting until download link appears*
*waiting*
*still waiting*

Ain't these "powers" bit overpowered? Do they get similar offer of turning them off, like special thick forests (what I find fun, when being on foot and pain-in-the-butt if on horsie).

You can't use them that often, don't worry. You'll still be killing the majority of people with true steel.

This is correct.  As you can see, the cooldown on almost all these abilities is roughly 2 to 3 minutes.  That may not sound like a long time, but in the thick of combat, it sure is.  Plus consider each ability does not last very long and has to be timed precisely to work properly/effectively.  They can also be tuned based on the majority of player feedback, should I feel it appropriate.

Do they make you more powerful?  Yes.  The AI enemies will be using them too though. 

The only shorter cooldown abilities are the Planarstep and Unholy Grasp, and that's because these abilities can be double edged at times, moreso then others.  You don't always want to warp next to an opponent or have them warped next to you.

I can add an option to turn them off should someone choose or if they cause too much framerate loss for some.  I will consider trying to squeeze it in before release.